Complete inability to enter trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Complete inability to enter trance

Postby ninjahunter950 » July 24th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Title basically says it all. I try to relax, listen to files, and get into trance, but I simply cannot. I get distracted by other things in the room, or just random thoughts. I live with two roommates and two cats in a tiny apartment, so even when I do get time alone I get paranoid that they'll come home early and discover me. My erratic mind and external factors prevent me from getting into trance properly. How do I into hypnosis files?
ninjahunter950

Postby Endo » July 24th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Find a new place to trance.

That's all there really is to it, YOU aren't incapable of trancing, it's just that you're being prevented from relaxing properly. Perhaps a library? Does your door have a lock?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » July 24th, 2014, 9:29 pm

I'd suggest trying when you've just gone to bed. You'll be more relaxed anyway,

As long as the file doesn't involve you reciting stuff (most here don't), you're unlikely to be disturbed.
If you are though, you can just pretend you were listening to music (yes, it doesn't matter if you're woken during trance, you can deal with it completely safely!).

Happy trancing!
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby lew897 » July 25th, 2014, 7:23 am

I have the same problem every once and a while. Like bobby said just pretend like your listening to music. After a while people just leave you alone when your trance ing. People can be nice if your just open to it.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ninjahunter950 » July 25th, 2014, 9:08 pm

I think that the greater issue is that I just get easily distracted from the file. I try to pay attention to it, but my mind wanders and I'm never able to focus enough on it.
ninjahunter950

Postby ProfessorPig » July 25th, 2014, 9:13 pm

it sounds like the environment is not conducive for trance. depending on the requirements of a file i have found it nice to go for a walk in a park while listening to a file. this might help you by giving your mind something to focus on that is not so taxing that it will take away from the file.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » August 4th, 2014, 3:09 am

Don't concentrate on the file! Ignore it and let your mind wander instead. The worst thing you can do, is to concentrate and focus completely on the file: what is being said - what does it mean? - how are you affected (is there any change in you?). All these things will tend to engage your analytical, conscious mind, and you don't want that at all. You want to disengage that mind completely.

So if your mind starts to wander - let it. Listen in a casual, laid-back way. Your subconsious will catch anything important in the file anyway - and much easier too.

Stop saying to yourself that your are incapable of going into trance. That is a very powerful suggestion, that you are giving yourself. And one that you have already started to accept.

Be casual. Be patient. Don't give up!

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby robk499 » August 18th, 2014, 8:15 pm

I find something similar, I feel I get close to trance but something is just not there, my room is quiet, I use noise cancelling headphones, should have all lights off so no potential distractions?
robk499

Postby Ardea » August 20th, 2014, 7:14 pm

I recommend Skullcandy earphones. they completely block out sound. find the time and the place. Have a drink, unwind yourself. Its about you.

Again:

-Find the time
-Find the place (comfortable)
-Use good earphones
-Listen in when your in the right mindset (not worrying about roommates and such- just say you were trying to listen to classical music as you slept.) :D
Ardea
Regular
Regular

Postby Scarlett_S » August 27th, 2014, 12:20 am

I used to be the same way. Try a bunch of different hypnotists, just practice. Practice, practice, practice. It'll come eventually.
Scarlett_S
Regular
Regular

Postby cloudstalker » December 29th, 2014, 9:00 am

The most effective way to go into trance is to not try. Just do whatever the hypnotist tells you to do.

RA
cloudstalker
Regular
Regular

Postby alruk » December 29th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Trying to fall into a trance probably means you never well. Try to relax and think about something else (not what you've got to make for dinner or work deadlines, but something that makes you feel comfortable rather than stressed). I like to listen to my own breathing getting deeper and deeper when i see my hypnotherapist and the rest just falls into place. Perhaps you are trying to do too much too quickly. Don't even attempt a long trance, just see if you find yourself in a trance for a few seconds even before you suddenly find distractions creeping in, then work out how you did that and build on it. Soon you will find yourself able to be in a trance for longer and longer. Good luck and don't give up!
alruk

Doesn't work for me

Postby 69smokey69 » April 4th, 2015, 10:31 pm

Never been able to go into trance...ever...with anyone.
69smokey69

Return to General Hypnosis