"when it is proper to do so"

For discussions relating to Diapers, Incontinence, Adult Babies, etc.

Moderator: EMG

"when it is proper to do so"

Postby bittergrey » August 4th, 2011, 8:53 am

I'm cleaning up some survey responses, and one mentioned a hypnosis file:

"The only real success I have achieved with hypnosis was using a program that allowed me to surrender control only 'when it is proper to do so'."

I seem to recall this phrase being in the DPF "magic" tapes voiced by Tommy. However, is it in other files as well? It was probably a wetting file, if not some other file in the diapers/babyhood realm.

The surveyee didn't include an email address for contact, so I can't reach him.
bittergrey
Regular
Regular

Postby zzzzz » August 4th, 2011, 1:31 pm

this reminds me a little of a similar phrase "if it is safe" or "when you feel safe"

i found out that i feel safe at work too!

:oops:

maybe even at more places/situations...

:wink:
zzzzz
Regular
Regular

Postby soundexcess » August 5th, 2011, 12:03 am

Some of the files from
mistE and the other tist on her page include this phrase also some of saranogas files do.
soundexcess
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Ladon » August 9th, 2011, 2:01 am

The trouble I see with the phrase "when it is proper to do so", or some similar wording, is that it leaves the interpretation entirely up to the subconscious. In my opinion, any sort of un-potty training, whether triggered incontinence, or 'while diapered only' or 'while safe', remains a task of training the subject with a new definition of where and when is appropriate to void.

We were trained at a young age, and this training was reinforced for a decade or more in most cases, that it is only appropriate to empty one's bladder or bowels in the toilet. Some people even struggle to use public restrooms due to overzealous filters in this area. ("shy bladder" / people who cannot have a BM outside of their home)

Any form of diaper training is intended to override this 'ancient' programming, to provide a new definition, that now diapers are a proper place, and any time is appropriate to void. This is, of course, filtered by any other conditions that may be placed in the file.

I feel that "only when you are alone at home" or "only when you make the conscious choice to do so" would be clearer. Better yet, a trigger phrase, or if the user is wearing diapers.

Meh, I gotta get off the computer, I may come back to this in the morning. :p
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Diapers and Incontinence