Difficulty Going into Trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Difficulty Going into Trance

Postby zerothehero » October 15th, 2013, 1:29 am

I've had an interest in hypnotism for a few years now, and I've had some success putting other people into trance, but when it comes time to listen to a file, I can never seem to quite get there. I've tried few different inductions for a few weeks at a time each, but it seems like even the slightest distraction snaps me right out of it no matter what. Even when I'm parroting back the hypnotists commands, or listening to binaural files, or using any number of tricks to get myself to relax, I'm always completely aware of everything around me.

The file I'm currently listening to is EMG's Blank with binaural effects. I tend to fall asleep during it though, and the trigger phrase doesn't work when used on me.

I asked my partner a few years ago to try to put me in trance, and apparently I did go under then, so I know that I CAN be hypnotized.

Does anyone have any tips for helping me to go under? Are there any suggestions for inductions that I should give a try if I'm having trouble?
zerothehero

Postby lew897 » October 20th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Id be careful about how you use your language or your own internal dialogue. When you say this is how I am... your just re inforceing it. Notice the difference when you say it as past tense. Ive been this way so far but want... I was this way... Up until now its been... It acknowledges that there is a problem but doesn't stick onto what you desire. Affirmations might not be a quick fix, but from what you say you do, constantly saying I am this way only sticks onto yourself and reinforces it.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Xtrex486 » October 20th, 2013, 6:56 pm

It could be various things, but one is that you need the reinforce a possitve actitude in your subconcious towars the files.

To ignore the distraction i could recomend you to do some self hypnosis and simple meditations tricks to you could ignore everything that try to distract you in your objective. then when you think you are ready go and use the file's you want. if you want i could put the link of a meditation technice of youtube that help me to stop distracting me
Xtrex486

Postby futile_mind » October 20th, 2013, 8:23 pm

A bit less insightful than the two above me, but I've had better success with the Bubble Induction than any other. It's always a personal thing though I've found.
futile_mind
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis