Announcements regarding the WMM site.

Moderator: EMG

Patreon Account(s)

Postby EMG » December 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm

I have created a series of Patreon accounts with a few purposes. They are:
    Force me to generate new content
    Let users that support me get files early and cheap
    Make me interact more with the users

Here's how it's going to work at first. Every patreon account has a bunch of my free content connected to it. I am going to start recording new files every month based on my patreon support, the account with the most patrons will get a file, then the next, etc. until an account hits it's first goal, then it gets one or more new file(s) every month.

After 1 month files from the patreon account will either become Free files here and on emghypnosis, or they will become pay files in which case they will be removed from my patreon account and posted here as a pay file. So, if you want pay files cheap, become my patron.

That's it.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Patreon Account(s)

Postby Casey » February 20th, 2018, 11:29 am

When you do multiple Patreons do you have to use a different paypal email with each? I was thinking of making another one as well for my dark files.... and stories..
Casey
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » February 20th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Every Patreon account needs a unique email address associated with it. I'm having them pay me via direct deposit and they do not have a problem with duplicate accounts.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackstock » February 24th, 2018, 12:55 pm

I think it may be easier with one account. Keep it simple
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » February 24th, 2018, 5:17 pm

it generally is, but the content I make targets different groups and I decided it was worth the extra effort. Not a solution for everyone.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » April 19th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Due to the content of files on WMM, my patreon accounts have been shut down and I am withdrawing from that platform at the end of the month.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Casey » September 8th, 2018, 9:53 pm

To bad we can not clone WMM to do the same thing Patreon does for artists and photographers.. I am not impressed with Patreon either... I want to individually price my items not make all these tiers.. WMM so far out of all i tried is the only thing really bringing in any earnings for me.
Casey
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » September 8th, 2018, 10:46 pm

At some point I hope to build a way for authors to sell their files on their own websites where WMM hosts the content and all you have to do is call a function and it provides a file listing and a way for authors to sell files without sending users to WMM. WMM is great in a youtube kinda way where there's tons of content you have to sift through but I know that some of use would prefer just to throw together our own site so people aren't seeing the whole world, and not everyone wants to build a site from scratch.

May not happen soon(or in my lifetime) but it's always been something I wanted to do.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackDrago » September 11th, 2018, 1:46 pm

EMG wrote: At some point I hope to build a way for authors to sell their files on their own websites where WMM hosts the content and all you have to do is call a function and it provides a file listing and a way for authors to sell files without sending users to WMM. WMM is great in a youtube kinda way where there's tons of content you have to sift through but I know that some of use would prefer just to throw together our own site so people aren't seeing the whole world, and not everyone wants to build a site from scratch.

This is already 100% supported, just use the permalink for the file as a regular html link. Do this on my blog/tumblr all the time. What I would really like to see is the search page remembering the search immediately before the user logged in, as people coming from outside links via a linked search lose that search when they log in. That would allow a reliable link to one's own files via the search mechanism.

Alternatively, you could go back to having a file list on the hypnotist's WMM profile page; that was how it worked before this version of WMM and provided a reliable link target that would get an outside user to your files without risk of promoting someone else's stuff the moment they logged in.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » September 11th, 2018, 7:16 pm

I'm thinking something more robust, possibly a wordpress addition that lets you list your files the way you want on your own site and then use WMM for sale management and file listing. Still, I DO plan to rebuild the profile system to something much more useful.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JackDrago » September 12th, 2018, 3:27 pm

That'd be even better, EMG, but I was trying to suggest the minimum work.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby Jackstock » September 12th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Integrating to Wordpress or otherwise sounds fascinating but I would want it to be as simple and easy as possible. I generally just link to my WMM file page.
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » September 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm

That would be my intent, but that's a fairly low priority. Still, we now have ways for users to get notified when you post new content and will have website notifications running within a couple weeks so you get a pop up windows notification of new files/content. I'm going to have to work a little to get users to start using it but I think it'll help people follow their favorite authors etc much more easily.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jackstock » September 13th, 2018, 6:05 pm

As long as it doesn't involve getting a notification for EVERY file, just the ones from your favorites
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » September 13th, 2018, 7:06 pm

It can be your favorite authors, your favorite category, your favorite author and category, every file or no notifications at all. Built this so you get what you want, not just every single thing. You can find it under Your Account -> Notifications. It's live for everyone, but I'd consider it a beta so if you set it up let me know if anything doesn't work.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements