My Molicare leaked last nite

For discussions relating to Diapers, Incontinence, Adult Babies, etc.

Moderator: EMG

My Molicare leaked last nite

Postby wohermiston » December 14th, 2015, 8:21 am

My Molicare leaked last nite. This happens maybe once in a while and I think I may have figured out why. I had just opened a new pak, so it was a diaper from the outer sides of the package. I found it to have a pin hole in the plastic shell. Molicare super plus packages have tiny air holes punched in the plastic and this about lined up with this pin hole. And it got me to thinking how do you protect against this sort of thing. It was really small so I don't think I would have found it on a visual inspection before use. Plastic pants don't really help with disposables, the leak would just create a puddle in them. Terry lined plastic pants could deal with it, but they are bulky and need to be washed. I think the only real solution is to use a diaper insert. In insert would deal with the insrush and the outer padding would not saturate as quickly. So, a longish way of saying that I think inserts are the best defense against possible holes in disposables. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby nikole » December 14th, 2015, 12:33 pm

You are right, and inserts will help.

But in my opinion it's a serious quality problem of Molicare. The main purpose of diapers is to collect (usual amounts) of urine and fesces. And nobody should fear small wholes anywhere.

I'm wearing Attends and my only problem is sometimes too much or to fast. Furtunatelly there are no small wholes.
nikole
Mentor
Mentor

Postby wohermiston » December 14th, 2015, 3:27 pm

I have been buying the superplus for many years now. This is the first time I can remember this happening. I will have to keep an eye on it.
I only use them at nite because I like how the wick and feel so much like cloth. during the day i use both northshores lite and supreme. No issues with them. Waiting for the new EU made Crinklz. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to Diapers and Incontinence