Notifications

Announcements regarding the WMM site.

Moderator: EMG

Notifications

Postby EMG » September 10th, 2018, 10:04 pm

WMM now has a notification system that will let you opt in to get notifications from the site. You may have already gotten the "let us send you notifications" notice. If you said NO that's fine, if you said yes understand that you won't get anything until you go to Your Account -> Notifications

Currently you can opt in for site notifications, text notifications, and email notifications for all files, files in specific topics, or files from your favorite authors. Once you select this you will be notified only when a file meeting your specifications is uploaded.

I DO plan to add notifications for Stories, Journals, File Comments(for you authors) and Gallery Photos but that will happen as life allows.

Please test it out and let me know if it works right, if there's anything you'd like to change, etc.

Thanks,
EMG
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Notifications

Postby EMG » January 8th, 2019, 8:09 pm

For anyone that tried to sign up for notifications and failed, that's because I broke it. It's fixed now and should work a lot better.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Notifications

Postby EMG » January 14th, 2019, 12:32 pm

I expanded the notification system(a LOT). You can now sign up for notifications for:

System Announcements(mostly sales)
New Messages(technically this just updates the existing system)
New Stories
File Comments(yes, that means an author can actually find out when someone comments on one of their files, we don't have a way to let the author of a comment know they have a response(yet))
New Files

The system lets you decide what sort of files you get announcements about including favorite authors, favorite categories, or everything.

You can also choose how you want to be notified, Email, system notification, or text message(or any combo thereof). To be slightly less annoying, WMM does not hound you about system notifications until you've already opted in. All of these notifications are opt-in only and can be turned off at any time.

The system is new, so let me know if you have a problem or have an idea to make it even better. Also, I currently do not send text/system notifications when a new PM arrives, is this something people want me to extend the system to do?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements