What video games are you playing?

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

What video games are you playing?

Postby isadora » August 27th, 2005, 8:01 am

I'm a huge gamer nerd girl. I have my PS2 and my oodles of games!

What games are you playing?
What system do you own? (PC, GC, X-Box, PS2....Atari? haha).
What games are you looking forward to? (This quarter of the video game season is the busiest, as it's right before OMG CHRISTMAS and they want to make sure people buy it).

And if you want to debate a topic: Which system is better?

To answer my own questions:

Playing: Prince of Persia 2, Shadow Hearts 2, Star Ocean: 'till the end of Time....and a few Random others. I really suck at finishing games...(if you couldn't tell, I mostly like RPG's).

I own the PS2, and I think I may buy myself the GameCube (SUPER SMASH BROS MELEEEEEEE haha that game rocks).

Games I'm looking forward to, without a doubt, is Shadow of the Collossus. It's the spiritual sequel to Ico (which I LOVED beyond a shadow of a doubt and is my favouritest game in the WORLD) and Prince of Persia 3. Those are the two games I am aching for.

I am a huge supporter of the PlayStation. It has the most support, is willing to take the most risks (Katamari Damacy, Mr. Mosquito...to name a few) and has a base that's more outstretched than the X-Box and the GC combined. The GC is a kiddy-console. The X-Box is the jock console, in my opinion. The X-Box does have the best graphics, but as a company based in the United States (unlike PS2 which is more Japan than North America) I find that their games follow a certain gamut.

Plus the X-Box is marketed for males. It's kind of like beer. Girls drink beer, and the beer making industry knows this. But they still market to men. That's what the X-Box does.

So my support is strongly, and firmly, in the Sony corner (with some ra-ra GC support....I cried when Sega died though...well not really, but I was sad. I grew up on my Sega Genesis).

Phewf, okay. That was a lot, sorry.
isadora
Regular
Regular

Postby BobbyS » August 27th, 2005, 9:23 am

Currently on Star Ocean 3:TtEoT as well. Also playing FFX - trying to finish everything - quite hard considering I only play it like once every fortnight.
Now don't class me as a nerd 'cos I'm not really that into it and I've only just started but Anarchy Online for the PC. It's a sci-fi (yeah I know) MMORPG (massive multiplayer online roleplaying game). I downloaded it for free and there's no monthly charge until the start of next year (when I'll probably drop it). It's starting to scare me tho 'cos there is a website for the game which has forums like these full of people who think it's real...

Also got Jedi Academy for the PC which is OK-ish, but the real challenge is trying to use GTKRadiant (a freeware level editor) to make a level that plays like 28 Days Later. If anyone knows where to download an LSW or SA80 mod, and a script to make enemies use their fists and act like zombies, please PM me.

Anyone played Killer 7? Is it any good?
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby morrcomm » August 27th, 2005, 12:02 pm

I was playing Master of Orion III and Vampire: Bloodlines on the PC before I had to reformat my hard drive a few months ago. Haven't loaded them back up yet, though, since I got sucked into Medal of Honor: Frontline on the PS2. The D-Day landing level is one of the most intense things I've ever played. (I missed my chance to buy Mr. Mosquito, and now I can't find it anywhere!)
morrcomm
Regular
Regular

Postby Jerm » August 27th, 2005, 2:58 pm

Isadora, Im glad to see that more females are proud of thier enjoyment of video games. My fiance is also into video games. If anyone here has/or is going to get a Game Cube, play Resident Evil 4. That game will scare the crap out of you! It takes everything that is good about the original Resident Evil games and improves it. For example, instead of a 'fixed camera' that never moves, now the camera is in 3rd person right over your shoulder. My review of RE4 could never do it justice. You've just got to play it for yourself.

As for what Im playing right now... I am re-starting GTA: San Andreas due to a memory card meltdown. Maybe it's too old for some of you to remember, but I have been playing some old Sega CD games lately. Sega CD was one of the the first home systems to utilize full motion video in games. Nostalgia....

p.s. I am also a born video game geek. Interactive entertainment is the best.
Jerm
Regular
Regular

Postby loadedkaos » August 27th, 2005, 7:44 pm

Right now I'm in transition, I've been thinking about picking up where I left off on my Eldre Scrolls III game Morrowind, I also have just finished playing Aliens vs. Predator 2 for the fifth time including the expansion. If you like a games that keep you on your toes this is a good one. Better than the movie atleast that's what I heard (still haven't seen the movie). As far as that goes I play a little bit on my game cube Golden Eye Rouge Agent, still have yet to beat Metroid. Oh yeah and I also play alot of Tropico and UT2004 on the computer.

By the way if your thinking about getting Smash Bros. for the game cube get AR with that I put in a code that lets the mushrooms that grow or shrink your character stackable, it's fukin' awesome.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby gregi696 » August 29th, 2005, 7:41 am

Hey all, Right now I'm big on Maden '06. Xbox all the way. I love my custom soundtrax. However, Halo & Halo2 are never far away from my Xbox. :D I'm also a Huge World of Warcraft junkie. Those MMORPGs can be brutal at times. You get playing and next thing you know it is like 4-5 hours later.

Note to self...next time read the entire first post before posting a response.
To answer the Rest of the questions: I own an Xbox and PS2. Though my Xbox gets much more playing time than my PS2. I would have to argue that video games in general are aimed traditionally at men. Though there is a shift occurring and games are being marketed towards both genders. Though I can see your point about Xbox being marketed mostly to guys. Though the reason they do this is simple economics, the vast majority of "out of the closet" game geeks are men. To put this in perspective, Nintendo, a great company, more or less shot themselves in the foot when they released Gamecube. I believe that Gamecube was in the $200-$300 range when it was first released along with PS2 and Xbox. However, most of the early games released were targeted towards younger childern. As such they lost a lot of business in the beginning and PS2 and Xbox got ahead. They eventually got their act together, especially buying out the Resident Evil series.
I remember, when the original Playstation came out along with N64 and Sega Saturn, I remembered thinking to myself why is Sony putting out a game system, they don't know what they are doing and I got a Saturn. Well we all know how well the Saturn did. :wink: A few years later and the next generation of consoles is coming out, and I think to myself Microsoft is crazy trying to put out a console, and I went PS2, though now I'm a huge Xbox fan and I'm excited to see what they do with the Xbox 360, sadly enough I haven't even considered a PS3. Though it will be some time before I'm able to afford any next gen system.
If you try to fail and suceed, what have you done?
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby deathjdstn » August 30th, 2005, 6:02 am

i just baught my self a psp baught the movie sin city and the game midnight club 3 dubbed edition for it i also got GTA san andreas for xbox recently and i been playing and still playing star wars galaxies for the pc and my game cube is the loaner hardly play it hehehe

i only baught it for the resident evil games
deathjdstn
Regular
Regular

Postby axedarkdemon14 » August 30th, 2005, 7:57 pm

gregi696 wrote:now I'm a huge Xbox fan and I'm excited to see what they do with the Xbox 360, sadly enough I haven't even considered a PS3. Though it will be some time before I'm able to afford any next gen system.

well do you know that the same company has made the hard drive or the main unit for the new playstation 3 and xbox 360 and that new other console, which is coming out as well.

I like the playstation better then the xbox, but you can get some games on the xbox which you can not get on playstation 2 which is a shame.

I have Two playstation 2's one is broken, I have a game boy colour but that is rubbish, and of course my computer.

I am not playing any games at the moment but the last game which i went on was kessen 3 which is a like a war game but i think the game was made in japan so the people's faces and body's look like someone from japan, but the game was not as good as kessen 2 in my view because it got boring after a while.
axedarkdemon14
Regular
Regular

Postby makidas » August 31st, 2005, 12:09 am

I love video games, I don't play very often however, but when I do I have to stick with the n64 (Zelda, Megaman) and regular old Playstation (Final Fantasy 7 and 9). ManHunt is freaking disgusting (in a good way) on PS2, especially if you have the usb mic, it rules!
I may be wrong....

But what happens if I'm right?
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby morrcomm » September 10th, 2005, 5:28 pm

Back to Dungeon Keeper 2 for a while, if only to hear that great sound the imps make when the "Hand of Evil" reminds them to get back to work.
morrcomm
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » September 10th, 2005, 6:32 pm

Been playing counter-strike for a while, own a PC (religously anti-console) and looking forward to F.E.A.R and BFME2 and maybe Middle Earth online
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby nicosali » September 22nd, 2005, 12:13 pm

been playing final fantasy XII and Xenosaga II , I play most rpg and I cant wait for the new Final Fantasy for PS2 and Final Fantasy VII for PS3. There are not many games where I am . Still trying to find Shadow Hearts 2, Star Ocean: 'till the end of Time in my country.
nanu nanu
nicosali
Regular
Regular

Postby chymos » September 22nd, 2005, 10:08 pm

what game I'm playing really depends on my mood and time.....I generally prefer VRPGs and racing games, though....

let's see.....lately I've been playing Puzzle Pirates (very addictive, that....)

before that was Forza Motorsport, NFS Underground2, Vampire: Bloodlines, and Star Wars Galaxies (though I haven't renewed the subscription since it became necessary to cancel/replace my debit card)

I have an Xbox, a PS2, a NintendoDS, a GBA SP, a GBC, and my PC right now.....in the past I've had NES, SNES, Intellivision, N64, and a PSX in that order.....I've also had a Commodore 64 (three of 'em at one point)

My favorite console for fun factor is Xbox (gotta love Xbox Live), and I honestly feel the only real advantage the PS2 has over it is Gran Turismo (though I'd love to see it merged with Forza and NFSU2 (for visual/body mods and race types). that would be an incredible racing game, especially if they could expand the car selection further)
chymos
Regular
Regular

Postby goldragon_70 » October 3rd, 2005, 6:38 pm

I have a PS2 and a Game cub, but not many games for them. I'm a big PC gamer too. I can't what for the PS3 and Revolution, as for the Xbox 360, I haven't wanted to play the game on the Xbox, so they will have to get things I want to play for me to get it.

I want to get The Elder scrolls IV:Oblivion when it comes out for the PC.

I'm playing Supper smash brothers Melee, .hack series, Ratchet and clank, and Morrowind. I'm a big RPG fan as well. I like FPS on the pc only.
I also like the small puzzle games, like from zapspot, popcap, and free arcade.com.
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby Downward » October 4th, 2005, 6:32 pm

For PC, I'm currently playing Neverwinter Nights and Dungeon Siege II.
I'm waiting for Neverwinter Nights 2 to come out and to free up some space on my credit card so i can play City of Villians (I've always loved being the evil one) when i pick up a copy of it.I've played World of Warcraft.
Downward

Postby Mallic » October 12th, 2005, 6:36 am

This is the funniest gaming relate thing on the net (Prior WoW knowlage needed)
[url]http://www.discordguild.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=562[/url]

LMAO YAR YAR HUMP HUMP
[url=http://www.purepwnage.com][img:70ca72257b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/TWINTURBOSkyline/ppbanner.jpg[/img:70ca72257b][/url]
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby joey_jojo » December 31st, 2005, 11:45 pm

i have GC and PS2. i really hope that they dont botch up ff7-2. the game im loking foward to are:
dirge of cerebrus (vincent is the man!) :D
twilight princess (first "dark" zelda game, come on! link is a freaking werewolf!)
megaman x collection (love megaman x! mostly zero)
battle network 6 grega version (gameboy still rocks)

and i must say this: GC has amazing graphics, but because all the games so far are pretty kiddy (exclude PoP and RE), there hasent been many ways to test this. unless uv played the BLEACH GC GAME! WOOT! ICHIGO IS THE MAN! WOOT! im done. as u can tell, i love bleach. the anime. not the cleaning product. anyway. if u take a look at the PoP games on GC, the graphics are as good if not better then the ones for ps2 and xbox. just my 2 cents.
joey_jojo
Regular
Regular

Postby jun » January 1st, 2006, 8:48 am

Systems:

Nintendo, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, TurboGrafx 16, Dreamcast, CDX (portable SegaCD), Nomad (portable Genesis), N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, PsP, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox 360.

-------------------

I don't really like any one system over another. I appreciate each one for what they do and what the game developers do with the system. I could name at least one good thing about each of the systems I own.

I used to play MUDS a lot (way back when noone knew what "int-ar-net" was and I was very happy with the progression of gaming into online. I particularly liked games like Phantasy Star Online and Final Fantasy XI when they came out because I really enjoy playing games with people, and not against them.

I had reservations about the Xbox when it came out, but I'd have to say that it probably has had the most play time due to games like PSO. Voice chat, strong support for multiplayer games and the absolute best and easiest online service (so far) really helps. I can always find a game I want on each system, however.

When friends are over the Gamecube gets some use with Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mario Party 6, NBA Street... the Xbox gets a bit with Gauntlet: Dark Legacy or Halo 2 or something. The Ps2 and even Ps1 get some use with Dynasty Warriors, Parappa the Rapper...

It just depends on what kind of mood we're in.

I've recently re-started up some characters on Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox (there's been very few good online coop games my friends far away and I like to play recently) and have been playing some of my 360 games (which aren't as NEXT GEN as I think everyone hoped, but one can still see the potential for what they can do once they get more practice)

(personally I haven't been impressed with launch-title games since the Dreamcast. Soul Calibur was, in my eyes, the most impressive leap forward for launch title games that I've seen)

Anyways... I was actually thinking of a script that would let you more "experience" games as you play them. My reasoning was that since you're probably half in trance while playing it wouldn't take much to nudge you into accepting the game world a little more. I mean, we're already playing games to "get into" the game and kind of experience it vicariously... Since our minds are already in tune with it it might be slightly easier to have work than a full blown hallucination trigger.

It'd be particularly fun if, when you paused the game, you looked down and you saw yourself as your character. It'd be faptastic.

I'll shush now. I have to go to work.
jun
Regular
Regular

Postby devonimp » January 1st, 2006, 9:32 am

Just beat the newest Prince of Persia game, watched the provided bloopers reel a couple dozen times <Seeing the Prince crotch himself on that beam never got old...> currently going back to NWN for a little bit, as well as Starwars Battlefront II for my new PSP
devonimp
Regular
Regular

Postby deathjdstn » January 1st, 2006, 5:19 pm

i play star wars galaxies on the pc. We in the game been through a whole rollercoaster of changes some good some bad then now they did a total revamp of the online game still trying to get use to it but at the same time they disabled some of the things we loved about the game not sure if they bringing some of our loved features back or not.

u can goto www.starwarsgalaxies.com to check out info on the game.

i have a xbox 360 as well and loving it i been playing project gothem racing 3 on it and love it!!!

yes i use to play mud games too and love them.

i played world of warcraft and final fantasy online both is to slow for me
deathjdstn
Regular
Regular

Postby VeryGnawty » April 19th, 2006, 9:26 pm

I've been playing the heck out of Shadow of the Colossus.

A true work of art.
"Once, people only flew in their dreams. Now, they dream during their flights." - Howard Hendrix
VeryGnawty
Guru
Guru

Postby starfey » April 20th, 2006, 12:39 am

Currently, I've been playing a few games.. OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, Tour De France, MarioKart: Double Dash and StarWars: Knights of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords.

I've found Star Ocean 3 a tricky one to get into and I can't quite grasp the combat system yet.. I must go back & try that one again..
starfey

Postby BobbyS » April 20th, 2006, 8:59 am

Silent Hill 3 and 4. 4 is just pathetic and laughable (you get attacked by zombie wheelchairs at one point!), but 3 will scare the pants off you I guarantee it! Go see the film tomorrow everyone!
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby jayjedi » April 20th, 2006, 10:21 am

SNES Emulator on PC. I love the look of those games.
jayjedi
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » April 20th, 2006, 10:30 am

I've been playing a game called Block Hole a lot recently... shoot-em-up meets tetris, in an odd fast-paced puzzle game way. Our main games box is a rather old PC mounted in the cabinet from an old arcade machine, running MAME. Its only about 1GHz, so we probably couldn't play most modern games if we wanted to.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby TechnoBrain83 » April 25th, 2006, 2:50 am

Some may laugh at me but im Playing Kingdom Hearts 2. I just got the normal ending and im trying to get the hidden part, but DAM that journal is a pain to complete.
Playn the Samurai Chamloo game as well, and its.... tripy to say the least.
TechnoBrain83

Postby Mallic » April 26th, 2006, 12:18 am

Just got Oblivion and it runs at about .2 fps. Well, time for another $7000 upgrade.
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby jayjedi » April 26th, 2006, 10:20 am

Mallic, what kind of video card do you have?
jayjedi
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » April 26th, 2006, 6:40 pm

5200fx and the proseccer is at like 1900+
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby jayjedi » April 26th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Your card's better than mine Mallic. maybe you need a processor upgrade.
I've got a nvidia TNT2 card and my CPU's at 1.6 GHz
jayjedi
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » April 26th, 2006, 7:07 pm

Yeah. Well, I better upgrade the lot. all I'
m proud of is the moniter
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » April 27th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Mallic wrote:5200fx and the proseccer is at like 1900+

Sounds like AMD, you could over clock, the prossessor requirement is 2.0 GZ; you would probably be better of with a faster card though. I want to get oblivion, but I need better card atlest. would love Kindom Harts 2 too.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby Mallic » April 28th, 2006, 5:11 am

Little hint. The box lie in sys-recs and screenies
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby aeroue » May 3rd, 2006, 3:02 pm

I been trying to get Oblivion going, I have resorted to a new PC.

But if anyone else is upgrading make sure you get good enough.

Do not go below an Nvidia 6600, a 6800 would still be way better.
Or if you like ATI not below an X800.
I recommend X1300 or 1600

Those are midrange by the way.

But to get a new card you will need a PCI-Express motherboard.
Try get a 939 pin one as well.

Otherwhise it will be obsolete in a few months.

As you prolly can tell, I am into PC, way better than console :P

Oblivion is amazing, even better when I get my computer next week.
It's gonna be sweet :D

Edit:
Mallic I forgot to mention cause i think your card only has version 1 shaders you should try Oldblivion.

www.oldblivion.com

it might help
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby deathjdstn » May 4th, 2006, 2:27 am

i got Oblivion on both pc and xbox 360 awsome game one of the best i ever got :) for u without the computer requirements it will be cheaper for u to by a 360 for like 400 bucks that comes with the hard drive trust me u want the hard drive because if u think about it a good video card that will run that game as good as the 360 your looking at 300 bucks anyways not counting the computer parts like cpu and motherboard and memory etc...
deathjdstn
Regular
Regular

Postby Mallic » May 4th, 2006, 2:42 am

No. I refuse to. Xbox stole Halo and I will never forgive it.
Mallic
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » May 5th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Two words "Construction Set"
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby email1234587 » June 3rd, 2006, 9:06 pm

Im Playing on my old school atari! Donkey Kong all da way
email1234587

Postby goldragon_70 » June 6th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Was DK on the atari?
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » October 5th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Jeez, bump much?
Anyways, the game I'm playing most right now is Reccetear - An Item Shops Tale, then Shogun 2: Total War, then my recent playtime goes downhill from there. I'd been trying to clear Touhou 13: Ten Desires without continues, but I've given up at this point...
For LAN parties I usually play Minecraft and Team Fortress 2, occasionally some Left 4 Dead 2 or Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.
So yeah, basically a converted PC gamer at this point; I remember back when Super Smash Bros. Melee came out, I rented an entire Gamecube for a night, left it on overnight to unlock Mewtwo... good times, good times.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Storms » October 13th, 2011, 12:25 am

There are only a few worth mentioning really.

Unfortunately PS2 seems to have more hits for it...

God of War II
Silent Hill 2 and ESPECIALLY 3, "The Room" scared the crap out of me. And when I learned they got alot of inspiration for the movie Jacob's Ladder, how could you not love it.

The old SOCOM serious on the PS2 were worth while. Personally, I feel they died with the PS2, and the SOCOM's of PS3 should never be mentioned.

But that just me, and I love evil shit, soo....
Storms
Regular
Regular

Postby Haxsaw » October 13th, 2011, 11:41 pm

A good question, dear friend. I play city building games, business simulations and tycoon games. I was first hooked when a guy at a university illegally copied a business simulation game. Sure, I know I appear off the wall. I even like Roman Empire games and Tropico- all editions. I see other games as simply games. What appears as real-life, real-time simulations dealing with government and business make me drool. Well... now you know!
Sincerely,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw
Regular
Regular

Postby Haxsaw » October 19th, 2011, 7:24 pm

I will keep a note on the title Heavy Rain then. I usually have a friend come over, also retired and we play to see who can govern a Tropic Island better. We drink coffee, mango juice and debate how to run a government. We actually get into small fights over this! He hates war yet loves being a benevolent dictator. We have played many layers of the game so far. I have some ladies stop in who like playing Real Pool. Other than this I continue making mediocre sound files here.
Sincerely,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw
Regular
Regular

Postby Haxsaw » October 19th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Dear Friend,
I have a way old computer. I am with Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2010, 3 GB RAM, 2,800 MHz. processing speed, a 8400 GS Super nVidea card, an aftermarket sound card with added plug in outlets and then I added three extra cooling fans and one large exhaust fan. I still make mediocre sound files. I believe my area receives horse drawn Broadband connection.
Sincerely,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw
Regular
Regular

Return to Idle Chatter