Help With Hair

For discussions of Feminization, Cross Dressing, Male-Female transformation, etc.

Moderator: EMG

Help With Hair

Postby Cyrano » March 30th, 2011, 4:10 pm

I'm an unnaturally hairy person. My body is covered in it and I hate it. I hate having to shave everyday or two. Does anyone know any other way to get rid of body hair with out shaving or waxing, or even a way to halt body hair growth completely? Please and thanks. :3
Cyrano

Postby oraprog » March 30th, 2011, 6:54 pm

I've heard some things about the TRIA home laser hair removal system if you have dark hair/pale skin. It's expensive ($500), a little painful and takes a while to cover areas, but if you want to never shave again, it might be worth looking into.

Anyone have direct experience?
oraprog
Regular
Regular

Postby Cyrano » March 30th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Yeah I was looking at that but it's a little out of my price range. Plus it takes several months to work. :/
Cyrano

Postby oraprog » March 31st, 2011, 7:13 pm

So whats several months vs a life time of shaving. If you're going to jump in, jump in.
oraprog
Regular
Regular

Postby Cyrano » March 31st, 2011, 8:13 pm

Lol. Good point. (:
Cyrano

Re: Help With Hair

Postby Liann » April 7th, 2011, 1:59 am

Cyrano wrote:I'm an unnaturally hairy person. My body is covered in it and I hate it. I hate having to shave everyday or two. Does anyone know any other way to get rid of body hair with out shaving or waxing, or even a way to halt body hair growth completely? Please and thanks. :3

Unwanted hair growth is the most difficult subject. It can actually cost more for permanent hair removal treatments than for genital reconstruction surgery.

You can attempt androgen blockers, which are prescription medications which block male hormones from functioning. They can have some unintended effects, such as impotence, and are sometimes used in criminology as "chemical castration" for sex offenders. They don't seem to stop "female orgasms", according to reports from sexually active transsexuals who use them. Persons going "all the way" don't need them, or don't need so much of them, as they are surgically changed to stop generating male androgen steroid hormones.

Anything which pulls hair out can lead to some permanent reductions in growth. Waxing, sugaring, epilators. Don't count on that, because it only works for some people, some of the time. It does lead to silky smooth skin without stubble, so there is that going for it.

Drugs used in chemotherapy cause general hair loss over the entire body, including eyebrows and scalp. This fact has led to prescription use of some chemotherapy drug for facial hair (beard) suppression. This only works effectively for about 45% of users, and at lowest prices costs a dollar a day for life. If it works for you, that price may be worth it for a stubble-free face. It is too expensive for whole body use, even if it did work for you.

Laser hair removal works fr a subset of the population with light skin and dark hair. It does not work on dark skinned or light haired people. It is fastest to do large body areas with minimal interference in your life. Several repeat applications may lead to permanent removal or substantial reduction of grow-back, but that can't be guaranteed for everybody, only a lucky group of users.

Waxing does the whole body in one go. The first time is the worst, and it gets progressively more tolerable. Epilation is similar, a handheld device tugs and pulls out the hairs in an area similar to an electric shaver. Like other yanking methods, this can cause reduced growback by damaging the roots slightly, but can't be guaranteed. Hairs grow back, but without the sharp blunt stubbles of shaving, as fine hairs which grow progressively thicker the longer you leave them. New growth is usually baby fine thin hairs so you can experience a week to three weeks of smoothness between applications. You can do this watching TV, running the epilator over your body, arms or legs. Some people complain that they never get accustomed to genital or armpit epilation as it is too painful for them. Some shaving therefore would still be expected.

Neet and other depilatory cremes never get into the pores, so growback is similar to shaving, they are expensive, stinky and more time consuming than shaving, and need frequent reapplications.

Female hormones can have some effects, but not much to the beard area, even when they do work on the rest of the body.

Hypnosis can have some effects for a subset of the population, but never is a complete solution in itself. It can retard the speed of growback, and reduce the overall thickness of hair coverage. It may make you believe that you are less hairy than you actually are, which is not a real solution.

I had limited success with a home electrolysis unit I bought from an ad in back of a woman's magazine. Hairs on my legs have not grown back on treated areas for over 20 years. I had less success on eyebrows, and even less effects on beard areas treated -- hairs came back as dark and thick as always. Some individual hairs were permanently zapped but many just came back.

I don't find any credible reviews for the NO!-NO! hair burning gizmo, and few credible reviews for the other home treatment devices using bright lights.

My solution is plucking the facial hairs and shaving in the shower daily. When the body is soaped up and steamy the razor glides over everywhere and quickly whisks away all hairs.

Just like Arnold Swartzenegger, I only have hairs on my eyelids, brows and scalp. Body builders are sold all kinds of hair removal products, including enzymes which purportedly stop hair growth without prescription medications. I find few credible reviews to support such product claims. REAL MEN get Brazilian waxed and cry like little girls.

I hope this helps.
Liann
Mentor
Mentor

Postby oddboyx » April 12th, 2011, 10:55 am

Wasn't there some sort of "as seen on tv" shaving product that looked like it was just a pad you ran over areas and it got rid of the hair? Saw it in a corner pharmacy one day, but the only one they had it stock... box was a little mangled.
oddboyx
Regular
Regular

Postby adverse6 » April 13th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Thank you for a very informative post, Liann.
adverse6

Postby homerj1620 » April 14th, 2011, 7:43 pm

oddboyx wrote:Wasn't there some sort of "as seen on tv" shaving product that looked like it was just a pad you ran over areas and it got rid of the hair? Saw it in a corner pharmacy one day, but the only one they had it stock... box was a little mangled.

You're probably thinking of Smooth Away. The reviews are not very positive.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby pypr420 » April 15th, 2011, 1:32 pm

It sucks, don't waste your time or your money. Does not work. I use nair everywhere, not permanent but works good and beats shaving.

Edit: In reply to the original post nair is good for 7 to 10 days for me, I usually do a different region (top half or bottom half) once a week and I do my chest and stomach area every week. I haven't had any problem using it anywhere (nipples, butt) and I've been using it for years, however I wouldn't recommend getting it too far down the shaft of your male parts, ie: the tip.

Double Edit: If you're considering smooth away you can make your own "better" smooth away with a few sheets of ultra-fine grit sandpaper and a woodblock, this is really all smooth away is. The worst part is the included sand paper doesn't even stick to the "buffers". Glad it was on clearance.

Triple Edit: DON'T USE NAIR ON YOUR FACE. I cream and shave twice, once with the grain and then against the grain, works out pretty well.
pypr420
Regular
Regular

Postby Cyrano » April 15th, 2011, 9:51 pm

Thanks for all the helpful posts everyone. But unfortunately, today I had an accident cutting limbs off a downed tree, and... Well let's just say I can't shave "down there" for about another month... :(

I should say I'm fine... Just 13 stitches in a place no man should ever have to get them... :(
Cyrano

Postby radar » April 16th, 2011, 2:33 am

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Sounds nasty. I will have to rethink my aspirations of joining the naked lumber workers of Australia. Don't worry though - I'm sure you will be back to deforesting down there in no time. Heal quickly xx.
radar
Regular
Regular

Postby Liann » April 17th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Cyrano wrote:Thanks for all the helpful posts everyone. But unfortunately, today I had an accident cutting limbs off a downed tree, and... Well let's just say I can't shave "down there" for about another month... :(

I should say I'm fine... Just 13 stitches in a place no man should ever have to get them... :(

Are you SURE that it wasn't a subconscious act to "cut off a limb, down there"?
Liann
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Cyrano » April 24th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Trust me it was in no way a subconscious anything. And it didn't even hit that. A limb hooked my testicles, and ruptured my scrotum. Pretty brutal. Fourtunatly they took the stitches out today. Very sore, and I still can't shave (disappointment)...
Cyrano

Return to Feminizations Forum