What is different

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

What is different

Postby Busenman » January 7th, 2013, 4:04 pm

there are many files around here that humiliates men, but less files for to humiliate women.

Maybe here are more men on this side than women. but there must be another reason for it. it's just something that I have noticed.

it's a question not specific to hypnosis, but something that interests me.
What's the truly reason for it.

any suggestions?
Busenman
Regular
Regular

Postby PowerHoden » January 7th, 2013, 4:13 pm

I think its because men tend to lean towards extremes a lot more than women do.

There are tons of examples for it in society.

Like most people in power are male, but most prisoners are male as well.
PowerHoden
Regular
Regular

Postby zapnosis » January 7th, 2013, 6:23 pm

QI. It has been noted by several people that there are far more files for men than for women on this site. I'm sure that each gender seeks its pleasures in slightly different ways, but I wouldn't necessarily say that men are more extreme... there are doms online (not on this site) who do quite totalitarian mind control stuff for women and seem to be doing pretty well from it.

Perhaps there is a cultural thing where modern men are more inclined to protect women than humiliate them, or perhaps more inclined to be dominant in private.

Maybe the kind of men who seek their pleasures online are more often thinking about their own fetishes than others? [no offence to anyone, I started out by creating files for myself without ever expecting to share them]

Certainly there is more demand for feminisation than masculisation. I am often struck by how obsessive some men become about feminisation.

Just thinking with my keyboard here. Murky waters to be sure. :D

But everything happens for a reason.

ZAP
"Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead,
no squealing... remember that it's all in your head"
zapnosis
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » January 8th, 2013, 11:34 pm

I've noticed that my "Female equivalent" files receive a lot less attention than their "male only" counterparts. Granted, my files don't receive a lot of attention to begin with, but I have a feeling that there are just a lot less females on this site.
Endo
Guru
Guru

ok

Postby Busenman » January 24th, 2013, 4:17 pm

... lets accept that here are more men than women, that's a fact.
Basically i think that women have there own needs and this is a open side for any fantasies, males and females.

it is basically bad, that the respond to the files is on a low level, maybe i expect too much.

Basically i find it is a good idea, to make the side more interesting even for women.
all can win.

Any ideas
Busenman
Regular
Regular

Postby WME3 » January 27th, 2013, 12:50 am

Business time, gentlemen!

We're here today to figure out why there's so few girls on this website, and how we may attract their attention so as to feel better about ourselves.

Well before we can reach out to another demographic, it should be noted why males are predominantly here in the first place;

This site is predominantly LGBT.
There are hundreds of files such as these that have been made for the sole purpose of homosexual relations, among other things, and while you would think there would be more Lesbian files because of this, why is that not the case?

Time for research;

Of the specific sub-files on the website, the only type of file that outnumbers the feminization files are the sexual and induction files. Not only that, but the most viewed sub-forum in WMM is in fact; the feminization section.
Simply put, there are a large amount of males on here that share the fetish, and to my understanding, girls aren't looking to get even more feminized.

I might suggest that for any change as such to occur, it falls upon the community to create files that target a more feminine user base.

Think about it; the most popular hypnotists on here are also pulling in subjects from other parts of the internet. In turn, their 'fanbase' is going to be primarily based around their files.

If you want more people, different people. Make Different files, and tell people to come and download them.

Make them as you want them to be, to whom you want them to be used, and promote it.

Any other ideas?
WME3
Regular
Regular

Postby Susie_0044 » May 17th, 2013, 8:33 am

I am a long time member of this site. The reason I come to WMM is its one of the few places that have a large variety of files geared towards women and files we can use in addition to the the guys files. My interests are not known by anyone I know so I can't speak for other women. I am hoping someday to meet a guy that'll share my love of hypnosis.  Before I found WMM everything is for  men and feminization on the majority of stuff on the Internet and it was quite frustrating.  I am thrilled when I see new files made for women here even though I know there are not many of us on here. I am a more open minded thinker than most women I know and I think that is where the problem lies in attracting female listeners. They have to work past the mystery of hypnosis and discover it can be a lot of fun. Another problem also might lie in the fact it is harder for women to find the time to listen to the files. We tend to be busy with jobs, family ect.... I've started really loving the subliminal files the last year as they tend to fit in better with my busy lifestyle and have worked for me better than than just the standard files.
Susie_0044

Postby Mutazoa » May 17th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Ok Susie,

As you are our first female representative...what kind of files do you think would appeal to women better than men? The first step in creating a file for a target audience is to find out what that audience likes ;)
Sex is like Tennis: It should leave you sore, sweaty and breathless, and is almost always better enjoyed with more than one person.

-Me
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Fixx » May 22nd, 2013, 8:29 pm

I find men generally tend to be kinkier than women tbh.
Fixx

Postby Mutazoa » May 22nd, 2013, 8:41 pm

Fixx wrote:I find men generally tend to be kinkier than women tbh.

You must not be meeting the same women I am lol
Sex is like Tennis: It should leave you sore, sweaty and breathless, and is almost always better enjoyed with more than one person.

-Me
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Knitted » May 23rd, 2013, 1:03 pm

Wow... I can tell you that women are just as kinky as guys. In fact women often share the same fetishes except gender specific stuff.

What if I told you that this site is less attractive to females because there are so little female files? Not only that, but I often feel males get special treatment. A file that could have been made gender neutral, is made only for guys mentioning gender. Often in cases where it isn't needed. Maybe this site just has mainly gay males and straight women. but still... Women get the short end of the stick. And even then. I notice that most female-specific files are "gentle" and "friendly", while guy files are "extreme" and "degrading". :-/ Maybe people should mis it up a little...

Or maybe females should actually let their voice be heard so that people realize that women have a wide variety of interests too.
I mean personally.. i think most female-files are boring. I mean sure it's good for one particular mood. but all the other moods aren't catered for at all. It's all just so.... gentle ... Im sure there must be women out there who want to be treated like more than a fragile flower.. .While others prefer it. Guys get a lot of varied stuff.. But face it... Most female stuff caters to one specific type of woman, and doesn't stray from that idea too much.
That means that this site both suffers from lack of female files(turning some females away).. And the stuff available for women is limited(keeping those out who would have wanted more different stuff).. So its x - y ... Thus the female population is small, and seems to be a less important demographic and in turn it perpetuates the spiral.

Those are just what I think though :) Could be wrong of course.. and It's not to say that females dont get any files at all(ive noticed lately that some people do try to focus on girls). But this is all in comparison to guys.
Knitted

Postby Tangy » May 23rd, 2013, 1:36 pm

Knitted wrote:Wow... I can tell you that women are just as kinky as guys. In fact women often share the same fetishes except gender specific stuff.

What if I told you that this site is less attractive to females because there are so little female files? Not only that, but I often feel males get special treatment. A file that could have been made gender neutral, is made only for guys mentioning gender. Often in cases where it isn't needed. Maybe this site just has mainly gay males and straight women. but still... Women get the short end of the stick. And even then. I notice that most female-specific files are "gentle" and "friendly", while guy files are "extreme" and "degrading". :-/ Maybe people should mis it up a little...

Or maybe females should actually let their voice be heard so that people realize that women have a wide variety of interests too.
I mean personally.. i think most female-files are boring. I mean sure it's good for one particular mood. but all the other moods aren't catered for at all. It's all just so.... gentle ... Im sure there must be women out there who want to be treated like more than a fragile flower.. .While others prefer it. Guys get a lot of varied stuff.. But face it... Most female stuff caters to one specific type of woman, and doesn't stray from that idea too much.
That means that this site both suffers from lack of female files(turning some females away).. And the stuff available for women is limited(keeping those out who would have wanted more different stuff).. So its x - y ... Thus the female population is small, and seems to be a less important demographic and in turn it perpetuates the spiral.

Those are just what I think though :) Could be wrong of course.. and It's not to say that females dont get any files at all(ive noticed lately that some people do try to focus on girls). But this is all in comparison to guys.

It is a men's Fantasy to be an slave to a women and humiliated, all men whether gay or straight we want someone in playing a women role to step on us it the Wild beast that we want. :o
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby Knitted » May 23rd, 2013, 2:09 pm

Tangy wrote:
Knitted wrote:Wow... I can tell you that women are just as kinky as guys. In fact women often share the same fetishes except gender specific stuff.

It is a men's Fantasy to be an slave to a women and humiliated, all men whether gay or straight we want someone in playing a women role to step on us it the Wild beast that we want. :o

Im pretty sure you're solely speaking of submissive males, and even so.. not all are alike. Im sure males are as different and unique between each other as females are.

Also... Im pretty sure a whole bunch of females feel the same way... I mean female submissives with a humiliation fetish aren't a myth -_-
Knitted

Postby WME3 » May 26th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Of course everyone is unique, WMM is no exception; that's why we have so many files.
If someone wants a file that is geared better towards them, then make a request for a custom file!

Hell, even writing files or stories will open up windows to new ideas that other members may implement in another file.

Is this really a serious issue?
WME3
Regular
Regular

Postby Mutazoa » May 26th, 2013, 7:19 pm

WME3 wrote:Of course everyone is unique, WMM is no exception; that's why we have so many files.
If someone wants a file that is geared better towards them, then make a request for a custom file!

Hell, even writing files or stories will open up windows to new ideas that other members may implement in another file.

Is this really a serious issue?

I've seen this issue raised on other sites many a time. The fact is that most files you find online are geared towards men.

The problem is that women don't sound off enough about their interests in this area. The squeeky wheel gets the grease...so if the majority of people on a site seem to be men talking about feminization, then those who make the files will see that as a high demand bracket and fill it.

We get the occational female on here posting "to be controled" but thats about it...rather generic, and they are few and far between. Until we (and other sites) get more outspoken (biological) women posting more detailed requests not much is going to change.

-Me
Mutazoa
Mentor
Mentor

Postby swmnkdinthervr » May 27th, 2013, 8:31 am

[quote="Mutazoa"]
WME3 wrote:

The problem is that women don't sound off enough about their interests in this area. The squeeky wheel gets the grease...so if the majority of people on a site seem to be men talking about feminization, then those who make the files will see that as a high demand bracket and fill it.

We get the occational female on here posting "to be controled" but thats about it...rather generic, and they are few and far between. Until we (and other sites) get more outspoken (biological) women posting more detailed requests not much is going to change.

This unfortunately seems to be the case, I belong to several hypnosis sites as well as several fetish sites with hypnosis forums. Women while often having a large representative population are for the most part silent about their wants and needs, we men seem to be less shy about voicing our likes/dislikes.
swmnkdinthervr
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis