Pre-paid credit card

For discussions relating to Diapers, Incontinence, Adult Babies, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Pre-paid credit card

Postby wetdl » November 3rd, 2008, 10:07 am

Would love to hear from anyone using a Pre-paid credit card, or visa gift card
do they require "signup" or confirmed identiy?
It would kinda negate the whole idea to get a statement in the mail or have it show on my credit reports.
TIA
wetdl

Postby ShadowSabre » November 4th, 2008, 3:12 am

I used to work at a store that sold them.

We, at least, did not keep records of who bought the cards. (The manager had to be called for extremely large gift or prepaid card purchases to prevent money laundering and I think they may have taken ID if that ever happened, but I think you could buy every file on this site and not get near that limit..) Some cards, however, only included a form that you sent off for the actual, custom-imprinted card (that can later be refilled.) You can tell which ones those are by feeling the package and seeing which ones contain plastic. The only catch is that you have to either use cash or a PIN-based debit card to buy them, at least at my store -- checks and credit cards make it too easy to steal the cards. By using cash, your card would be very, very hard to trace back to you.

When used, the cards would say something like "A GIFT FOR YOU" instead of a name.

The other catch is that the cards typically have a slight fee, usually around $5. It's a flat rate, so it's best to buy a card large enough to cover all your planned purchases to reduce those fees.

I hope this helped!
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Diapers and Incontinence