The big step

For discussions of Feminization, Cross Dressing, Male-Female transformation, etc.

Moderator: EMG

The big step

Postby stereoxchild » May 5th, 2008, 4:13 am

After almost 2 years of many feminization files I finally decided to take the first big step, I wanted to buy me a pair of pantyhose. I never thought I would ever do this, but now I really want it. Guess it's the files..
Anyways, today I wanted to buy me the pantyhose. I decided to go to some supermarkets where they offer small collections. I went inside the supermarkets but I came out with only a bottle of water because I couldn't take the big step to buy them. I was too afraid of what people might think if they saw me standing there, checking out all the different kinds of pantyhose. Not to think about what the lady at the counter would think. After that I went to some big clothing stores, but I had the same problem. Too many people, the step was just too big.
Now I'm here and I want to have some pantyhose more than ever, but I'm frustrated because I didn't have the guts to buy them.
How can I get them in a subtler way (not via the internet). Or how do i conquer this fear? How do u all get ur clothing?
Thanks!
stereoxchild
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » May 5th, 2008, 5:33 am

I'm not a crossdresser myself, but a man buying a pantyhose for his wife isn't something that should raise a lot of eyebrows - in my opinion.

Just remember that nobody knows that they are for you. Of course - you need to be pretty casual about it and not demand help from shop staff. Just select a pair that you think will fit. Don't fuss too much, get paid and get home - and try them on. If they are too small, you know to look for a bigger size next time. :-)
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby loony28 » May 5th, 2008, 3:25 pm

cardigan's advice is good. Maybe take a look at the size chart on the back of the package and you should be able to get a pair that fit.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby stereoxchild » May 5th, 2008, 5:00 pm

haha, how would I know the length of my legs?
stereoxchild
Regular
Regular

Postby Teltroxine » May 5th, 2008, 5:03 pm

deffinately just go for it and most importantly dont try to excuse yourself at the counter, no one is going to ask who their for people are just too short minded
Teltroxine
Regular
Regular

Postby donna_cd » May 5th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Well for one thing,you certainly haven't listened to enough of the files,or you wouldn't be worried about buying tights(pantyhose) !!!.Another thing,for goodness sake,don't you 'guys' in the states buy lingerie etc for wives/girlfriends ?? Over here I dont think any sales assistant would blink if I went in to a large or small store & asked for help to buy a 'present' !! Buy a pair for goodness sakes,if they don't fit it aint the end of the world & unless your economy is really in a bad way it aint gonna break the bank.
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Postby Darkmind » May 5th, 2008, 7:54 pm

stereoxchild wrote:haha, how would I know the length of my legs?

Your pants size. The length is the length of your legs.
Darkmind
Regular
Regular

Postby jooli » May 6th, 2008, 10:21 am

Yep, it's a lot less hassle than people think. After the first time you do it, you'll wonder that you were worried about. If you're really worried, go to a supermarket somewhere you wouldn't normally go. Somewhere you're not likely to meet someone who knows you. Look online and get a rough idea of your size. A rough idea will have to do, because different brands size differently anyway. Have an idea what you want too... plain, fishnet, opaque, sheer - whatever works for you. Then just go in the store and do a bit of shopping. Go up to the hosiery section and take couple of pairs in the size and style you like. If it makes you feel better, hide them under your groceries.

Tell yourself this: NO ONE HERE KNOWS ME. I'LL PROBABLY NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN IN MY LIFE. IF I DO, THEY'LL PROBABLY NOT REMEMBER ME ANYWAY. AND IF THEY DO, WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER WHAT THEY THINK?

I'm incredibly shy and I've bought a stack of clothes like this. These days I hardly worry about it unless I think friends might be around. That'll soon change when I come out to people I know. Yes, it's really difficult to start with, but it'll get easier. Then, if you want a real challenge, go for a ladies' wig fitting in a busy main street :)
jooli
Regular
Regular

Postby Hypno-Siss » May 6th, 2008, 10:44 am

Stay calm. If you look nervous about it, people will pay more attention. However if you look and act like you're meant to be there then people generally wont give you a second glance.
Hypno-Siss

Postby poetzero » May 7th, 2008, 6:36 am

When I started out buying hose, I would also purchase some flu medicine. This way it looked like I was running an errand for my SO and nobody is the wiser. Have fun.

pz
poetzero
Regular
Regular

Postby Billtaylor » May 7th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Just be really confident and you'll have nothing to worry about. Usually, people will not assume anything if you don't appear suspicious. In fact, I've been buying all kinds of girls cloths since I was in my teens and now it's not much of a big deal. I've never had anyone acuse me of anything, except for one cashier who said with a smile "it's nice your buying your girlfriend so much fingernail polish." In all honesty, whats the worst that could happen? Just relax and you'll be out of there in no time... really, life is short. Who knows, you may begin to find it somewhat exciting after a while.
Billtaylor

Postby stereoxchild » May 8th, 2008, 8:43 am

Okay, today i gave it another shot. Went to 2 stores and in the last one i said to myself "argh, what the heck" and went for it. I bought 2 pairs and the woman at the counter didn't really said anything, except asking if she had to put them in a bag. :) I was so happy and relieved when I got out of the store.
At home I tried them on, I bought 2 different sizes and colours. They feel great.
Thanks for the encouragement here everyone! Those tips helped alot!
stereoxchild
Regular
Regular

Postby dsfargeg » May 8th, 2008, 5:03 pm

good god man
Last edited by dsfargeg on January 26th, 2011, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsfargeg

Postby AuntKay » May 15th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Some stores have the self check out. Get a few things and go to that aisle.
AuntKay

Return to Feminizations Forum