Any hypnotists in Denmark?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Any hypnotists in Denmark?

Postby codexing » March 15th, 2015, 6:57 am

It sounds like most of the hypnotists I find online are either in the US or in the UK.
I would love to meet with a hypnotist in person, but it doesn't seem like there's that many in Denmark, even in the capital city of Copenhagen.

Anyone around?
codexing

Postby HornyDude » March 15th, 2015, 10:20 am

Cardigan's profile lists Denmark as his location.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » March 15th, 2015, 10:47 am

Yes, I live in Denmark and Danish is my main language. But I also speak English fluently because I spent 3 years in the US as a child (1962-1965).

So - where in DK do you live?

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby codexing » March 16th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Wait, THE Cardigan?
Ok, that was quite the surprise then. And I had thought that in Denmark nobody was even remotely interested in hypnosis.

I've been living in Copenhagen for the last 5 years. Well, except for a one semester hiatus in Viborg, near Aarhus.
codexing

Postby Alvin » March 16th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Woah, people here are old! :o ...I wonder how old is EMG...
Alvin

Postby cardigan » March 17th, 2015, 11:05 am

Yes, I am indeed THE Cardigan :-) :-)

Happily living in Roskilde and seeing clients daily. So not much time to make files right now. But I sure listen to files - mostly my own or Wendi Friesen's (of a non-sexual nature) :-)

I'm not THAT old :-) :-)

Cardigan
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby codexing » March 17th, 2015, 5:44 pm

That's pretty interesting :) Been to Roskilde more than a few times - both visiting friends who live there, and visiting because of the festival.

That makes it very interesting, because I was wondering if I would ever be able to find a hypnotist in person here in Denmark. I was hypnotized many years ago in 2008 by a friend who was still learning, and it kind of worked at the time (it was my first experience with hypnosis). Ever since then I've been listening to files and trying other online hypnosis but it never gets anywhere close to what I experienced back then with my friend.

I had been hoping for an opportunity to be hypnotized in person again. And it sounds like you do see clients in person (paid, I'm guessing).
codexing

Postby cardigan » March 18th, 2015, 12:29 pm

Well, yeah. I mostly work with paying clients. But there are exceptions. If I want to work hard and really concentrate on something in particular I might accept "guinea pigs" that I would work on for free. - You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. ! :-)
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby greg142 » March 18th, 2015, 3:31 pm

well, i was looking (some time ago) for others in the Scandinavian region and didn't really find that many.... But nice to see at least two other Danes and it would be rude not to speak up.
I am not my self a hypnotist, so i was ofc looking for one too.
greg142

Postby codexing » March 18th, 2015, 5:45 pm

Hey there, Greg :)
Where in the Scandinavian region are you from?

Cardigan, that sounds like an interesting proposition. I don't know if I would be a good guinea pig myself, seeing how hypnosis, at least online, doesn't usually manage to get me into a deep trance. But then again you're the expert in the field, and in-person hypnosis is a completely different experience.

I might be up for being a guinea pig. I did that already when my friend was learning hypnosis so many years ago (I moved out from the US, where we met while I was an exchange student there). Of course it depends on what the purpose of the experiments is. I'm up for anything that won't affect my performance at work.
codexing

Postby cardigan » March 19th, 2015, 5:23 am

Well, I'm actually seeking guinea pigs in 2 areas: chronic pains and weight control.

But even though you might not have any of these issues, I'd be glad to spend an hour with you and teach you how to go into deep trance. As long as we can find a date and you get yourself to my doorstep :-)

Is Danish or English your native language?

Cardigan
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby codexing » March 19th, 2015, 11:10 am

Yeah, chronic pains and weight control are not two areas where I'd be of use for (unless with weight control you intended to go the exact opposite way :P )

Teaching me how to go into deep trance? That'd be really, REALLY great!
And of course, I wouldn't expect you to have to move for something like this. Roskilde is not far at all either.

Technically my native language would be Spanish. Which I've always had a feeling it might be related to why hypno files in English don't have as strong an effect on me (haven't tried files in Spanish). But that's just my wild guess and probably not the case. After all, I do speak English very fluently to the point it's the language I've been speaking 98% of the time for the last 5 years since I moved to Copenhagen (and before that I've been living in the US and Ireland).
codexing

Postby cardigan » March 19th, 2015, 3:18 pm

I can tell by your use of the English language that using that will present no problem for me - or for you. I was just wondering whether you are a native Dane like me - or not. Which you are not :-)

But drop me a PM and we'll find a time for you to come to Roskilde.

Cardigan
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby codexing » March 19th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Heh, I know just enough Danish to pronounce kinda right "Rødgrød med fløde" and ordering beers ;-)

Ok, maybe a bit more than that after 5 years in Copenhagen - but still, definitely far from being able to have a conversation in Danish, even less being hypnotized in Danish.

Ok, I'll PM you =)
codexing

Postby greg142 » March 22nd, 2015, 3:04 am

Hei ^^
Well i am from Denmark (currently in Aarhus), i can see you've learned the essential danish phrases (ordering beer and a tongue twister) xD
Awesome to see ppl finding something they where looking for in this little country ^^ (even tho not precisely xD).
greg142

Postby codexing » March 22nd, 2015, 4:37 pm

Ah nice :D More Danes!
Never been to Aarhus yet, other than momentary stops at the train station. I should go visit sometime when I find a proper excuse to visit Jutland again ;-)
codexing

Postby greg142 » March 24th, 2015, 12:08 am

Aarhus is a fine city, if you know what to visit/do when you are here.
sounds like you had the DSB tour of Denmark, trees, industrial areas and boring train stations xD
I like Copenhagen more, currently waiting for my excuse to visit again xD
greg142

Postby codexing » March 24th, 2015, 2:09 am

Well, I've been to a few more places than just the DSB tour :P

In Jutland I've been mostly to Aalborg a few times to either visit friends or give talks, and I also lived in Viborg for about 3 months.
Then I've also been to Odense and Helsingør for a few days.

But yeah, Copenhagen is my favorite place by far ;-)
codexing

Return to General Hypnosis