Has anyone used my files yet?

A place to post about the success you've had with the various files

Moderator: EMG

Has anyone used my files yet?

Postby Endo » April 1st, 2013, 6:41 pm

I've made quite a few files now, and I haven't gotten any serious feedback on them, other than a few comments on the recording quality and a few feedback PMs from someone who commissioned a file.

So, what I want to know is: If you have listened to my files, how well have they worked for you? Please state the file's name (duh) how relatively suceptible you are (does it take you a lot of work to get a file to work, or do you quickly pick up a file's effects quickly), how often you listened to the file (once a day, etc.), how long you've listened to it (days, weeks, etc.), how strongly the trigger has worked, how immersive the hallucinations were (if applicable), any unadvertised effects, and anything else you may have noticed.

I want to have some feedback from my users about how well my files are working before I publish any more, as I don't want to create bad products.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby ParanoidLord » April 2nd, 2013, 2:45 pm

The harsh reality of WMM is that most users don't provide much feedback, except for the more popular files, and the dedicated users who journal in great detail (whom you really have to love). There are the occasional authors who put feedback suggestions in their files, but if my gut instincts are correct, most of this and similar sites' traffic is still of transient users who possibly download one popular file or two and aren't really interested in putting in the effort to unlock the effects.

As someone who's contributed a little more bit to this site than that (but never taken the step of using their own voice to record), I also haven't gotten much feedback, but I'm not really seriously into the creation side of hypnofiles... yet.
(Don't) avoid the noid.
ParanoidLord
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » April 2nd, 2013, 2:57 pm

Well, I wasn't expecting much, but I would like some form of feedback. I've tried posting a thread in meeting grounds asking for more experienced 'tists to review my work, but the one person that contacted me months ago hasn't said anything yet.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby WatDo » April 5th, 2013, 10:31 pm

A few things:
1) People usually comment on complete files, meaning it has an induction and awakener.

2) Human files get way more attention than text to speech. Only really saucy or unique ones get attention.

3) Female/feminizing files come by the dozen, so they are less likely to get noticed.

Your files are good, it's just they don't fully meet the criteria people look for when finding files. Lazy people who can't use audacity, I guess. Then again, going down/waking up is easy if the voice is the same throughout the whole file. I dunno.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » April 6th, 2013, 8:35 am

Thank you for the comments. I haven't had much time lately, but once I do, I'll record all of the files that are TTS'd that I've uploaded. I'll probably also add a few reinforcements to them. Heh, I'll probably have to get around to making an induction file then.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby rgn » April 6th, 2013, 2:13 pm

I have never understood why people will not leave feedback. Maybe they do not realize the benefits to everyone - hypnotists and subjects - that results from taking some time to comment on their thoughts and feelings from a file. I have seen several hypnotists I greatly enjoyed in the past simply stop posting new works because they did not get feedback of any kind. I know some of these hypnotists feel a bit of excitement when people indicate how they enjoyed their work, what they liked or even disliked. Its motivating. Much like the excitement I feel when I am brought into a long, deep, relaxing trance. For me the trance is probably more important than any lasting results as long as I enjoyed the effects during trance.

I did listen to 2 of your files in the past - Trig virtual toy lite v1 and ultimate plugs v1 male. To be honest, they were not files I found extremely interesting. Not because of their scripting, I think the scripting was interesting. And some of the suggestions were interesting. I am not really sure I would want to experience the plugs for extended periods of time. The main reason I did not fully enjoy these is they were quite short and the TTS voice. The hypnotist's voice is very important to my mind. If I do not enjoy the way it sounds, I just do not get very far with the trance. I cannot seem to get far with a TTS voice. No matter how realistic it sounds. Its probably a mental barrier on my part. And I prefer male voice to female voice, so a female TTS voice is doomed from the start I guess! As for the length of the file, the trance experience is big for me so I do prefer longer files. Not to say I dismiss shorter files. Its great to have a shorter files around for those times when I need a trance but do not have much time at the moment.

I do agree with WatDo, its a nicer experience for me when the induction is the same voice as the suggestions. The voice change works ok, but I do find my conscious thoughts get triggered a bit when the voice changes.

In closing, I would like to thank you Endo, as well as, all the hypnotists that post files on wmm. I admire you all. Your ability to take an idea, a thought, a fetish, and develop a script, sometimes a story, that melds these into an experience for others to enjoy. And perhaps to help people better experience things they enjoy even more strongly. :)
rgn
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » April 6th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Thank you, rgn! I'm glad that at least my scripts are good! But I agree, the effects of Ultimate Plugs would be very annoying long term.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Route42 » April 6th, 2013, 7:32 pm

I think another reason people don't tend to leave feedback is that they're using multiple files on the same topic, so it can be hard to know which file to attribute changes to.

C'est la vie...
Route42
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » April 7th, 2013, 4:30 pm

True, although I've always thought that most of my files were pretty unusual.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby lew897 » May 15th, 2013, 9:36 pm

Ill listen to one, how long should I listen until it works completely or just a few times? And just curious as to what you think is the best one I should listen to?
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » May 15th, 2013, 10:42 pm

It depends on your tastes. I've got a lot of hallucinative files, meaning they make you experience certain things, unlike behavioral files, which change the way you think or act. And a lot of them are rather niche, so take a look, and if you see something you like, listen for as long as you can do so enjoyably. If a file is uncomfortable to listen to, then it won't take effect.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » May 15th, 2013, 11:10 pm

another thing to consider is that all your files are currently premium. once they switch over you might get a new batch of listeners
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » May 16th, 2013, 7:16 am

^That's something I hadn't considered.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby drum » May 16th, 2013, 5:02 pm

you are files interest me but they are still in premium so I will get em once they are available for free :)
drum

Postby Tangy » June 7th, 2013, 11:32 pm

drum wrote:you are files interest me but they are still in premium so I will get em once they are available for free :)

most people are self centered would be my guess :o
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Return to Success Stories