multiple triggers?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

multiple triggers?

Postby dlarge » July 30th, 2014, 6:43 am

Does anyone else find it confusing to listen to files recorded with different voices, different styles, and using different triggers?
dlarge

Postby Endo » July 30th, 2014, 9:03 am

Huh? I'm sorry, but your question is rather vague.

Are you referring to listening to DIFFERENT files by different authors? Or a single file that has multiple authors?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby dlarge » July 30th, 2014, 10:27 am

Endo wrote:Huh? I'm sorry, but your question is rather vague.

Are you referring to listening to DIFFERENT files by different authors? Or a single file that has multiple authors?

Apologies for my vagueness. I'm just starting out and trying to go slowly so I've been listening to chewtoy's induction files (actually watching the YouTube versions, that include a simple spiral). I've become used to his voice, cadence, and rhythm and induction trigger and I seem to be making progress in going into trance and deepening as well.

But the induction trigger he uses is specific to his files, so I'm concerned that listening to files in other series, recorded by other people, won't work as well since they might use different induction triggers, and most of them are also recorded by different people so the voice isn't something my subconscious is "used to".

I'm very interested in the potential effects of other files but I'm trying to go slowly and not bite off more than I can chew. I want to build upon successes and not find that moving, say, to a file recorded by EMG is jarring to my subconscious because it's a relatively unfamiliar voice (maybe less trusted or just different).

I really don't want to record anything in my own voice because I just hate listening to myself; I've considered looking into TTS for a more consistent sound, but of course that raises its own challenges as well..

Does that make sense?
dlarge

Postby ProfessorPig » July 30th, 2014, 11:24 am

chewtoys files and triggers are linked to his voice. this is actually an important safety so that an abusive hypnotist cannot trigger you without your consent. some people are able to get locked triggers to work to some extent with other hypnotists but its relatively uncommon. the good news is that all the trance skills you have learned from chewtoy can easily be applied to another hypnotist.

edit: you have built up report with chewtoy, you trust him and trust his voice. it may take time to get that sort of trust with other hypnotists you have
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby Endo » July 30th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Haha, "rapport", not report.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » July 30th, 2014, 11:20 pm

Endo wrote:Haha, "rapport", not report.

:oops:
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby dlarge » August 1st, 2014, 12:42 pm

somehopper wrote:
Endo wrote:Haha, "rapport", not report.

:oops:

If i had a nickel for every mistake like that I made I'd be rich.

Thanks somehopper for the advice!
dlarge

Postby HornyDude » August 2nd, 2014, 10:21 am

Here is a link to a file by Cardigan that can help you remain in a trance when listening to several files in a playlist.

http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/1079/Cardigan---Over2nextfile.php
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dlarge » August 4th, 2014, 12:05 pm

HornyDude wrote:Here is a link to a file by Cardigan that can help you remain in a trance when listening to several files in a playlist.

http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/1079/Cardigan---Over2nextfile.php

That's great. Thank you!
dlarge

Return to General Hypnosis