question

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

question

Postby 5HA99Y » October 19th, 2012, 5:17 pm

hi i was wondering if sleep medicine would help me get into a trance state while listening to a hypnosis mp3?
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby wqwqwqwq » October 19th, 2012, 7:17 pm

NO and that is very dangerous territory to get into. Never take a drug to try and help yourself trance, especially sleep aids. Overdosing on sleep aids can kill you.

It won't help because the trance state you are going for with most files is not groggy, and sleep aids will make you groggy. You want relaxation. To do that you need relax. Drugs are a very dangerous short cut that won't give you the effects of just trancing normally.

Even in many shamanistic cultures, drug use is not the favored method of entering trance. It can work with certain drugs, but it is dangerous and it's better just to practice and learn to do it yourself.

Again, do NOT take sleep aids in an attempt to help you trance. Those things are easy to get really hurt from really fast.
wqwqwqwq

Postby 5HA99Y » October 20th, 2012, 2:51 pm

yeah i know that i have trouble falling asleep at night i do meditate a lot but it doesn't help much i was asking this out of curiosity and and was wondering the effect of it with the ones you suppose to listen all night while you sleep . i have a bad habit of being curious about anything so i try to kill that curiosity with knowledge the good and the bad of things anyways thanks for answering if there any more info please put your info in here thanks
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby wqwqwqwq » October 20th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Ah. Well for ones you listen to while you sleep I'd think being in a deeper sleep (from sleep aids) would either have a negative effect or no effect at all on how well the audio works. I'm pretty sure that we can hear in R.E.M sleep, which is the deepest sleep of course, and the sleep aid will just make you sleep deeply.

So I'd think that unless you can't fall asleep at all with the audio on, the sleep aids won't make a huge difference on how well the file works for you. You can hear either way and it won't make you hear it any truer.
wqwqwqwq

Postby 5HA99Y » October 20th, 2012, 7:55 pm

ok thanks for the info and im sorry if my question was vague or unclear in what i was asking. what i think in my head sounds clear but when i type or say it, it ends up unclear or confusing .
5HA99Y
Mentor
Mentor

Postby QueenCleopatra » October 20th, 2012, 10:30 pm

That's a slippery slope you are considering, linking trance dependency to sleep medication, which is addictive even without that.
http://www.queencleopatra.co.uk
http://www.clipsforsale.com/store/30616
Live Erotic Hypnosis Sessions in London
QueenCleopatra
Regular
Regular

Postby Foxfuz » October 20th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Let me make a simple connection here. Have you ever tried to learn something new while you were tired? Such as the person who did not get enough sleep and is too tired to learn anything in college? Same goes with hypnosis. Hypnosis is a lot like learning and is required for you to be awake. At no time are you ever asleep during hypnosis. Also remember, all hypnosis is self hypnosis. So, if your asleep during hypnosis, there is no suggestions going into your subconcious because your auditory sence isn't functioning during rem sleep.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Postby wqwqwqwq » October 21st, 2012, 8:30 am

Foxfuz wrote:Let me make a simple connection here. Have you ever tried to learn something new while you were tired? Such as the person who did not get enough sleep and is too tired to learn anything in college? Same goes with hypnosis. Hypnosis is a lot like learning and is required for you to be awake. At no time are you ever asleep during hypnosis. Also remember, all hypnosis is self hypnosis. So, if your asleep during hypnosis, there is no suggestions going into your subconcious because your auditory sence isn't functioning during rem sleep.

Auditory sense functions during R.E.M sleep, or it would not be possible to effect someones dreams at night by talking to them, which it is.

It also only makes up four minutes of every hour of sleep. If you are sleeping during hypnosis, it's not all going to be R.E.M sleep.[/b]
wqwqwqwq

Postby Foxfuz » October 22nd, 2012, 10:33 pm

Oh, I didn't know that. I was thinking more of the lines that hypnosis won't effect you the same if you fall asleep in the middle of the file.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis