down with the chatroom

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

down with the chatroom

Postby seattleworld2 » April 29th, 2009, 8:25 pm

I think the Chat room organizers here need to be dismantled and reorganized. I have also decided not to have a premuim membership because of the chat room. Give praise to bondage.com. they are far more reasonable then the chat network admins here. however i do like the files here so I might just come back and not ever go to the chat room. If EMG wants he should move the chat room to the lesser parts of this site. so like the Subject Says in this Post Down with the Chatroom
seattleworld2
Regular
Regular

Postby Krysta » May 1st, 2009, 1:50 am

For this I will lay down my status as a half-op in the chat, and speak only as someone who has been in that room nearly every day for a year or more now.

There is no reason to dismantle the chat as it is. The policies are made to be fair, and are clearly posted to be read on the way in. The chat is lively, when it has people in it. And the ops are usually content to let chat happen as it will, unless someone is being disruptive. Which I think is as it should be.

We all do our best to keep the chat safe and comfortable for everyone in it. People who are abusive, or perpetually complained about are removed, and all others are welcomed to stay. This is clearly warned, and in all cases I've seen it happen, several warnings were given, hoping to resolve things without conflict.

There have been some issues and complaints with the ops, I know, and we do our best to resolve them, including the new QA sessions which are being scheduled to bring users and ops together to even further refine policy, and keep the chat running the way it should be.

So, as a user, I can see no reason why the chat should be dismantled, or moved, or changed in any way from just how it is right now.

Hoping to remain in chat for at least another year -
Krysta
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » May 1st, 2009, 1:58 am

Still the chatroom here is like GM the brand has got to be changed or it will go bankrupt like the Car industry. I do see a need for a chat around hypnosis there are other good chatrooms on bondage.com that are with hypnosis. In my opinon we don't need one here. I think the forums and the journals are perfect places. why do we need to expand into a chat. We even have yahoo these days. Yahoo is safe I believe. So again with all the chat's here. This site was a great site before the chatroom. I think take away the chat and it will be a great site again. I recently read Good to Great in school. the way the WMM chatroom is i see failure happening after the top person leaves. I don't know if i would even consider going back tot he chat. until it is reorganized by a level 5 leader. I encourage everyone to read the book.
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby Krysta » May 1st, 2009, 2:06 am

The chatroom cannot go bankrupt. The chat is free. Privately hosted, privately run, and provided as a service for the users of this site to enjoy. It's true there are other places to chat about hypnosis; that this is not the be all end all of hypnotic conversation. But it is one of the safest you'll come across, and I frequently receive complimentary comments because of that.

Our chat may not have the action or the loose policies common to other sites. This is something we accept, embrace, and intend to continue. Most of the policies are intended to keep people safe and comfortable as I said before. And for those that disagree with the way the chat is run, you are completely correct that there are other sites, and there are the forums and journals here. Nobody is forced into the chat, anymore than they are forced to choose certain files here.

And still you've given no detail here about just what the problems are with the chat, or why they actually need to be changed, aside from the fact that you don't like them.
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Postby FloridaPuppy » May 1st, 2009, 9:26 am

Seattle you were spazzing out in chat wanting people to read /nickserv help and the password recovery steps for you. People kept telling you to run it and follow the password recovery steps or just not authenticate long enough for it to drop the name from nickserv. You grew increasingly annoying, going as far as to request to chat with someone in /msg's, then when I said sure you asked the same questions you were asking in chat. I told you a couple times to read the help file until finally telling you that I had other things to do and really didn't care enough about your password problems to read the help file for you. I'm not even an op and you were harassing me even.

Nobody has your password. Follow the password recovery steps to get it resent by nickserv to the email address you hopefully registered with, or wait for it to expire from nickserv in a few months.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby BeMine » May 1st, 2009, 4:00 pm

I don't see how chat can detract from the site. If you don't like it, don't use it. There isn't much that goes on there that applies to the rest of the chat. If you don't like it, just don't use it. The people responsible for it have done a good job representing themselves, their perspective, and their rules, plain and simple.

To be honest, seattleworld3, I don't exactly see what your complaint is. You loved this site before chat, then the feature was added, and now the site is no good? Has anyone forced you to use it? I don't, I don't enjoy chats very often, and the fact that it's there doesn't make me feel like the site is any better or worse. You haven't leveled a single real, tangible complaint here, instead, you're making loose analogies to completely unrelated real-world, non-social events. I can't identify GM in reference to a chatroom. The comparison makes no sense. I haven't heard of the book you mentioned before, not once. It really seems to me like you're grasping at straws, I hate to say.

If you're not happy with the chat, and you like ones on other websites, why not some true constructive criticism? Say what is wrong, and be specific? Quote out chat logs where you believe something unfair and unjust happened. If the spirit just doesn't match what you find enjoyable, then why not just head to those other rooms you find more enjoyable? Isn't it better that there's several smaller rooms, each with their own identity, so that people can find the one they identify with best?

Anyways, that's if you'd like to be constructive, and help, but as of now, I can't find your argument for what's going on wrong, as an individual who isn't part of chat.
BeMine
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » May 1st, 2009, 4:41 pm

FloridaPuppy wrote:Seattle you were spazzing out in chat wanting people to read /nickserv help and the password recovery steps for you. People kept telling you to run it and follow the password recovery steps or just not authenticate long enough for it to drop the name from nickserv. You grew increasingly annoying, going as far as to request to chat with someone in /msg's, then when I said sure you asked the same questions you were asking in chat. I told you a couple times to read the help file until finally telling you that I had other things to do and really didn't care enough about your password problems to read the help file for you. I'm not even an op and you were harassing me even.

Nobody has your password. Follow the password recovery steps to get it resent by nickserv to the email address you hopefully registered with, or wait for it to i expire from nickserv in a few months.

I wasn't trying to harrass anybody. I was just gettting fustrated at nickserv. I shouldn't have asked. forget i did anything. anyways I hate nickserv they shouldn't have invented it. I was split across to networks and now t hat i've been banned from this one i don't have to choose. made my life much easier. I was trying to get owner status in my room. that is why i really didn't want to register a room. Felancia suggested i do it. I found that to be my worse fears
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » May 2nd, 2009, 12:16 am

I think we need the chat dismantled completly. I see no reason for a chatroom here on WMM. Besides I much happier now that i have found a "Reasonable place to Chat about all my fetishes." anyways My chat room will have a rule for no WMM chatters except flow will be allowed in my channel there. Unless they prove to me not to bring things up like harrasing people and all that such things. I have made my channel very good i think that rule is a good rule. any thoughts i"m willing to take the heat here on the forums. Go Mariners. and I will throw a pie on everyone that comes in among entering my channel on bondage.com
so long to the WMM chatroom. I wish it was dismantled and now that i've had a second ban there. I feel some of the rules very strict like a strict mother father figure. hheheh anyways have fun. as I will have fun in my new place to chat. PS I should even create a yahoo group to the WMM chat room lol :twisted: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :roll: :cry: 8) 8) :lol: :o :D
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby -angel- » May 3rd, 2009, 4:45 pm

As a regular I've been in the wmm chatroom for a few years.
People are friendly and usually co-exist next to one another.
I agree with you that registering a nickname can be a tough cookie when you've never used IRC before. Perhaps there should be a manual on this site that explains how to do this?
Having said that, I see no need to dismantle the chat here. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everyone dislikes it.
And..I have talked with you about your fetishes...it just wasn't a fetish shared by me. Just because it's a rare fetish in the chat doesn't mean we ban it.
Too bad you had a negative experience on the wmm chat. I hope you are happier on bondage.com.

Kind regards,

Angel/Pegasus
-angel-

Postby rakurai20AD » May 4th, 2009, 1:55 pm

I do not see the point of this topic no one ever harased you 8O not too my knowledge dont see why the complain should be taken serius :?
rakurai20AD

Postby seattleworld3 » May 4th, 2009, 5:20 pm

rakurai20AD wrote:I do not see the point of this topic no one ever harased you 8O not too my knowledge dont see why the complain should be taken serius :?
I feel this chat has gotten out of the control and it is contracted in a way as a hosting for this site. I feel we need to dismantle the chat. I'm calling for the descruction of the room feel free if you have any more coments
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby diapers_forever » May 4th, 2009, 9:33 pm

seattleworld3 wrote:
rakurai20AD wrote:I do not see the point of this topic no one ever harased you 8O not too my knowledge dont see why the complain should be taken serius :?
I feel this chat has gotten out of the control and it is contracted in a way as a hosting for this site. I feel we need to dismantle the chat. I'm calling for the descruction of the room feel free if you have any more coments

My comment is "why would we dismantle it?"

If it was truly a terrible chat room, people would simply stop using it. Thus, the only reason to destroy the chat is if people didn't use it. You seem to be one of the only people who doesn't like it.

Am I making sense?

You're one of the only people who dislikes it. Even if you do hate it so much, stop going. There is no need to create a thread.

Then again, of course, you don't hate it, do you? You love the chat, but you broke a rule or twelve and got banned. That's why you made this thread-- You are MAD that the chat was taken away from you.
diapers_forever
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » May 4th, 2009, 10:57 pm

diapers_forever wrote:
seattleworld3 wrote:

My comment is "why would we dismantle it?"

If it was truly a terrible chat room, people would simply stop using it. Thus, the only reason to destroy the chat is if people didn't use it. You seem to be one of the only people who doesn't like it.

Am I making sense?

You're one of the only people who dislikes it. Even if you do hate it so much, stop going. There is no need to create a thread.

Then again, of course, you don't hate it, do you? You love the chat, but you broke a rule or twelve and got banned. That's why you made this thread-- You are MAD that the chat was taken away from you.
Well i liked it but what can i do. I was told i was annoying people on purpose that is clearly not the case. If you want someone who realizes what apsgers then go to collarme.com. My anger is to the IrC ops here. Part of it is that i feel the site has gotten away from it's mission statement. that's the reason for starting this thread. I feel we don't need a chat. I think the forums are just find and dandy as some will say. So again Down with the Chat
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby BeMine » May 4th, 2009, 11:14 pm

What exactly do you believe Warp My Mind's mission statement to be?
BeMine
Regular
Regular

Postby diapers_forever » May 5th, 2009, 5:30 pm

seattleworld3 wrote:Well i liked it

seattleworld3 wrote:I feel we don't need a chat.

Is it just me, or is that a bit self contradictory?

Here's what's happening:
You started to chat.
You liked to chat.
You got banned.
YOU WANT CHAT TO DIE

You are taking out your anger on all those who use the chat and say it should be destroyed, when you said yourself it was fun.
diapers_forever
Regular
Regular

Too late!

Postby Calimore » May 5th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Riddle: What's the difference between a cloths pin and this forum discussion?

Answer: A cloths pin is a dull, threadless point.

You've read it...

...you can't unread it!
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby seattleworld3 » May 6th, 2009, 2:07 am

this thread is a protest to the Warpmymind chatroom
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby baby_jessica75 » May 6th, 2009, 6:03 am

why does this all seem to be the equivalent to "I don't like ham so I think ham should be banned" ?

I personally don't like chat rooms it has nothing to do with this chat I just don't like chat at all my solution is to stay out of chat! if I just didn't like this chat room and liked others then I would just stay out of this chat! why should everyone suffer for one persons likes or dislikes?
reality is no more than a agreed upon belief system that has no stronger roots in truth than any other dream of humanity.

Jessie

baby_jessica75
Regular
Regular

Postby abba149 » May 6th, 2009, 5:32 pm

ok i admit i got a chip on my shoulder

I have been working on who i am.
For all my life and i don't need to be told i need character.

That was a cheap shot that nailed me deep in my soul.

you know i may have put on some big stupid show

But I'm not some invincible Master of emotion

I'm a train wreck of a person just trying to validate myself threw any way possible.
Last edited by abba149 on May 6th, 2009, 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
abba149

Postby Krysta » May 6th, 2009, 8:46 pm

Do we? Pleeeeease back that up.

edit: this was posted in response to a claim that we harrass the mentally disabled - referenced post has been edited as of now.
Last edited by Krysta on May 6th, 2009, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » May 6th, 2009, 11:08 pm

maybe, but in my earlier posts on this thread i did say that i think a reorganization needs to happen. sort of like what's going on in government because they spent too much of our money now they are having to do with less. this will be my last post on this thread. if you want to talk to me please go to bondage.com WetandMessyGuys or go over to collar me.com

diapers_forever wrote:
seattleworld3 wrote:Well i liked it

seattleworld3 wrote:I feel we don't need a chat.

Is it just me, or is that a bit self contradictory?

Here's what's happening:
You started to chat.
You liked to chat.
You got banned.
YOU WANT CHAT TO DIE

You are taking out your anger on all those who use the chat and say it should be destroyed, when you said yourself it was fun.
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby abba149 » May 7th, 2009, 3:50 pm

I still say "my kind" is not welcome.

Krysta wrote:Do we? Pleeeeease back that up.

I do care to back that up

what you did to baabs941 was a mind game

NO PMs

No warnings and it all was just a matter of opinion

yes at the point of deletion it got rough

but what does one do when they have no idea what is going on.

The best words i have ever heard come from anyone here is "Its all a matter of perspective"

I guess warp my mind means "Drop all rules of Civility".

Cause that's what happened
abba149

Postby Krysta » May 11th, 2009, 1:44 am

I was meaning more in the form of logs or specific examples. I don't know who pm'ed you or didn't, nor do I actually know all of what happened. so I really can't buy into an accusation like that unless you put something concrete behind it.
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Postby BeMine » May 11th, 2009, 2:32 am

Aye, chat logs aren't hard to come by. You can just copy paste the whole thing into notepad. Not a single person with a complaint about chat since I've paid any attention can show any log of any incident occuring, rather, we've seen a lot of generalities, among things.

If you have a problem with chat, save the particular log from the event! As we've seen, often, chat regulars actually have days, weeks, or months of logs, and in the prior case, showed the member complaining (who wasn't banned,) was inactive over the span of the prior months, and made no effort to shape the discussion his own way.

All it takes for something to be noticed as a valid error, mistake, or undeserved attack is a log of the incident, really. If you can provide that, maybe people, moderators, ops, owners, whatever, can help you with the issue, and get the matter settled.

Perhaps, Krysta, given the last few complaints, there should be a notice encouraging that logs should be made when a user believes there's an issue with something, so the management can actually have a chance to identify the problem (if there is one,) and take care of it?
BeMine
Regular
Regular

Postby Krysta » May 11th, 2009, 10:06 am

From hypno experience, I've often been seen recommended that everyone keep logs of all their chats. It's a default option in almost every chat client I've worked with, and only takes a check box to automate it.
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » May 11th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Krysta wrote:From hypno experience, I've often been seen recommended that everyone keep logs of all their chats. It's a default option in almost every chat client I've worked with, and only takes a check box to automate it.

I guess this means you don't chat on mobile often. The only WM one I've seen with logging has so many other issues that its virtually unusable.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby Krysta » May 11th, 2009, 3:53 pm

you would be correct on that, I don't typically chat via anything but full machines. I will keep it in mind, but I continue to recommend logs whenever possible, and ask they be provided or obtained if serious charges are to be leveled against us in this kind of setting.
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Chat Logs

Postby Calimore » May 12th, 2009, 7:59 am

I hope everyone who reads this thread at least takes Krysta and other people's advice about chat logging. Chat logs take up very little space, are not that hard to clean out and can save you the embarrassment of having an all-too-human memory at the most inconvenient of times.

Of course, if you don't or can't keep logs, channel ops and many regular users do. I have on two occasions been asked to provide logs to users who wanted to know either what was said during a specific time when they were in channel or what was said when during a period of their absence and in both cases I cheerfully gave out copies of my channel logs in a timely fashion.

One thing that the #WarpMyMind chat definitely has going for it is accountability. I know for a fact that the channel owner keeps meticulous logs, as do many people with ops. This can't be said of the HF chat or many, if not most, off-network IRC hypno channels. Also, recent complaints has led to a renewal of the "open door" policy that was already in place on the network as well as monthly open discussions about the channel and how it serves users needs. There is, in fact, an open Q&A meeting today. Please feel free to drop by IRC chat to get time and directions - I have been told that all are welcome to attend.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby Krysta » May 12th, 2009, 8:57 am

Well here I was coming to make a note of this month's QA, and you beat me to the punch Cal. Guess I'll just expound a little :P

The QA is today, Tuesday, May 12th, and will be in #wmm_QA at 3pm EST. In keeping with the theme of our current discussion, logs will be made available for viewing by any who find themselves unable to attend, and for any who can't attend, questions may be left here, or sent to my email or instant messenger - krysta_elyse@yahoo.com (for email, YIM, or MSN)

I will be checking all three throughout the session, and questions sent to me before or during the session will be asked on the record, or any that make it to me after the session will be recorded and asked either in private anonymously, or in public at next month's session.

Hope to see many of you there, and many good quotes and questions from any I can't.

-Krysta
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Postby Wildsprite » May 12th, 2009, 3:09 pm

baby_jessica75 wrote:why does this all seem to be the equivalent to "I don't like ham so I think ham should be banned" ?

I personally don't like chat rooms it has nothing to do with this chat I just don't like chat at all my solution is to stay out of chat! if I just didn't like this chat room and liked others then I would just stay out of this chat! why should everyone suffer for one persons likes or dislikes?

nobody banned him cause they didnt like him, he became a total disturbance across the whole network, trying to chase down the IRCops to fix his passwords, when we told him how to do it he ignored us flat out and continued to chase down and disturb each room with this, he even approached me and asked me to try to sell why our network is better than bondage.com

I'll tell you why, were a small network, normally 2 servers, we pay attention to the users and try to be fair on all counts

seattleworld3 you use Aspergers as a crutch which is a shame, I personally know a few people with it, they found ways not to let it cause disturbances like this in their lives, I suggest if you don't want to get yourself in trouble in other places in life you find a way to do the same, if you did what you did on our network in real life in puublic places you would be arrested for disturbing the peace and harassment

thinking you cant help yourself is just a crutch and a lie you can help yourself

even if #warpmymind was taken from our network, our network isn't going anywhere
irc.warpmymind.com is a reroute to
wishes.no-ip.org not the other way around
Peace of Mind Is a Blanket That Purrs
When you look at me, tell me what do you see??this is what you get its the way I am - Holly Valance
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby seattleworld3 » May 28th, 2009, 4:47 pm

might i give you some chat logs? from my personal rooms. Mrs. Wild Sprite.
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby Wildsprite » May 28th, 2009, 11:01 pm

you can email em to me and I'll look at em, and its Miss not Mrs, I'm not married
When you look at me, tell me what do you see??this is what you get its the way I am - Holly Valance
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby LimitBreaker » May 29th, 2009, 12:59 am

I would like to point out that the IRC Channels for WMM all have good OPs or half-Ops, who are willing to listen and keep an eye on the discussion. I am not a regular visitor to the site, and I happened across this thread. I was introduced to this site by a close friend, who goes by the name of MRhello on this site. He happens to have Asbergers (I apologize if I spelled that wrong) and does Quite well for himself. As to the chat, if you have been insulted or picked on, the OP present will, in my experience, be quite courteous, will listen to the argument with a neutral ear, and mediate if possible, and kick and (if necessary) ban. The OPs on the #WarpMyMind Channel are, in my experence, quite a bit better than others, even at bondage.com. As to the issue with irritating people, it may have been a simple mistake on their part, or a case of accidental "perceived indifference" on the parts of others. In any case, the best case for these circumstances would have been to take it up with the OP on duty when the incident occurred. Since this has not happened, the best action for all concerned would be to get a chat log. If not too much time has passed, some IRC servers keep running automatic logs. I do not know if #WarpMyMind has a persistent log, but it would be worth it to check. In any case, people have their own opinions, and, them being your own, do not forcibly start a pointless discussion about it.

Before I sign off, I have a small side note: Calimore, that little "riddle" was not a good thing so say, epically in this particular thread. It made the point, but being clever like that is not good in situations like this. It came across as "I think this thread is ridiculous, so I will make fun of it". I do not mean to lecture, it is just that it could have been said without the sarcasm and the bluntness.

Now that the lecture is done, I bid you all a good day/night, and success in your ventures.

-Limitbreaker
"The only way we can go farther than anyone before us, is taking their hands to lend us the strength to break the barriers we, and they, alone could not."
LimitBreaker

Postby Wildsprite » May 29th, 2009, 1:18 am

we did everything we could to give SeattleWorld3 a chance, but no matter how many times we told him he needed to stop he did not, he only fell back on the aspergers excuse, he disrupted nearly every room on the network and when we told him how to fix his issue he ignored us as if there was a better way
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

how many log

Postby seattleworld3 » May 31st, 2009, 8:51 pm

miss sprite how many logs would i need you to reinstate me to the chat? sort of like the Micheal vick's of the world. are you saying i was like michal Vick analogy?
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby MRhello » June 1st, 2009, 1:01 am

Ok. Seattleworld3, I believe that the chat logs that you need to present would have to show that you were treated unfairly/unkindly. I hate to sound like a stuffy lecturer, but the best phrase for this would be "Quality over Quantity". If you can find/acquire a chat log for said events that shows mistreatment, you will most likely receive a heartfelt apology and an immediate reinstatement to chat.

On a second note, what in the world do you mean by the Michael Vicks reference?? First of all, unless I am not privy to the discussion you are referring to, there has been no comparison between you and Vicks. Second, why would a comparison like that even apply??

On the last note, seattleworld3, I have an observation to note: the profile that started this thread was seattleworld2, not the account you are posting with now. That implies that you created another account to avoid a ban, which is ALSO clearly stated as a big rule violation. IF you were banned for annoying the chat rooms/members, then multiple ops would have heard of it.

Ban avoidance= bad.
Annoying people=bad
claiming that no-one helped you when they tried to...
I'm not even going to say anything.
MRhello
Regular
Regular

Postby Wildsprite » June 1st, 2009, 1:02 am

if you want back into chat you have to learn how to NOT use Aspergers as an excuse for why you do wrong and start finding ways to turn your disability into an ability/advantage, lots of people have learned to make their disabilities work for them, I suggest you learn how before you come asking to come back in because I am only willing to give you 1 more change, that is it, if you fail this time its proof you cant change
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby thephantom » June 1st, 2009, 10:47 am

Seattleworld...

You asked constantly to get your password sent back to you to EVERYONE!!
I mean not just the admins, but plain regular users, which you very well know they do not have access.

You was told several times by many users how to recover the password, you refused to even try.

I personally resetted your password and told you how to set it back, YOU DID NOT EVEN TRIED A SINGLE COMMAND... I had it so you only had to copy and paste and you was too lazy to even do it, YET YOU WAS STILL COMPLAINING!

You always spam other network and channel, you was told to stop immediatelly, you refused. Your lack of respect against everyone was blattant. I even told you to stop or face ban due to your spammy nature. I even explained you why, yet I was speaking to a wall... hint: it's extremelly rude to say to channel op that their channel suck. hint 2: it's extremelly insulting to a network admin to be told that the network suck. hint 3: it's extremelly rude and insulting to tell to the service admin that they don't do their job when you refuse to even read the help, refuse to listen to the helpers, refuse to even do the command told and explained by the services operator/network admin/channel admin and even users

You are talking as if we were forcing you to be in the channel. No one ever forced you to be in. Don't like the place? Don't come.

There is no equivalent to the chat.
* Forum ain't real time
* PM on the site ain't real time, require to know the recipian (so have "friends")
* Same for yahoo and all other instant messaging clients

Comparing the chat to GM? What are you? Brainless? Sorry, but how can you compare the chat, which is free (cost basically nothing to run, have no income source, cost nothing to use) to a commercial entity that always have money issues? You can'T compare the 2...

You always complain about the chat, yet when asked to come with a single thing you can not find anything at all.

You wanted to create your own irc network, and asked everyone about it. They told you to stop asking and it was rude. Of course, you ignored that.
I personally told you to stop and explained why it was rude, you ignored it.

You then decided to make your own channel, and started to ask everyone about it, people told you hundreads of time how to do it, yet you continue to ask.

You finally make the channel, with my help... Sadly, you took no note, refused to take any, refused to read any help, refused to even understand how it work and constantly asked the same questions over and over and over and over.

You constantly being told to stop, brokes the rules many many many times. You got kicked, you learned nothing. You got temporrary banned. you learned nothing. You was permanantly banned, but got a "second" chance, guess what! You still hasn't changed at all. You was banned, you evaded, you was then rebanned... And the problem is us?

I know people with asperger, me included. What you do is not related to that. You hide behind a wrong reason and refuse to even try to help yourself. What I see (and about everyone else) is that you are an asshole that only want to troll around and make trouble. Proof, you refuse to even copy paste a command! Asperger would have done it. You refuse to do it!

(from edited post)
No, we ain't harrassing mentally disabled persons, We ain't harassing anyone. Who is harrasing us? YOU! You was told, clearly and politelly, what to work on. We tolerated you. We gave you tons of chances. Is that harrassment from us? That is tolerance and acceptance. Open any dictionary, and look up the definition of harrassment, tolerance and acceptance.

A small resume on rules you broke:
Network rules:
- 3. Please be courteous to all others users on our network.
- 4. Please obey any rules set out by channels and follow the general topic set for a channel. It will give you a guideline to what you will be chatting about in that channel.
- 9. Only PM (Private Message) someone with their permission; ask them first in the channel!
- 17. Do not forget to read the rules for each channel you are in as each one has their own rules too.

Channel rules:
1) No pm without permission. Ask permission in the channel first. Exception is to post complains to an op, and ONLY for that. In that case go directly to the point.
6) Respect the others.

Standard Nettiquette:
-Do not spam

Special rules for you:
- Stop spamming other channel and network
- Stop repeating the same thing over and over
- Follow what other tell you to do when you get help

I will skip the channel creation rules, for in short it was: need to create a good ruleset and confirm to a network admin that you will ensure safety... This one I won't consider it broken, as your channel was too short lived, and was doomed to die anyway due to your actions.

You was explained how to enable log. You probably didn't. This is not bad. However I have log since december 20 2004, of ALL the channel I'm in, ALL the PM and all. My logs stats: 20.1 million of lines and 1.3gigs in 3341 files. I do extract lines when requested. Other users/admin also log, which also allow for log validation. I will give the log to (almost) anyone that want it (the #wmm log is 65megs.... hence the almost)

Logs are usefull to report problems or as a proof. For session it's good to refer to it to be sure that the tist (or the subject) didn't do bad things and report them. Beware of the places that tell you to disable logging (like most place on other networks)

As for giving you another chance, I don't know, You was given enought chances and it only went from worse to worse. What would make it change now? You would need to give us many promises and excuses before being allowed back in.
thephantom
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » June 1st, 2009, 11:52 am

I wasn't wanting any chat logs from WMM i was meaning my own personal logs from my bondage channels. as a proof of my changing demeanor by by bot. within in my own rooms their.
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » June 1st, 2009, 11:56 am

Well MRHello Micheal vick was banned from football and he needs to show remorse for his actions over the dog fighting case. so in a sense i'm making that comparision from my ban here. compared to Vick and the NFL. Meaning phantom the commisoner in this case
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » June 1st, 2009, 11:58 am

also maybe i should also learn to control my Tempers flared with my pst.
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » June 1st, 2009, 12:16 pm

Miss or MRS phantom i would say that you can ban me from the rest of the network accept one room. I'm willing to do that. however, my temper has calmed down since i started this thread. I understand how as an owner, and I mean this Truth . I talked to a couple of people on other networks and plus in my own rooms. One guy kept telling me i was underage. I kicked them. It is not very good to be kicked from a room. I didn't ban him from the room. So if i i'm allowed back in i have to treat other on this server like i'm a guest. Not an authority that is up to Phantom and Miss Sprite. Plus Simpleton on Bondage.com spanked me for my actions here lol.
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby thephantom » June 1st, 2009, 5:17 pm

You know, I'm going against everyone else decision, but...
If you promise to:
* stop to spam (this also include to not mention other network name and channel name and in the case of #wmm, the name of other unaffilied web site. Hint: say "on another network" and "in another channel"). Of course, if it come to the conversation and it does fit then it's usually ok (*1,2)
* stop to repeat yourself so often
* stop to be that annoying
* stop to blame your asperger for how you are (*3)

If you promise, I will let you back in. However, you need to understand that this is your last last chance and that everyone is remembering you quite well. That mean that their tolerance level will be lower than what we hope for.

I personally don't think you will last very long, but that 100% depend on you and yourself only. Behave and you will be in for a long time. Stay as you were and I give you less than 5 minutes :)

footnotes:
1) When someone explicitelly ask where, then it's normally fine to name them. However when it have no reason... it look like you came in just to advertise another place.

2) Seeing someone constantly talking about another channel is annoying at best. Think of a store where someone always talk about other store being better than their... or even just about other store... Sure, some don't care, but most does. It hurt everytime someone do it... and the more they do the more it hurt...

3) I was diagnosed with it, mrhello too and others in the channel, and I know more in other channel. In all of those I know, only 3 are annoying: you, flyback/fishhead and avrphreaque. the last 2 are on another network, and they don't blame their asperger, but their own personality. Guess what, they don't care about how annoying they are, in fact, they love it... hence why they are that annoying. Their problem is that they have this "I know everything, you know nothing, you're stupid" attitude... so completly another story.
thephantom
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » June 1st, 2009, 9:05 pm

well i have to ask the phantom if i'm on multiple networks is there an Idle time ? meaning if i'm idle for a long time in the WMM server?
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Postby seattleworld3 » June 1st, 2009, 9:09 pm

I have seattleworld here but i can't acess that account because my account was disabled by yahoo and can't get my password. I'm not good at remembering passwords
seattleworld3
Regular
Regular

Re: I agree Down with the chat room

Postby Wildsprite » September 27th, 2009, 5:05 pm

adby wrote:
Krysta wrote:For this I will lay down my status as a half-op in the chat, and speak only as someone who has been in that room nearly every day for a year or more now.

There is no reason to dismantle the chat as it is. The policies are made to be fair, and are clearly posted to be read on the way in. The chat is lively, when it has people in it. And the ops are usually content to let chat happen as it will, unless someone is being disruptive. Which I think is as it should be.

We all do our best to keep the chat safe and comfortable for everyone in it. People who are abusive, or perpetually complained about are removed, and all others are welcomed to stay. This is clearly warned, and in all cases I've seen it happen, several warnings were given, hoping to resolve things without conflict.

There have been some issues and complaints with the ops, I know, and we do our best to resolve them, including the new QA sessions which are being scheduled to bring users and ops together to even further refine policy, and keep the chat running the way it should be.

So, as a user, I can see no reason why the chat should be dismantled, or moved, or changed in any way from just how it is right now.

Krysta

I Agree Down with the Chat Room it makes to many mistakes of who said what it comes in the (OPERATORS ) a middle of a conversation and accused the Wrong person os disruptions . and Band the wrong person. so on and so to many rules strict rules there is no fun you can not say anything, it gets misunderstood. Down with it. YEA..
:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :lol:

this coming from someone who has been a constant disruption on the network
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby thephantom » September 28th, 2009, 10:42 am

Wildsprite wrote:
this coming from someone who has been a constant disruption on the network

Yes... from the network akill list:
2009-06-19 adby, a troll, made us waste time while adby asked for help but refuse to listen, always change mind)
a second one was replaced by the third one:
2009-08-25 adby, ban evasion for a second time
thephantom
Regular
Regular

Postby thephantom » September 28th, 2009, 5:04 pm

adby, how many time will you change your story on why you was banned?

you got banned because you ALWAYS CAUSE PROBLEM.

Do yourself a favor: go consult a psychologist.
thephantom
Regular
Regular

Postby Wildsprite » September 29th, 2009, 1:48 am

what truth did you tell? you are against us because you were banned for being a constant problem
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Krysta » October 9th, 2009, 10:42 am

adby wrote:
Krysta wrote:For this I will lay down my status as a half-op in the chat, and speak only as someone who has been in that room nearly every day for a year or more now.

Krysta

I Agree Down with the Chat Room it makes to many mistakes of who said what it comes in the (OPERATORS ) a middle of a conversation and accused the Wrong person os disruptions . and Band the wrong person. so on and so to many rules strict rules there is no fun you can not say anything, it gets misunderstood. Down with it. YEA..
:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :lol:

Excuse me, but where do you get off quoting my defense of the chat, and saying "I agree, down with that chat"?? I see little here that's been meant to insult you. and much that's been meant to insult us. If you want to trash the chat, fine. but don't try to put my name behind it.

-Krysta
Krysta
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Idle Chatter