if people commented on files we could have better success.

A place to post about the success you've had with the various files

Moderator: EMG

if people commented on files we could have better success.

Postby Tangy » June 7th, 2013, 11:55 pm

If people commented on files we could have better success. :o
hay we ARE downloading files files anyway so please leave a comment or two and we will create file that really work feedback is important I probably will not even get feedback about this post :o
I WILL BE SUPRISE IF I do 8O
no feedback no improvement's. you get them they were originally recorded
THATS THE WAY OF THE TIMES you ARE SHY AS A BABY AND YOU ARE still shy now. :o :oops:
Tangy
Guru
Guru

comments in pm - ok

Postby boy_arthur_tx » June 8th, 2013, 2:20 am

Comments can help a new hypnotist to improve or maybe just provide encouragement to try again. PM is okay.

A '5' vote helps, a comment helps more.

A '1' vote without a comment - doesn't give a hypnotist the information about what was wrong: the voice, the pacing, the script, the idea itself?

the idea itself? Then why did you download the file?

The few people who take the time to enter comments either in forum, 'comments' for the file or pm helped me improve (a lot?).

The 'reverb' helped me to listen to my own files.
The ''reverb' didn't help others, was a distraction.

Too fast, slow it down. Okay, what files do i like? Slow down and imitate those who are already successful.

Thank you to each and every one who voted on my files.

A special thank you to those who hoped i could improve and help me do so by entering comments.

Tangy, hopefully, others will add comments for you.

i usually read the descriptions of all NEW files.
i sometimes post comments.

i don't have any 'Tangy' files in my playlist, right now.
The files you have don't match my current needs - admitted that i am VERY picky and sometimes weird.

p.s. Writing this at 3:19 am. Ever notice that the CHIRPING sound caused by an old battery in the smoke detector mostly starts between 1 and 4 in the morning?
Very respectfully,
Trainer ba, boy arthur, ba
boy_arthur_tx
AOL - Leth7luv@aol.com
boy_arthur_tx
Mentor
Mentor

Re: comments in pm - ok

Postby Tangy » June 8th, 2013, 10:37 am

boy_arthur_tx wrote:Comments can help a new hypnotist to improve or maybe just provide encouragement to try again. PM is okay.

A '5' vote helps, a comment helps more.

A '1' vote without a comment - doesn't give a hypnotist the information about what was wrong: the voice, the pacing, the script, the idea itself?

the idea itself? Then why did you download the file?

The few people who take the time to enter comments either in forum, 'comments' for the file or pm helped me improve (a lot?).

The 'reverb' helped me to listen to my own files.
The ''reverb' didn't help others, was a distraction.

Too fast, slow it down. Okay, what files do i like? Slow down and imitate those who are already successful.

Thank you to each and every one who voted on my files.

A special thank you to those who hoped i could improve and help me do so by entering comments.

Tangy, hopefully, others will add comments for you.

i usually read the descriptions of all NEW files.
i sometimes post comments.

i don't have any 'Tangy' files in my playlist, right now.
The files you have don't match my current needs - admitted that i am VERY picky and sometimes weird.

p.s. Writing this at 3:19 am. Ever notice that the CHIRPING sound caused by an old battery in the smoke detector mostly starts between 1 and 4 in the morning?

Thank very much for your input and comments, Now everyone see how comments Works. Now we would like to hear from a very very shy person if you want to hide behind your cover a skirt while commenting please feel free to do so even if you want to close your eyes feel free to do so. :oops:
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby lew897 » June 9th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Id comment more, but I really only listen to a few. Also, I really dont know what to comment on, the obvious or the very subtle things. In the end, I just deceided to make my own files with audacity since it allowed me to go with my intuition on what works for me. Maybe not everyone is like me, or where Im at in my hypno journey. So I partly assume alot of the veterns would be like, but thats the whole point of the file.
Also, it seems like the only way to get good at a file is to listen over and over to an extent, what would be the point of critical thinking if your susposed to listen over and over and it still didnt work out. The person then is discouraged and rage quits and says they cant be hypnotized. Or vice versa, they are very suggestable and say it was a blast and the best file they ever listened to.
I took classes in english, and the best part for me is the editing, so I defiantly understand the frustration if no one gives you feed back. But if you know what your worth, go out and get what your worth. In the end, its all about the people who stick with it than the ones who give up after a try or two. To be honest though, I wouldnt mind some files being the way Ive made some as it cuts down on the work load a ton.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby tallguy744 » June 10th, 2013, 5:07 am

lew897 wrote:Also, it seems like the only way to get good at a file is to listen over and over to an extent, what would be the point of critical thinking if your susposed to listen over and over and it still didnt work out. The person then is discouraged and rage quits and says they cant be hypnotized. Or vice versa, they are very suggestable and say it was a blast and the best file they ever listened to.

The point would be letting the hypnotist know that their file isn't as effective as hoped. When someone comes to me, mentioning that on of my files didn't work well for them, I tend to ask a handful of questions to try and figure out what kept that person from dropping and enjoying my file, and I keep their answers in mind when it comes time to record a new file.

And I'm always happy to hear that my file has worked for someone - it means I'm doing things right, and should keep that up for future files. Even if you can't remember the file at all, and so can't provide useful commentary on the content, to know that you're going under is plenty.
tallguy744
Regular
Regular

Postby lew897 » June 10th, 2013, 5:31 pm

The point would be letting the hypnotist know that their file isn't as effective as hoped. When someone comes to me, mentioning that on of my files didn't work well for them, I tend to ask a handful of questions to try and figure out what kept that person from dropping and enjoying my file, and I keep their answers in mind when it comes time to record a new file.

Sounds reseaonable. Just sounds like using your head. If it works, dont fix it. But as Ive said before Ive changed the files on here because alot of them sorta stop continueing. Unlike the feminization files which seem endless. Some of my favorite files have only one of that type and are short.[/quote]
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby slutinmyhead » June 30th, 2013, 1:25 am

Whether I post new recordings or remove old ones is often determined by feedback or lack thereof. Files that don't get enough, I take down. When I don't get feedback for a while, I decide to charge for recordings that had been free and usually pursue interests more related to my day job. I ditch the community for a while... However, when I do get feedback, especially when it's frequent, I post files more frequently and lower prices.

I expect I will eventually fade away completely, as more and more, I am living the life I could previously only express online... And I'm certainly not getting the reinforcement online to keep me interested.

I remember how much it once meant to me to find a like-minded community of hypnofetishists... I have met a handful of really cool people... However, I'm definitely not getting enough attention for the work I put in... It seems it's that way for most of us... A shame...
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby juanf » June 30th, 2013, 2:11 am

I was thinking about this today :P Im new here, so Im lookig to a lot of files, and I really can ,ake an idea about some files :P Ill rate and comment in every file I use :3

Sorry for my english
juanf

Postby Alien4420 » June 30th, 2013, 8:27 am

slutinmyhead wrote:Whether I post new recordings or remove old ones is often determined by feedback or lack thereof. Files that don't get enough, I take down. When I don't get feedback for a while, I decide to charge for recordings that had been free and usually pursue interests more related to my day job. I ditch the community for a while... However, when I do get feedback, especially when it's frequent, I post files more frequently and lower prices.

I expect I will eventually fade away completely, as more and more, I am living the life I could previously only express online... And I'm certainly not getting the reinforcement online to keep me interested.

I remember how much it once meant to me to find a like-minded community of hypnofetishists... I have met a handful of really cool people... However, I'm definitely not getting enough attention for the work I put in... It seems it's that way for most of us... A shame...

Well, what you've said here has certainly made me think about the importance of leaving more feedback. Though it can be difficult for the reasons I mentioned in my other post. I'm still trying to figure out how to respond to what you said without being able to remember what's in them! Besides which, I understand entirely how you feel and don't blame you since I'd probably do the same thing under the circumstances.

But one thing I have been thinking -- even if you only affected one person as deeply as you affected me it would make the making of the file worthwhile. Most of the files here are just for fun -- have sex as a turnip, mind controlled by a Martian, and so forth. But some of them produce profound changes that can alter our lives for the better and your files I think tend to be in that rare category for those of us for whom they're a good fit.

Again it's hard to explain without being able to remember the suggestions and discuss the effect (except the one involving the toilet paper tube, blush). But I'm still going to try to find a way to say something meaningful in the other thread.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby xavious » June 30th, 2013, 9:09 am

My problem is that the site has some formatting issues in the file and journal comment systems making commenting messy and difficult, so I prefer not to, at least not there. Also much of my response tends to be critique which I know that some people don't like, especially with many tists having dom attitudes that they dislike being challenged.

I actually had someone giving me the third degree because of comments I made over music players the other day so I've generally learned to keep my mouth shut a lot of these days.

As an example, here's what I told luggy about one of his files through email, though he never responded that I know of, so maybe he either didn't care for it or just never saw fit to respond.

[Edited for personal reasons.]
Last edited by xavious on June 30th, 2013, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Alien4420 » June 30th, 2013, 9:53 am

Xavious,

Your comments seemed thorough and sensible, but my impression of your email was that it was a bit arrogant, as if you're a teacher grading a paper -- a teacher with superior knowledge giving pointers to a student. This may of course be the case, but I think you might get a more positive response if you wrote from the perspective of an appreciative user. Not that I'm good at this sort of thing myself, LOL.

Forex, you say "watch the sudden change in your tone at times." Good advice, presumably -- I don't know that file but I've had the same problem myself with others. But it's a command and it sounds like you're lecturing -- indeed, it's the opposite of your suggestion that Luggy "try to make the potential subject feel safe and in control, like you're suggesting, not demanding". Whereas when you wrote, "You saying 'push' louder actually shocked me out of the trance I was falling into" in the next sentence, I didn't get that impression.

I think framing this as personal experience might be more politic. And also framing it in a positive perspective, e.g., begging with "Loved your files and I've listened to blah blah with good results," and expressing things as possibilities ("I wonder if it would work better if you did this," or "it may only be me, but . . . "). E.g., when you say "Try to make the potential subject feel safe and in control, like you're suggesting, not demanding," that might work best for some people, but not for others, depending on their goals and their relationship to authority. So if you say "for me, anyway," it leaves open that possibility and lets the hypnotist gather info about what works best for most of his listeners or for a given type of file.

And when you say "try to speak as a suggesting force," it implies that the hypnotist may not be capable of doing this, whereas if you said "if you spoke as a suggesting force, it seems to me that it might . . . "

Of course, despite my efforts, I'm doing the same things you did, but I didn't say I'm good at this. :-)
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby tallguy744 » June 30th, 2013, 11:05 am

xavious wrote:My problem is that the site has some formatting issues in the file and journal comment systems making commenting messy and difficult, so I prefer not to, at least not there. Also much of my response tends to be critique which I know that some people don't like, especially with many tists having dom attitudes that they dislike being challenged.

I actually had someone giving me the third degree because of comments I made over music players the other day so I've generally learned to keep my mouth shut a lot of these days.

People who flip out over being critiqued are unwilling to become better, when it comes down to it. There's certainly that initial reaction of 'Well fuck you too" when you get negative feedback, but finding out what isn't working, and how you can improve is just as important as finding out what does work.

One thing you might try for future feedback is to mention what you liked about the file, to try and balance out the criticism. Might help to soften the blow
tallguy744
Regular
Regular

Postby rgn » June 30th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Sometimes I think people make the process of leaving feedback more difficult that it actually needs to be. Yes, a critique of the hypnotist's style is great feedback. But a critique is not necessary. I try to focus my feedback on what I experienced. If I went into a great trance, then I state that. Did the suggestions take hold? Does not matter if I did not get into trance. My opinion is the hypnotist knows what they were trying to accomplish. If I focus my feedback on what I experienced, the hypnotist can determine the success of their file scripting and recording. Keep it simple. Leave feedback often.... don't let you favorite hypnotist(s) become disillusioned and leave.

Besides, I enjoy reading the feedback of others, especially if its a file I have been enjoying.
rgn
Mentor
Mentor

Postby xavious » June 30th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Alien4420: You critiquing my critique is the exact reason I prefer not to give it. Now imagine if it were the tist who responded like that, or worse. How can I guarantee that they won't respond badly to what I say? I can't. That's probably the ONLY time I ever offered critique to that degree, and I probably only did it because I was ill and not thinking straight (as I admitted).

Slutinmyhead may beg for feedback, but he doesn't realise that the very reason why most of us just give it a single sentence, at best, is because we don't want to be hated for what we say or the way that we say it.

sixfootstreet: Did my second paragraph not constitute praise? I stated what I liked, but if certain things threw me off as a whole, then that's likely to be reflected in the critique.

Maybe the reason why people aren't leaving comments is because they are perfectly happy and feel they have nothing of value to say, or they feel that offering critique for (mostly) free work feels unfair, or like me, they won't give the kind of feedback that someone wants to hear.

if you're adding rules to how people can comment then are you surprised why people are discouraged from doing so?
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Alien4420 » June 30th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Really, this hasn't been an issue for me, if for no other reason that I don't recall any inclination to leave negative comments. Not because I'm trying to protect anyone, but it just never crosses my mind to do so -- it's more like "Oh, that file kind of drags." So I'll usually leave comments for the files that have worked especially well. And even there, I haven't done so with the hypnotist in mind -- I never thought of it as a critique of or support for the hypnotist, but rather as a service for people who are considering downloading a file.

Really, before Slutinmyhead made his comments, I never had any idea how or whether the hypnotists were reacting to the comments at all.

Regarding my critique of your critique, I was just passing along my impression of your email. Not the substance of the critique, but the way it was phrased, which I thought might detract from its effectiveness. It's seriously hard, for me, anyway, to criticize someone without hurting their feelings, and I think that's probably true in general, judging by the dance most people do when they criticize me. But as with your criticism of the hypnotist, my intention here was to be helpful, if indeed I could, and pass on my suspicion that a hypnotist would hear that as a lecture.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby xavious » June 30th, 2013, 3:24 pm

I honestly just wish I hadn't posted, and to be honest I doubt I'll ever provide feedback again. If anything this thread has just confirmed my reasons for not wanting to provide feedback.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby WatDo » June 30th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Give your opinion and just don't give a fuck about what people think about it. Every bit is helpful. And if someone critiques it, oh well, what does it do to you?
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » June 30th, 2013, 7:56 pm

WatDo wrote:stuff

This. Feedback is exactly why I started the beta testing group. I've yet to give them any real files, but they'll be helpful in the future.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Feedback promotes Growth

Postby Calimore » June 30th, 2013, 9:25 pm

Slutinmyhead expressed it best, imo. There is little reward to be had from making hypnosis mp3s. A thoughtful vote, a kind comment or even a well-reasoned critique does a LOT to help authors to make new and better files.

I've gone through quite a slump since my system got stolen a while back and now that I'm able to record and mix files again, I am having a little difficulty finding the motivation to make mp3s, especially when there are more fun and profitable things for me to do. Making a file and getting NO reward, not even a rating, gets old really fast.

Luckily, I do have a couple of fans who have kindly asked me to work on a project or two that interests me. I am hoping that now that I have the equipment and have gotten past a serious family crisis I will be able to turn out a few new files soon. I will also be offering to do custom subliminal files, for those who haven't bought the mainline propaganda that subliminals don't work.

So, to sum up, if you want to keep good hypnotists interested in this craft, you had best offer them some encouragement. A rating, comment or even a quick PM is little to ask considering that it takes skills, effort and at least an hour of someone's valuable time to make a decent hypnosis mp3.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby xavious » July 1st, 2013, 12:51 am

WatDo wrote:Give your opinion and just don't give a fuck about what people think about it. Every bit is helpful. And if someone critiques it, oh well, what does it do to you?

It destroys any bit of self-confidence I had left. That's my fault for putting myself out there though; I should know better by now.

Feedback does more than just "give a friendly comment", because if you want people to give their honest feelings that can take many forms. So I suppose the cruel and honest answer is, I'd rather see tists and their work quietly disappear than potentially rock the boat and be hated for it. If the joy of creating (or the money) isn't enough, then just stop.

That is of course, if feedback means more to you than just simply ego-stroking. I think a lot of people don't realise how time-consuming and exposing decent feedback can be. A lot of people don't offer any because they don't know how best to or they don't want to potentially upset the tist more than if they didn't say anything.

You have to bare in mind that tists are like crack dealers for subs; if you're happy with the output then saying something may make the tist too popular and future files go pay, saying something negative may breed bad blood between you both and the tist may not provide anything new.

I have also provided at least one tist with some extensive feedback in the past and they never produced anything new since. I just assumed that, since most files are free, people created them more as a point of passion, so if the tists heart wasn't in it then my feedback wouldn't really influence anything, and in fact may have a negative effect.

I apologise for my unfortunate honesty. I know I say the things nobody wants to hear. I did promise myself I wouldn't return to this thread, but I love torturing myself.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » July 1st, 2013, 9:41 am

As a 'tist without formal training, it's not that for me. Sure, I love putting stuff out there, but I want my stuff to be good, I want to improve, so I need feedback. Feedback is rare when you get <500 downloads per file in a year. So, it's hard to improve. A vicious little cycle, innit?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby slutinmyhead » July 1st, 2013, 10:03 pm

Just to give some props... RGN, you are absolutely freaking fantastic at giving feedback and there have actually been times that your feedback alone lured me back into the fold...

It matters less what's in the feedback btw than just receiving the acknowledgement that someone - anyone - is listening. It usually takes me anywhere from 3-5 hours to write and edit a script, then about an hour to record and edit the recording. That's a lot of work for so little acknowledgement. Not to mention what I've invested in recording equipment. I'm using a very expensive professional microphone... A huge improvement from the built-in laptop mic I started with (which was still better than the text to speech I relied on before that)...

Although I do sell files, this is not something I do at all for the money. Initially, I charged just for the affirmation I was producing something worth something to someone b/c I sure wasn't getting the feedback. I still spend way more on recordings than I bring in... about $20-30/night. Thank god for day jobs... I'm also pretty generous when it comes to sharing free files, especially with those who provide regular feedback and whom I've come to consider friends, although I usually offer all my recordings free for a few weeks (longer when the feedback keeps coming in).

When I first started posting recordings, I was sharing what I made to get myself off. I was incredibly excited to discover this community of like minded freaks when I had always thought I was the only one turned on by hypnosis. I wanted to be able to share this passion with someone. I wanted to feel connected.

For me, craving feedback is still about craving connection. I'm not offended by feedback that critiques me. I have enough ego strength from my real life work (also psych, if you're curious) that I am not going to be shattered by it or angry, and it might even help me improve.

What I'm really interested in is how it made you feel, what turns you on, holds you back and who you are as a person. I just want to feel like I am sharing something with real people. It makes me even happier when I make a new friend.

I'm also hoping to inspire others out there. Please, steal my ideas. Learn my tricks. I have more than I know what to do with, really. I want more quality recordings with the themes that get me off. I enjoy being submissive as much, if not more, than dominating you. I've just done both for so long that I'm comfortable in either role...

All that said, I'm probably just as bad about leaving feedback as anyone else... It's something I always intend to do more of and perhaps will. I just added a link on my slutinmyhead.com site for reviews, be them of my recordings or anyone else's...
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Postby xavious » July 2nd, 2013, 3:45 am

If you're really that disillusioned with the lack of feedback, which nobody was required in any way to provide by the way, or the fact that this isn't a lucrative field of work (unless you make it one), then do something about it. Either add in some kind of limit where people cannot download another file until they rate and/or comment on a previous one, and/or just charge for every file or only do in person/online hypnosis with an upfront charge.

If this stuff bothers you that much then those are solid steps to solve the problem. Blaming people after the fact for something they were never obliged to do in the first place won't solve anything.

Not trying to be nasty, just trying to sober people up to reality. Look at how many views this thread has in relation to its responses compared to other threads in this section. Not to mention how few people are even responding.

If you want people to act in a certain way, then make it a requirement for entry. It's not an easy thing to hear, but it's the truth.

I think what happens is (and I'm guilty of this myself) we become too idealistic and we forget that if you want something then you have to make it happen. Guilt-tripping people, especially those who actually care and/or are listening won't affect those who are probably contributing to the problem, unless you MAKE it affect them.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

comments and votes

Postby boy_arthur_tx » July 2nd, 2013, 5:19 am

I am almost giddy with excitement when receiving a 5 vote on a file.
I accept as normal a 3 vote.
I wish every vote of 1 also had a comment so I would know what went wrong.

That said, I sometimes think votes (and downloads) and comments indicate the subject of the file was on target. Lack of comments indicate script, voice and the ET CETERA was less than on target.

After all, they wouldn't download files that weren't ON TARGET for their needs? If the file was on target for topic/needs and adequate probably no vote and no comment. If the file was above or below expectations then you get votes or comments.

Try to accept that no votes and no comments means the file was on target for the description/needs and at average on quality overall.

Folks are not shy. They will let you know when you are off target.
(at least by voting a 1)

For instance - I posted a comment about how good a file was because it BUSTED my chastity training getting me totally erect. I chose not to mention how UPSET I was because I equate CHASTITY with not being physically aroused. The file (to me) incorrectly said CHASTITY INCLUDED. What was included was Orgasm Control or some such.

I guess, I sort of WIMPED OUT on the comment honesty. I did comment on how effective the TARGET of the file was achieved. It is just for me it was the wrong TARGET.

As previously mentioned in the thread there will always be a huge difference between number of downloads and number of comments.
That seems to be okay - it is the quality of the comments that can lead to improvements not the quantity.
Very respectfully,
Trainer ba, boy arthur, ba
boy_arthur_tx
AOL - Leth7luv@aol.com
boy_arthur_tx
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Alien4420 » July 2nd, 2013, 7:17 am

Xavious,

I'm not sure how this went so wrong, but I'm sorry it did. This is the danger of any critique, whether of a hypnotist's file, or of a critique of a critique! We're naturally stung by criticism, even if it's positively intended, which is why those who are best at it (and as I keep pointing out, I'm not one of them) are so careful to wrap it in positives -- and why most people don't give it at all, or even tell white lies ("What a beautiful tie, dear!").

I've been stung by criticism myself often enough to know that I'm no exception to the rule. However, I've found it extremely useful when I can get past my ego defenses and apply it. And I've definitely found that there are things that people do that makes the criticism palatable and things they do that makes it upsetting.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby Alien4420 » July 2nd, 2013, 7:32 am

Calimore,

I realized when I read your post that I'm probably one of those who hasn't given you feedback on your files. Just wanted to rectify it with a thank you!
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby xavious » July 2nd, 2013, 8:26 am

Alien4420: It is not your fault, it is mine.

As a moderator on another forum that I'm no longer a part of told me, I'm an ass.
xavious
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Success Stories