Bi-Gendered?

For discussions of Feminization, Cross Dressing, Male-Female transformation, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Postby outkast1728 » January 24th, 2012, 10:52 pm

yes its called genetic mosaicism, its where a person is born with both sex parts.
outkast1728
Guru
Guru

Postby qv » January 25th, 2012, 12:25 am

Yes, and then there's pseudo-hermaphroditic tetragametic chimerism. Basically it's like "Oh, you have a twin? WELL I AM MY OWN TWIN, CHECK IT"

Cool stuff. Screws up DNA tests something fierce, since your body contains DNA from two different fertilized eggs... but it's REALLY crazy when the eggs have different genders, because they portion out body parts... so you might have a penis as well as functioning breasts, or female legs and male arms... etc. Again. Weird-ass stuff right there.
qv
Mentor
Mentor

Postby lisacd20 » January 25th, 2012, 3:24 am

something tells me that might be a little rare lol
lisacd20
Mentor
Mentor

Postby kimbi » January 25th, 2012, 11:00 am

I'm Androgynous... always considered that bigendered.
kimbi

Postby ojmo » January 25th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Well, according to Wikipedia the answer is yes:

Bigender, bi-gender or bi+gender describes a tendency to move between feminine and masculine gender-typed behaviour depending on context. Some bigendered individuals express a distinctly "en femme" persona and a distinctly "en homme" persona, feminine and masculine respectively; others have shades of grey between the two. It is recognized by the American Psychological Association (APA) as a subset of the transgender group. A 1999 survey conducted by the San Francisco Department of Public Health observed that, among the transgendered community, less than 3% of those who were genetic males and less than 8% of those who were genetic females identified as bigender.

While an androgynous person retains the same gender-typed behaviour across situations, the bigendered person consciously or unconsciously changes their gender-role behaviour from primarily masculine to primarily feminine, or vice versa.
ojmo

Postby kimbi » January 25th, 2012, 2:35 pm

I did try the bigender lifestyle, male at work, female at home... it made me very unhappy, either gender did not feel mine.... I share both. Once I adapted myself to this truth, I felt elated, I still have the freedom to be male or female to others if necessary, but I feel truly androgynous to my self now.
kimbi

Postby loadedkaos » January 26th, 2012, 8:53 pm

For the longest time I thought I was a transgender but it didn't feel right because only sometimes I would want to be female and others I was completely happy being male. It really messed with my head then I found out that there is such a thing as bi-gender dis-morphia. Or just being bi-gendered the Natives had a name for it they called it two spirits, because they believed that a bi-gender person housed two spirits a male and a female one.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ojmo » January 27th, 2012, 11:39 am

I always thought of myself as androgynous, but really I would move back and forth along a feminine-masculine axis, sort of stopping and hanging out for weeks or months towards one end of the spectrum or the other, which seems to put me more in the bigender category.
ojmo

Deeper questions

Postby Plaat » January 28th, 2012, 11:44 pm

I'm not sure what we're talking about. gender"roles", and norms are social, but there's also body identity or sexual orientation. All are shades of gray as well as having 'poles.' I'm no authority, but we all here may fall in different places. For example, I see and feel myself as all male, but see my fantasies as being out of the social norms for male. I'm still figuring it out, but I'm swearing off the hard core sissy files. Permanent Princess scared the shit out of me, despite my cd, cocksucker, forced fem fantasies. Am I messed up, or am I just realizing my place on the spectrum of sexuality, not wanting to actually lose sexual attraction to the fairer sex. How should I view these thoughts and feelings?
Plaat
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Deeper questions

Postby loadedkaos » January 29th, 2012, 4:22 am

Plaat wrote:I'm not sure what we're talking about. gender"roles", and norms are social, but there's also body identity or sexual orientation. All are shades of gray as well as having 'poles.' I'm no authority, but we all here may fall in different places. For example, I see and feel myself as all male, but see my fantasies as being out of the social norms for male. I'm still figuring it out, but I'm swearing off the hard core sissy files. Permanent Princess scared the shit out of me, despite my cd, cocksucker, forced fem fantasies. Am I messed up, or am I just realizing my place on the spectrum of sexuality, not wanting to actually lose sexual attraction to the fairer sex. How should I view these thoughts and feelings?

We are not talking necessarily about gender roles even though those may play into it, what we are talking about is gender dysmorphia which is the feeling of being born as the wrong sex. In a nut shell being a bi-gender means that you feel like you should have been born as the other sex only some of the time rather then a transgender who feels that way all of the time. Sometimes this feeling shows itself for me people rarely know because I tend to play my cards close to the chest. As for what you seem to be interested in may be a long the lines of being a sissy or at least have someone feminize you, I imagine being fem might mean something to you but it doesn't necessarily mean you have gender dysmorphia issues, although I could be wrong.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nishacutie » January 30th, 2012, 4:16 am

I consider myself bi gendered. Not physically, but mentally.
nishacutie

bigendered.... im bi-gender brain

Postby kritikito » March 19th, 2012, 4:55 am

after make several brain operation tests

i actually know, i have a brain that still think like a girl, and like a man...

hard and nice...

i dont know what is this afecting my life, but i guess im more "bi genered" than other "sexual bi genered"

:wink:
kritikito

Postby Guuliar » March 19th, 2012, 9:09 am

It's entirely to be bi-gendered. In fact everyone has a bit of both sides in them no matter what. The things that define masculinity and femininity are created through our social norms. So it's possible for one to be born in what we see as either the middle or capable of switching between the two. That's kind of where I'm at.

It's also possible to be gender queer and not following any norms.
Guuliar
Regular
Regular

Postby FentFan » March 19th, 2012, 11:11 pm

In all the years I've been chatting with and learning about trans individuals online, in order to learn more about myself, I've found that it's pretty clear to see that gender isn't something that's black and white, or even a spectrum of varying shades with male and female on either end, it's far more complicated than that.

By grouping together individuals I've met with various identifications based on how they described themselves, I've more or less gotten it split into a bit of a gender-circle (think the unit circle, from trig, but less well defined)

Obviously, there are the four most well known genders, cismasculine, cisfeminine, transmasculine, and transfeminine, where the only real distinction is the birth sex. I separate trans from cis because there are many transpeople who identify themselves as, for example "a woman born male" or "an XY-woman" rather than simply stating "I am a woman, the same as any cisgendered woman", and the two groups seem to be distinct from one another.

Besides those four, there are two other fairly stark standouts, those who identify as a "Third-Gender" and those who identify as "Agender" (A as a prefix, meaning without, similar to asexual). Third-gender individuals and Agender individuals are distinct, in that both believe they are not the other, and at the same time, have neither masculine nor feminine genders.

With these four, the four "corners" of the circle are made, with masculine and feminine opposite one another, and third gender and agender opposite one another. The way I normally visualize it is with Agender as 0 degrees, feminine as 90, third gender as 180, and masculine as 270.

Beyond there are the gender-fluid identities; bi-gender, tri-gender, and pan-gender. Bi-gender is typically masculine-feminine, but I have met individuals who split differently, as masculine-3rd, feminine-3rd, and a couple who identified as half-gender, mixing in Agender into the mix, in a very confusing way that I still don't totally understand. All of the tri-gender individuals I've met are masculine-feminine-third, though I won't rule out the possibility of someone mixing in Agender. Finally, pan-gender individuals more or less identify as all four, and tend to have the most variation in how they identify at any given moment in time. (note: the orders of identification I've given for bi/tri genders are arbitrary)

There's more, still, but I don't have a good enough understanding of multiplicity and the other genders I've encountered to really want to speak on them. And I'm sure there are more that I've still not seen.

tl;dr: yes, bi-gender individuals are actually more common than those silly surveys would suggest (especially given how inaccurate they are when ever they're about the population of transpeople), if you know where to look.
FentFan

Postby Jadit » March 23rd, 2012, 8:25 am

Didn't see it mentioned, but the term is Hermaphrodite
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/hermaphroditism
Jadit
Regular
Regular

Return to Feminizations Forum