Encouraging Overactive Bladder

For discussions relating to Diapers, Incontinence, Adult Babies, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Encouraging Overactive Bladder

Postby wohermiston » May 31st, 2014, 7:39 am

Hi,
I have occasionally read postings where someone will describe how they wet almost constantly, or perhaps get an urge every 10 minutes or so throughout the day. I can sometimes acheive this response for maybe a few hours, always in the mornings, but by afternoon, the bladder re assumes it's normal fill and empty ritual. When it is working, it does not feel forced. It happens very naturally as an urge and release. Can anyone offer insight on how they acheived the 10 minute urge/ release on a continuous basis? I once tried timing voids every hour and that was actually quite difficult, but I am thinking maybe I should have kept at it,reducing the intervals. any comments on this? I wish our group was more active. Have we lost members? WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby PeeMind » September 12th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Surely the aim is to release without any prior urge. The urge is for the continent to alert them to the need to pee regulation style.
Those of us who like to be pee-incontinent don't want or need the urge, we just want the pleasant sensation of the late realisation the we're wetting .
That said, I find I'm like you; the leaking spells come and go, which I suspect is down to the subconscious that knows us better than ourselves, so knows when it's safe to relax and when it's best to be tight.
PeeMind
Regular
Regular

Postby babytimmy » August 15th, 2015, 8:26 pm

I have had some success in this area (although not always).

The dribbling seems to happen for me when several conditions exist:

--first I have worked to try to keep my sphincter relaxed as much as possible and am now working on trying to not pay attention to it but it still stays relaxed

--When I am focused on something else (work etc.) it will occur

--finally, I have noticed that it happens when my bladder is not too full--once it gets too full, I get the "normal" gotta go feeling

Once the gotta go feeling hits, the dribbling stops. I have wondered if a file could be created to not ignore the gotta go feeling as so many try to do, but make it a trigger that as soon as the feeling occurs the individual pees immediately.
babytimmy

Postby wohermiston » August 15th, 2015, 9:03 pm

I am sure one of my files is set up that way. but I won't remember which one. could be the one titled pee perfectly. the latest one called fogotten baby has the suggestion that your body begins to releive itself seconds before you can think of what to do. That's pretty effective as well. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby babytimmy » August 21st, 2015, 2:25 pm

Thank you Wohermiston.

I reviewed your files and found that the two with Ladon in the title focused on the urge to go.

After listening several times a day, I have wet unconsciously in my diaper the last three times I have listened. Additionally, though I can still tell when I need to wet when I am not listening, once I start, I cannot stop until my bladder is empty. Finally, I have found that I dribble without noticing quite a bit more than I used to throughout the day.

I coupled the files with your Forgotten Babies induction.
babytimmy

Postby wohermiston » August 22nd, 2015, 6:50 am

It sounds like you are having a great success with the suggestions. I guess it shows why it is good to have a variety of pathways to the same result. Everyone is a little different in the way they pick up on things. In the end, just know that you are the one making all this happen. Erickson makes a profound statement about this: The therapist offers possibilities, and the patient's unconscious chooses and mediates the actual response modality of therapeutic change in keeping with his own capabilities. Therapeutic suggestion cannot impose something foreign on patients; it can only help patients to evoke and to utilize what is already present within their own response repertory. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to Diapers and Incontinence