What happens if...

For discussions of Feminization, Cross Dressing, Male-Female transformation, etc.

Moderator: EMG

What happens if...

Postby Mijal11 » October 11th, 2005, 8:57 am

Does anyone know what happen if a man start taking anti-pregnancy pills or the A-P patch or something like that, what are the effects on the body??

thanx

Mijal
Mijal11
Regular
Regular

Postby InsaneCPRClown » October 11th, 2005, 5:03 pm

it wont have any effects =( lol wish it did tho
InsaneCPRClown
Regular
Regular

Postby gurlbidesign » October 11th, 2005, 7:15 pm

Not a good idea, the amount of estrogen in those things is way too little to do any good for feminization. If you are going to spend the cash on that you could probably find some real estrogen for just a little more. The catch is you really need to discuss what you want to do with your doctor so the proper blood work and monitoring can be done. You can do serious harm to yourself by self medicating. Good luck.
gurlbidesign
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dawnfyre » October 12th, 2005, 12:44 am

actually, from what the local gender clinic here says, using lower dosage estrogens, with higher dosage anti-androgens works better, with fewer health risks.

taking the hormones puts you at high risk for developing cancer.
male 1/1000 risk factor
female 1/100
mtf 1/10
if you smoke and take hormones, it's almost a guarantee of getting cancer.

so definately talk to your doctor before taking any hormones.
dawnfyre

Postby gurlbidesign » October 12th, 2005, 5:19 am

dawnfyre wrote:actually, from what the local gender clinic here says, using lower dosage estrogens, with higher dosage anti-androgens works better, with fewer health risks.

taking the hormones puts you at high risk for developing cancer.
male 1/1000 risk factor
female 1/100
mtf 1/10
if you smoke and take hormones, it's almost a guarantee of getting cancer.

so definately talk to your doctor before taking any hormones.

Yes, but the lower doses they are talking about are still much higher then those in the birth control stuff. And I am not going to disagree about the cancer risk of ciggs and hormones but I do know that the combination does put you at a much greater risk of heart attack. I have lost a friend that way myself. The hormones, especially when taken orally are very hard on the liver too so booze is another no-no for the most part.
gurlbidesign
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Feminizations Forum