KORN!!!!!!!!!

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

KORN!!!!!!!!!

Postby danmalara » April 13th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Any one who likes/LOVES korn come here and post cool stuff. I expect makidas to be a frequent poster. I LOVE KORN, and you should too! Also any questions about korn I can answer. I literally know everything.
Last edited by danmalara on May 5th, 2005, 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 13th, 2005, 9:12 pm

WAZZZZZZZZUUUUUP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and every1, dont even bother testin dan on his korn trivia, cuz he knows his shit!!!

for that matter, don't bug me either, lol
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » April 13th, 2005, 9:25 pm

o yea, HEAD MUST DIE!!!

EMG ought to make a file that makes people want to KILL HEAD
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby danmalara » April 13th, 2005, 9:35 pm

lol :lol: , ur too funny....and he was right, I do know my korn. lol
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TAUH » April 13th, 2005, 9:48 pm

Korn duz kik ass
TAUH

Postby BobbyS » April 14th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Ooh, see if you could get EMG to transform you into the lead singer!
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » April 14th, 2005, 4:18 pm

hmmm, i dont really want to be john, but i would love to be lestat in the qotd movie, i made a file that trains me to speak like him which works freakin awesome, i also made a file to transform my body like his,(pale skin, fanggs, brown eyes, etc, etc) no luck with that one as of yet. and geez, me and dan cant get much more addicted to korn but i added it to the votin page anyways
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby danmalara » April 14th, 2005, 6:02 pm

lol, cool, but somehow I don't think it will get many votes. Well actually, it wouldn't be a bad file to have made, because I could post a link to it on all of the Korn forums out there and then it would slowly makes it way around the world (especially England), and then Korn would RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! Everyone would like korn, that would be cool. But no one would be able to like Korn more than me. Even you makidas!! lol And I wouldn't ever have to listen to the file either. :lol:
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 14th, 2005, 10:39 pm

ok mr sensitive nipples, what ever u say, lol :lol: :lol:
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » April 15th, 2005, 6:26 pm

well fuck u and your bacon!! lol, jk, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby danmalara » April 15th, 2005, 10:58 pm

First off, I am not "mr sensitive nipples."

Second thing........there is no second thing.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Linja » April 20th, 2005, 4:18 am

Yeah! For real, Korn are fucking awesome! They're one of the few heavy-rock bands that I can stand, because they have something that most of the others seem to forget about... Melody. Not only can they get your blood rushing, but they can be fucking catchy too. But not in the goddamn Britney Spears way, I just say catchy for lack of a better word... Best Korn song... man, so many, right now... Break Some Off. His voice sounds so freaking wicked.

-Linja
Linja
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » April 20th, 2005, 8:57 pm

Korn is great. You hit right on, they put melody in the songs and mix it with the hardcoreness. Often the melody is done with a back up singer, and that's how I first got hooked on korn. Back when Untouchables came out, I fell in love with Here To Stay. Now that head is gone, I don't know what the new album is goning to be like. I sure do hope it's good though, or else I would be very mad at head for leavin.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » April 23rd, 2005, 2:44 am

Stewie, don't respond to any of my posts ever again.....simply because I don't like you, because you say stupid stuff. And you don't know shit about korn. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :evil: :evil: :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!:
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Folsom_god » April 23rd, 2005, 2:39 pm

its ok stewie is canadian thats like being born with an asshole gene
Folsom_god
Mentor
Mentor

Postby johnbohnrevenge » April 23rd, 2005, 6:23 pm

Stewie wrote:Are you sure you don't mean harmony when you say melody because (beinga musician) all songs have melody (if they dont then they arent a song) you might be talking about harmony (the simotaneous sounding of two or more different notes) :)

Never heard of "countermelody", bub? :wink:
johnbohnrevenge
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » April 24th, 2005, 8:20 pm

You're the biggest fag on these forums. This is not a forum for "forgeting" about korn, and it certainly isn't a place to post your stupid links. :x Man, I hate you almost as much as I hate Stewie!! :x
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 24th, 2005, 9:30 pm

dans right, this is a korn thread, and imputence will not be tolerated! BAm! kick it up anotch! :lol: :lol:
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby makidas » April 24th, 2005, 9:46 pm

*humpf*
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby danmalara » April 24th, 2005, 11:44 pm

You're wrong, I just hate people like you. And people who post extremly stupid stuff....kinda like you. :x And you should probably take the marijuana out of your mouth...you pot head.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Folsom_god » April 26th, 2005, 7:22 pm

That_guy....who names their kid that. What are you canadian?
Folsom_god
Mentor
Mentor

Postby johnbohnrevenge » April 27th, 2005, 6:09 am

Perhaps... it's not your real name!
johnbohnrevenge
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joe » April 27th, 2005, 8:15 am

ever since i saw that suggestion for the KoRn file on the vote page, i can't stop thinking about the band. the idea of being forced to like them is far out. i've never listened to them before....
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » April 27th, 2005, 10:06 am

Joe, I haven't listened to them either. They certainly evoke strong reactions near the sites of present/former prisons. One can picture the earphones humming at the bus stops.

Stewie and that_guy_12: one of the practical reasons for freedom of speech is that no single person has a monopoly on truth. In my view, you should feel free to say anything you please, as long as it's reasonably linked to the topic. Since the overarching topic here is "Idle Chatter", it would be hard to stray too far.

Back when we were talking about Korn's music, Stewie, you made an interesting comment on melody versus harmony. Is harmony, broadly speaking, merely the sound of two notes made simultaneously? If so, then harmony must have a number of subsets. I suppose that the best-known subsets to Westerners are Palestrinian and sub-Saharan African--giving rise in synthesis to the Blues, Rock, etc.

I know very little about music, unfortunately; but the mathematical, psychological, and cultural aspects are interesting. I suspect that musical pieces with a structured beginning, middle and resolution are most prevalent in societies that seek conclusions and closure. In contrast, some Indian (subcontinental) music seems to my ear never to get anywhere, and this may suggest a cultural tendency to be content with open questions. I make no judgment on which is better or worse; I hardly think the words apply. I have read that listening to Bach encourages mental concentration. I can't say, because most classical music drives me nuts; but it is clear that Bach's compositions closely follow mathematical constructs.

And now back closer to Korn. It may interest certain of their aficionados that even some classical music represents the prelude and expression of orgasm. On both visual and aural grounds, you can't beat the cannon fire in The 1812 Overture.

From what I've read in this thread, it is abundantly clear that Korn blows some people's minds.

danmalara wrote:To that_guy_12: You're the biggest fag on these forums. This is not a forum for "forgeting" about korn, and it certainly isn't a place to post your stupid links. :x Man, I hate you almost as much as I hate Stewie!! :x

Dan, it's unwise to hate people...even to say that you hate people. The obvious reason is that you can never tell when you might need assistance from unexpected quarters.

There's an old saying that has some application here.

"Vinur er sá, sem í raun reynist."

We have several members here who can read that in their native language.

"A friend is someone who is seen to be in pain/difficulty."

You can work out the better-known phrasing.

Forum sites tend to work on the principle of mutual tolerance. We can be grateful that this one, almost always, shows a high degree of tolerance for its many members and their varied interests.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » April 27th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Now I can't imagine why people blame bands like Korn for making people angry :twisted: This might be the angriest forum I've seen so far. I agree though, Korn rocks. I saw them live a few years ago at Ozzfest and they rocked the house! I'm feeling mean today...
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joe » April 27th, 2005, 1:07 pm

what's funny is the amount of replies this topic/band has generated ..

and the more i look at it the more i'm hopelessly compelled to listen to KoRn.. haha
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » April 27th, 2005, 8:17 pm

well, well, well, Sandy....That post was just a little too long. Honestly, it was a lot to long :lol: . But you had a great point about hating people. I don't really hate them either. What I really wanted to type was "I don't like you almost as much as I don't like stewie," but it just didn't sound right to my ear. To be quite frank, I would probably like 'em. I just got off on the wrong foot with that_guy. I don't like having enemies, who does, so sorry guys.

Oh yeah and for you and joe, I think I'm going to put a korn album up, to get you guys started. I love korn and I want you to too. So i'll think about which album is the best for a "beginner" and I'll post a link to it so you can dowload it for free, on me. Arn't you excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by danmalara on April 27th, 2005, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » April 27th, 2005, 8:32 pm

gregi696 wrote:Now I can't imagine why people blame bands like Korn for making people angry :twisted: This might be the angriest forum I've seen so far. I agree though, Korn rocks. I saw them live a few years ago at Ozzfest and they rocked the house! I'm feeling mean today...

...not lost not blown away; just irritated and quite hated, self control breaks down; why's everything so tame; I like my life insane; I'm fabericating and debating who I'm gonna kick around...

:D :D That was great!!!
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 27th, 2005, 9:44 pm

dan, if your gonna post an album, make it the first one:)
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby danmalara » April 27th, 2005, 10:37 pm

That's a good one, but the other ones are just as good. I can't decide. I think the greatest hits would be good for a lot of people the the word up song isn't korn at all. I think I'll put up the greatest hits. No arguing mak.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 27th, 2005, 10:45 pm

ill argue anyways, the first album everyone would definitely like, especially like shoots and ladders and devine, i dunno the first album is all good tunes, :D :D
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby joe » April 28th, 2005, 5:18 am

oh man.

looks like i'm going to have a new favorite band, whether i like it or not ..

hopelessly addicted, and i wasn't even hypnotized. haha
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby gregi696 » April 28th, 2005, 11:34 am

That would be great if you posted an album! I'm in Hong Kong and all of my music is at home. I could always appropriate the music from the web if i really wanted to.

Joe: If you like Korn, check out Static-X, Disturbed, and Manson to name a few.

Evil inside :twisted:
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joe » April 28th, 2005, 11:49 am

haha looks like you guys are going to totally remake my musical preferences!
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 28th, 2005, 8:40 pm

SWEEEEET!! :D :D I'd post some shit if netzero didn't suk so much cock! :) :)
makidas
Guru
Guru

IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby danmalara » April 28th, 2005, 9:02 pm

OK EVERYBODY, I DID IT. THE GREATEST HITS VOL. 1 IS UP, AND IT TOOK A WHOLE NIGHT OF DOWNLOADING. THE LINK WILL EXPIRE IN UNDER 7 DAYS SO YOU BETTER HURRY UP AND DOWNLOAD IT :!: :!:

<LINK DELETED>
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby joe » April 28th, 2005, 11:40 pm

i just downloaded it dan. i can tell the next month of my listening will be limited to KoRn!!!!!
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 28th, 2005, 11:58 pm

way to go joe!!! :D :D ima poet, dont ya know it!
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby joe » April 29th, 2005, 12:02 am

dude you guys need to help me remake my music taste. i love this shit!!!
joe
Mentor
Mentor

Postby gregi696 » April 29th, 2005, 12:28 am

Dan, you're officially my hero now! Thanks for putting that up.
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 29th, 2005, 12:42 am

i can't believe how much i've been missing out on dan, thank you so much. i have a new favorite band!!!! :D :D :D
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby gregi696 » April 29th, 2005, 2:39 am

If you think the music is good. You need to see some of their videos. Go to the yahoo radio section and I think you can find some. Check out Freak on a Leash, Falling away from me, and Yall want a single are some kick a$$ videos.
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Re: IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby EMG » April 29th, 2005, 6:46 pm

Sorry people, but I can't allow links like this, we aren't a music sharing service.

danmalara wrote:OK EVERYBODY, I DID IT. THE GREATEST HITS VOL. 1 IS UP, AND IT TOOK A WHOLE NIGHT OF DOWNLOADING. THE LINK WILL EXPIRE IN UNDER 7 DAYS SO YOU BETTER HURRY UP AND DOWNLOAD IT :!: :!:

<LINK DELETED>
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby danmalara » April 29th, 2005, 11:21 pm

Sorry EMG, I wasn't aware.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » May 13th, 2005, 9:47 pm

:!: :!: :!: OK THE KORN TOPIC IS DIEING!!!! I'm going to give it a jumpstart again. Here are some cool facts. The name of the upcoming album is Souvenir Of Sadness. I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JD is using an instrument called a glass armonica. It's not a very well known instrument. This album is supposed to be korn's "Dark Side of the Moon." So if you don't like korn you should plan to buy this CD anyways. JD's blog is located [url=http://www.buttsexcrips.com]here[/url], and it shows a picture of the glass armonica if you want to see it. :!: :!: :!:
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sandy82 » May 14th, 2005, 9:57 am

I want to see the glass armonica, but I don't know where to look.

Did the software erase the link? Some software is set to do that.

By the way, KoRn's official site has some excerpts from their music. But not enough to satisfy a serious listener. Just enough, I guess, to prompt people to buy a CD or two.
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby danmalara » May 14th, 2005, 8:47 pm

Sandy, the word "here," from "JD's blog is located here," is the link. Put your curser over the word and it will underline its self. Then click. :D
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Idle Chatter