Premium Membership

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Premium Membership

Postby EMG » July 20th, 2005, 1:12 am

Congrats to EMGSlave for being my first premium member, as a reward for her generosity she will be beaten
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby makidas » July 20th, 2005, 10:40 am

Question: What are the payment options. The reason I ask is because I don't have a CC.
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby deathjdstn » July 20th, 2005, 1:16 pm

on the site there is only credit card option u might want to send a private message to EMG and see if he will accept a money order that may take awhile but its better than nothing and i would do 3 or 6 months and such so ur not mailing money order every month and he would most likely work with u if u do a quator or half year payments

not saying he will or will not do it but best to send him a message worst thing he can do is say no or goto 7-11 if ur in the usa and most 7-11 has this thing called a v-com machine goto it sign up and it will ask u about your id stuff takes about 15 mins sign up for the check cashing or what ever it is do not cash a check anyways there is a button on there for a thing called Ecash its a pre paid master card once done the machine will spit out this cheap vcom thing about 10 days or so it will come in the mail call the 800 number activate it go back to 7-11 put the card in like a debit card put money in it and boom instant credit card but with out the debt part hehehe as u only pay on what money u have.

i have paypal i have a checking account that has a visa logo on my bank card and i have e cash so i am good also talk to your bank about a check card on ur checking account

they will not do a credit check is their not giving u credit just a visa or master card linked to ur checking account thats all

good luck hope this helps
deathjdstn
Regular
Regular

Postby makidas » July 20th, 2005, 1:43 pm

All I can say is, now I know why the aliens have not contacted us yet. I'm sorry but I'm not even going to bother trying to comprehend what you just typed.
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby sandy82 » July 20th, 2005, 6:00 pm

deathjdstn, I'm reasonably sure that virtually all the registered users who post regularly are good-hearted souls. I can't vouch for the thousands I have not seen. (Out of those thousands I did catch one last night placing indirect ads for another website in the Forums. But that's another story.)

It's entirely your call, but I strongly suggest that you not mention even that you have a checking account or a Visa card or a debit card, or whatever. When you do that you give a hacker part of the information he needs to go after you. A month from now you may mention in "Idle Chatter" that your bank, Wells Fargo, doesn't treat its customers so badly, and there's another piece of the puzzle. At some point you may tell someone your real name. Presto!

Am I paranoid? Hell, yes! When Citibank/group/corp loses info on measly millions of customers, followed by Bank of America and others...everybody should be paranoid.

Makidas, I share your frustration, not at deathjdstn's instructions (which were very good), but at the way things work now. Best solution. Go to Colorado Springs and sit outside the Post Office until a guy with brown hair goes in. Look for grey eyes. If you whisper "Obedient, relaxed" and he jumps two feet, either you've got the right person or your target will run screaming out into the street. If you've found EMG, hand him the cash. Also if we can convince EMG that punk is "in", purple hair is much easier to spot from a distance. :)
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » July 20th, 2005, 10:40 pm

Will the files that come out for premium members eventually become available to all members or will they still premium member files?
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby deathjdstn » July 21st, 2005, 7:48 am

hmmm ok if ur online even on this hackers assume u have some kinda of credit card but the info i just gave was so generic i am not sure how that gives any hackers information they can use to set me up.?

ok that v com thing i assume most 7-11 has them?

and how many 7-11 there is in the U.S.? how many customers do that have?

and as for checking account i assume i was even more vague on that info.

If a hacker wants your info i tell u one thing most stores u goto is even more careless with ur info.

there is much easier targets out there that a hacker can just goto their nearest dumpster behind some store and i bet can pull some credit card numbers. now thats really secure hehehe.

i mean unless i give out my ss number or credit card info or bank account info etc... i think i am fine as to what info i just gave at the top as its a generic information.
deathjdstn
Regular
Regular

Postby makidas » July 21st, 2005, 10:52 am

wow.....
I may be wrong....

makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby deathjdstn » July 21st, 2005, 12:59 pm

hmmm i guess
deathjdstn
Regular
Regular

PayPal

Postby maskedwomyn » July 21st, 2005, 5:10 pm

Unfortunately PayPal won't act as a payment broker for adult sites now that they have been purchased by Ebay. They would be a great solution for a lot of people.

But emgslave has made it clear, EMG accepts credit cards, and EMG accepts money orders, cash or checks through his post office box. So someone who doesn't want to provide credit card information over the Internet can still be a premium member.

And as deathjdstn made clear, there are more credit card scams and id theft problems caused by using credit cards off line than using them online. So if you are very concerned about id theft it might be worth talking to your credit card company to see what sort of id theft prevention programs they have available such as card numbers that are only good for a single use, etc.

the masked womyn
maskedwomyn
Regular
Regular

Postby sandy82 » July 21st, 2005, 5:54 pm

deathjdstn, everything you say is true. every word.

My question is: why, on an open channel do you want to give out any personal financial information at all?

All risks are relative. Why justify the small avoidable ones by citing larger unavoidable ones? Of course, feel free to do whatever you wish.

masked womyn, nobody was talking about any risks involved in sending EMG a credit card number by secure line....or even by mail. The topic was divulging financial information, however slight, on an open channel when it is unnecessary to do so.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter