Pampers Perfume Scent

For discussions relating to Diapers, Incontinence, Adult Babies, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Pampers Perfume Scent

Postby wohermiston » August 1st, 2015, 7:15 am

Some of you may know that I have an obsession with trying to find the true vintage Pampers Scent from the 1980's. I have a section running in my journal here that follows my adventures with scents. My latest find is Heaven Sent by Helena Rubenstein. This is a vintage perfume no longer in production. You can find it on ebay for about $20 1/2 ounce. So, not cheap. I found out about this in a blog on one of the fragrance sites and this was the comment that I found interesting: "I remember this one when I was a teenager and liked it, so I got a bottle of vintage super pure perfume. It smells just like baby powder. It reminds me so much of what my son smelled like after changing his diaper. Also I've smelled toilet paper with this scent.
Very disappointed, I realize that it probably is so old that this is all that is left. Perhaps it will smell different during the warmer months........"
It is still not quite as strong as I remember Papmers, but it gets many of the notes right I think. I will admit that after 35 years, the nose memory may be fading. But this scent seems very reminiscent of those times.
The way to the journal on WMM is to click on my name in the forum index here. there you will see all my files and under that a link to the journal.
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby wohermiston » August 29th, 2015, 7:00 am

I found a new one.
Shalimar by Guerlain
This is the closest yet to original Pampers. Everything i have tried so far always has something else in the scent that takes me away from my target memeory. Shalimar does not do that, so I really feel that I am getting closer.
If you are old enough to have bought Pampers in the 80's. Try this and let me know what you think. You can get small samples at the website www.perfumedcourt.com. or you can just buy a small bottle, Shalimar is not prohibitively expensive. In my tests, I have learned to put the perfume only on the diaper. if you put it on your skin, the scent will change. and no 2 people radiate the same smell when it comes to perfume and skin.WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby wohermiston » September 27th, 2015, 12:33 pm

And yet another one...
Curve Crush by Liz Claiborne. This is really getting close in many ways. here is how one person described:
ummm, baby powder and chai tea with milk. I suppose it might be attractive to a younger crowd who has never smelled like baby powder from having a real baby for 2-3 years no matter what else they tried to smell like. To me it conjures images of a rocking chair in the nursery while the new mom tries to drink a cup of tea before the baby wakes up from the nap needing a diaper change. I have never smelled any of the subtle notes claimed for any Curve, but this is better than most for longevity and sillage, it just does not smell like a perfume to me-more like the scents you might pick up as you run through your day (especially if you are a baby-sitter or new mom!)
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby Tangy » September 27th, 2015, 6:27 pm

I find it hard to give advice theses days because nobody really give me none on this site but every once in a while I am generous and yes I know where you can get all the baby scents they cost 8 Dollars a bottle
1 new born baby scent
2 baby powder scent
3 baby oil scent

at Wall Greens just remember me when I need help :o :?:
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby wohermiston » September 28th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Thanks, links would be helpful though. I searched walgreens web pages and could not find anything. WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby Tangy » September 28th, 2015, 3:46 pm

wohermiston wrote:Thanks, links would be helpful though. I searched walgreens web pages and could not find anything. WOH

Perfume and Cologne | Walgreens

www.walgreens.com/store/c/...and.../ID=360335-tier2general

Walgreens

Fragrance is classified by how much of the liquid inside a bottle consists of the actual oils that contain the scent. Parfum is the strongest variety of fragrance with ...
?Perfume for Women - ?Cologne for Men - ?Gift Sets - ?Scent Finder | Walgreens

Baby Magic Cologne Original Scent

close

50x50_a

50x50_a
image 50x50_a

50x50_a

7.2 fl oz

?????

?????
3 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.

(2)

$5.79$0.80 / oz.

close

FSA

Overview:
•Alcohol-free formula for babies and kids
•Delightful and refreshing fragrance
•Leaves baby smelling clean and freshmore

Online FREE shipping on orders of $35 or more. Details

Arrives in 1-3 business days*

Restrictions apply. See shipping FAQ
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby wohermiston » November 9th, 2015, 8:14 am

Curve Crush by Liz Claiborne. finally got a spray bottle of this one. And for the first time, the spray smells the same as the sample bottle. That has been a constant issue, where a sample is impressive, but the spray version is different. I think if you want to see what vintage Pampers smelled like, this is the one to try. Sure wish we could get into P&G archives. I even tried emailing some of the original Pampers patent holders, who still work there, and while the emails did not bounce. there was no answer.
WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to Diapers and Incontinence