Phytoestrogens....anyone tried these?

For discussions of Feminization, Cross Dressing, Male-Female transformation, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Phytoestrogens....anyone tried these?

Postby closetboy74 » July 27th, 2006, 7:23 pm

I was wondering if these worked at all. and if anyone here had tried them and had any success with them?
closetboy74

Postby deep4menow » July 31st, 2006, 11:50 am

I had a related question wether or not the supplement Estroven would be effectiveor not. Ive heard it both way too Birchwood some say it is effective because of the extra estrogen in your system others say it's to low of a content to effect a male. Id appreciate any more insight as well

Deep
deep4menow

Nope

Postby King » July 31st, 2006, 4:08 pm

You will be wasting your money with such and endeavor. Also, plant based estrogens doses cannot be accurately controled for the amount of micrograms of estrogen. You would need to take an anti testosterone in order to see worth while effects of phytoestrogens. If you want to change, go see an endocrinologist. Don't jerk your body around with hormones if you do not plan on staying on them.
King

Postby Catherine » August 1st, 2006, 8:06 am

Most of the phytoestrogens you can buy in the store are around 1/1000th of the strength of prescription estrogens from the research I've seen. This means that they aren't really worth the effort and definitely not the cost for most people with male hormonal systems/balances. The one drug that I did see some changes with (and they were mainly softer hair on my body, hair growing on my head and nipples that were more sensitive) is Propecia and for those who need it for prostrate problems, Proscar might do more even. But not even all men who take them will see the same thing, people respond differently. Moreover, if you take prescription estrogens and are looking for feminization, you do NOT want to take these phytoestrogens. They will fight for the same receptors as the full strength estrogens and will prevent as much of the good stuff from getting to your body as should be. Women who take these and don't have enough estrogen in their system to fill the receptors can benefit because something is attaching there filling the need of the receptor.

I've been on prescription hormones for about 2 years now and it takes some time for some of the changes, but they have been awesome for me. Of course I live as a woman and have for nearly a year now. I've seen less body mass (my neck is smaller, even my fingers have apparently lost a little bit of mass), muscles aren't defined as well and are softer, skin is much softer and smoother, breast growth, hip growth (this I was a bit surprised about as it's not just fleshy!), softer looking face, smoother and nicer hair, etc. I got my hormones the right way...I had someone who wasn't getting hers through a doctor ask me where I got mine...and I told her Wal-Mart and she was like, "no really!!!!" and I told her it was all on the level. If you do this...do it like I did...on the level. Don't go messing around with your body without making sure you have someone watching your back just in case something happens. If you really feel you need them, get a therapist who works with other transsexuals and do it the right way. According to the Standards they go by, it takes 3 months of therapy (I did once every other week for about 4 months) you can ask at 3 months to start hormones and show that you understand what they will do to you. If the therapist feels you're in a good spot with your self, they can write you a letter to take to your doctor to get them...in my case an endocrinologist who works with TG people and get them prescribed.

Summing up...anything less than the "real thing" is basically a waste of time and money, there won't be any major changes and maybe no changes at all and the real thing needs to be looked after and checked up on to make sure you are dealing with the medicine well and at the right dosages for your body.

Catherine
Catherine
Regular
Regular

Return to Feminizations Forum