What is the best makeup to cover up beard shadow?

For discussions of Feminization, Cross Dressing, Male-Female transformation, etc.

Moderator: EMG

What is the best makeup to cover up beard shadow?

Postby jcdps » December 4th, 2013, 11:19 pm

I can nail the whole cross dressing thing except my face :([/img]
jcdps
Regular
Regular

Postby CycoMelody » December 4th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Cover up dear. Put find some that matches your skin tone and you are set. I love that stuff!
You define your reality!
CycoMelody
Guru
Guru

Postby Sober » December 5th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Also, because your facial hair comes through and creates a greeny/blue hue on your skin, if you take a bit of red (lipstick, eyeshadow, whatever you have) and rub it in, the reddish tones are good at off-setting the greeny/blue. Just don't use too much or you'll look like you've got a naughty disease :wink:
Sober
Regular
Regular

Postby JenniJenni » December 9th, 2013, 2:53 am

Here is how I do it: First start with a VERY close shave (use a blade instead of an electric, at least for the final pass). Then use Ben-Nye Beard concealer (I don’t have it in front of me – I think it’s FS1 or FS3) over any place your beard grows. This stuff has an orangy color that will help neutralize the blue-black beard shadow that just always seems to show through. Next, powder over that and then apply your regular foundation and go from there. For me, this technique even works when using a powder foundation such as Bare Minerals. I personally don’t have a really heavy beard – though what I do have is dark, and this method lets me go out without feeling like I’m wearing a latex mask. YMMV, but by using the neutralizing concealer first, an overly heavy foundation isn’t necessarily required.
JenniJenni

Postby Kimber1 » December 19th, 2013, 7:03 am

JenniJenni's system is very good.

In a pinch, lipstick with an orange tint can be used to cover 9 oclock shadow. Just dab & smear, cover with foundation. Only for emergencies. Better to use JenniJenni's method.
Kimber1

Postby gdrileyx » January 20th, 2014, 7:46 pm

I have pale skin and dark hair, and work full-time as a woman. All I use is a vibrating razor and Sheer Cover. I get compliments on my complexion, and nobody suspects there is beard-shadow under there.
gdrileyx
Regular
Regular

Return to Feminizations Forum