File List Redesign

Announcements regarding the WMM site.

Moderator: EMG

File List Redesign

Postby EMG » May 29th, 2013, 1:19 pm

EMG is currently working on a redesign of how the files are listed. I would LOVE to see some other people's ideas as I have no skill at this. I've included an image below of what it is now and what I've imagined and I would love to see ideas from the users.

I'd love it so much that whatever design I choose will get the person who dreams it up their choice of pay file and a 1 year membership.

EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: File List Redesign

Postby kami1212 » September 1st, 2023, 9:56 am

The file search is really confusing.... Needs to oberhaul
kami1212

Postby Maleko7 » September 4th, 2023, 2:36 am

A suggestion.

When I look for files, I like to use the default of the latest files so I sort from Current date to earlier.

I first look at Paid files, then free files. The FREE selection is now a hidden option where it used to be on the main menu.

Perhaps asking how people search and use the files area whould bring forth some ideas.
Maleko7
Regular
Regular

Postby cloudstalker » September 4th, 2023, 8:23 am

Several suggestions:
  • More tags, including allowing multiple tags per file. Searching based on tags would become much easier. Perhaps if you could get some assistants (work slaves?) to go through "orphaned" files and add the tags?
  • Now that I mention it, an induction file that those who want to be work slaves must listen to in advance.
  • Sorting of results
  • A new file type: Detailed description. Among other things, the author can put in the main description "spoilers in the detailed description"
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » September 4th, 2023, 9:44 pm

Tags is a solid idea and might get implemented. Sadly my list of work slaves is rather small and the site has 10K files.

Not sure how the extended description would work or whether there would be enough demand for that kind of thing. I could certainly add a "spoiler" description that can only be opened when you click on it.

The real trick here is figuring out how to setup a basic search that does what people need and an advanced search that lets them skip the stuff they don't want and get right to the good stuff.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cloudstalker » September 6th, 2023, 8:06 am

Currently, we can include several files types in a single listing (mp3, script, video, biurnal come to mind). I'm just suggesting one more so a detailed description, be included. As well as spoilers, it could include prep instructions, warnings for those who have certain limits, and triggers used, among other features I hadn't though of. As optional as any of the other types.
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby cloudstalker » September 11th, 2023, 6:08 am

Can't see the pic of your proposal.
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » September 11th, 2023, 8:48 am

Which proposal? I'm a bit confused here.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements