For those with analytical minds

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

For those with analytical minds

Postby tercota » January 12th, 2006, 12:42 am

I have a lot of trouble achieving trance. I've been trying for about 6 months now, and I've done it maybe twice.

I've been listening to a relaxation tape that is actually a pretty good induction. /one of the main differences between it and all of the files on this site, is that it has several long pauses. Most of them are at least a minute long, sometimes longer. It seems like my brain suddenly doesn't have anything to think about, and this helps me relax. There are also some long pauses where the voice says to think the word relax every time you breathe out.

Twice so far while listening to this tape I have completely blacked out, and woken up later underneath the blankets on my bed (I started out on top of them) I think this is something anyone making files for this site should consider, or maybe someone could make a file with long breaks in it specifically for people with analytical minds.

Unfortunately, I don't have the rights to the tape, so I can't upload it to this site. Actually, I have no way of recording it either. I'm thinking of getting a cheap mic for my computer, that way I could send it to people so they can get an idea of how it sounds and make they're own file.

Any thoughts/questions?
tercota
Regular
Regular

Postby bilijana » January 12th, 2006, 3:00 am

An interesting idea, although, I think that pauses that long for me would cause boredom, and my brain woudl find something else to focus on.

But hey, if it works for you, that's great!
bilijana
Regular
Regular

Postby Izzabelle » January 12th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Have you tried listening to a confusion induction? Or perhaps, the 7+ or minus 2 technique. I believe going into trance is only as difficult as you want it to be, and also just as easy as you want it to be. What is your perception of trance? There are different levels of trance. Sometimes, it's just a matter of recognizing it. Good luck in your efforts to achieve trance easier.
Lady Izzabelle

http://mindtransformation.com
http://ladyizzabelle.com
Izzabelle

Postby tercota » January 12th, 2006, 4:49 pm

I've tried all the induction files with little or no success. I've also used Neuro Programmer 2 and virtual hypnotist, with no better results the using the files by themselves.

One problem I've noticed is that after I listen to a file a few times, I start to memorize it. After that, I start to think ahead to what he's going to say next, and that gets my brain on a tangent that goes all over the place.

I can get to a relaxed state, possibly a light trance. The most I've gotten so far was a little loss of feeling in my extremities. I've not reached a state where I am really open to suggestion. I really would like this to work, but I'm getting frustrated at the lack of any sort of improvement.

At this point, I'd be willing to hypnotized over the phone. I've kind of done it before, but there weren't suggestions in it. Just something like in deepening 2. Would anyone mind helping me out? (I realize this is off topic, sorry)
tercota
Regular
Regular

Postby Kharon » January 12th, 2006, 7:04 pm

I might be able to help you out, but I don't do phone (limited cell minutes and no land line), only chat. I am, however, available to chat on AOL, Yahoo and MSN messenger, and sometimes in the IRC Channel. Send me a PM if you want to know my contact, or see if Kharon is on in the channel. The first thing we need to do either way is to talk about it, though.
Kharon
Regular
Regular

Postby RedruM » January 22nd, 2006, 3:49 am

Yea I agree many of the files on this site I find are way to quick, others files I've found on kazaa and the like are much longer (20+ mins) and get me more deeper, but they dont have the nice content the ones here do.

If I had a suggestion to make for the wmm guy, it would be to take more time to fully relax the person before trying to suggest anything and not try to be to forceful, I too have an analytical mind and have not seen much success unfortunatly.

Personally I'd like to see a recording go for like an hour, I think by that time I might get some progress :(
RedruM

Postby groomlakeguy » January 22nd, 2006, 4:43 pm

If you download a decent free sound file editing program, and take your time to learn how to edit files (use back-up copies!), you should be able to insert silent parts yourself, where you feel they are needed.

I'm thinking of doing this myself (insert silence), as I too feel I go deeper when it's quiet for a while.
groomlakeguy
Regular
Regular

Postby tercota » January 27th, 2006, 1:42 am

I may be going to see a hypnotherapist soon, to help with my anxiety. I let you guys know how fast or slow she goes.

She has a website, in case you want to check it out, it's yeshypnosisworks.com
tercota
Regular
Regular

Postby NeKofLiP » January 27th, 2006, 1:36 pm

i noticed after getting the flu , my attention span has drastically decreased. i cant stay focused on one thing longer than several seconds , but it also does help me relax and usually when im just sitting in a chair reading ill notice that i feel like my body is detached from me.
i dont know how this happened , but im pretty sure it had nothing to do with the flu..
NeKofLiP
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis