Anti-Mac Commercial

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Anti-Mac Commercial

Postby isadora » July 13th, 2005, 8:47 pm

Lord Mizura's post earlier about computer help, and talk in the chatroom reminded me of this.

Check out: [url]http://www.shmurr.net/other.php[/url] that file. then the fourth one down is the one you want.

i am a mac lover, and this is of course based around the older mac. the newer ones aren't so glitchy.

but anyone that's ever had to work for extended periods of time on a mac know that it can get tempermental. and my 'long periods of time' i mean more than 6 hours at a time (i've done it editing an entire school newspaper. haha and i have to do it once a week for 8 months come September! yes!)
isadora
Regular
Regular

Re: Anti-Mac Commercial

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 13th, 2005, 8:54 pm

isadora wrote:Lord Mizura's post earlier about computer help, and talk in the chatroom reminded me of this.

Check out: http://www.shmurr.net/other.php that file. then the fourth one down is the one you want.

i am a mac lover, and this is of course based around the older mac. the newer ones aren't so glitchy.

but anyone that's ever had to work for extended periods of time on a mac know that it can get tempermental. and my 'long periods of time' i mean more than 6 hours at a time (i've done it editing an entire school newspaper. haha and i have to do it once a week for 8 months come September! yes!)

Personally I can't stand them. The OS is what drives me insane. I know it's meant to be simple, but I find it confusing as all hell. And I'm Lord_Mizaru by the way :P
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » July 13th, 2005, 9:33 pm

I love macs, but I could never own one personally just out of a lack of available software. To me the mac OS is way easier and less glitchy than Windows. But then, I love Windows too, but only Win2kPro, to me Xp has way to much bullshit and anything before 2k you are bound to get the blue screen of death at least once a day. Also, I really like the fact that the Mac OS needs to be updated much less often and is far less prone to hack attacks and/or viruses.
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » July 14th, 2005, 12:12 am

Hey Lord_mizaru I can tell you a computer geek, so here is my question. Is linux worth it?
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby EMGsKink » July 14th, 2005, 1:53 am

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a Mac Fan...have been since 1985 (and had saved enough by 1986 to purchase my first one). I've worked on Mac since 86. I've also worked on Windows since the early version of Win3.
If anyone has a Mac OS X question (except 10.4 since I haven't upgraded myself yet and wont' until my main development software has been certified on it), I can take a stab at it. I can do OS 9 stuff too, but I've been letting that knowlege slide away and be replaced with OS X info. There is only so much space in this man's brain.

So ask and if I can't answer it, I'll try to lead you to a place where you can find the answer.
EMGsKink
Regular
Regular

Re: Anti-Mac Commercial

Postby isadora » July 14th, 2005, 4:14 am

Lord_Mizaru wrote:And I'm Lord_Mizaru by the way :P

*sheepish* sorry, i was in a bit of a rush. :(
isadora
Regular
Regular

mac attack

Postby gork151 » July 14th, 2005, 8:24 am

i worked for apple with ill fated hand held newton... love macs
gork151
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Lord_Mizaru » July 14th, 2005, 12:57 pm

Mallic wrote:Hey Lord_mizaru I can tell you a computer geek, so here is my question. Is linux worth it?

That's damn near impossible to answer. There are so many distros of linux, and some damn phenominal ones.... but which one wre you thinking of? And what do you want to do with it? It's a fantastic operating system if you really know computers well, or looking to learn something new. But if you're just an average user and want to play lots of games and other applications that you love on Windows, linux may not be for you.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby groomlakeguy » July 16th, 2005, 2:36 am

makidas wrote:I love macs, but I could never own one personally just out of a lack of available software.

Oh? Apart from a few games, most programs people use is available for OS X.
What specifically are you missing?
groomlakeguy
Regular
Regular

Return to Idle Chatter