Can make myself dizzy during hypno(sign of trance?)

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Can make myself dizzy during hypno(sign of trance?)

Postby IWANTHOTDOG » March 29th, 2015, 1:20 pm

I noticed that late into files, I can induce dizziness by imagining myself spinning around in circles. I can get the same feeling that I would get as if I were to actually keep spinning in circles. Is this a sign of a good trance? My guess is that it is because I'm convincing my brain that something is happening that actually isn't.

Thanks!
IWANTHOTDOG
Regular
Regular

Postby asissyboi » April 26th, 2015, 3:50 pm

I'm not sure if it means you're in a trance, but I can do the same thing so I would like to think so
asissyboi

Postby ProfessorPig » April 26th, 2015, 7:24 pm

it sounds like whats happening is that you are already in trance from the file, and then you give yourself a suggestion that you are spinning around. you can test this hypothesis by imagining yourself doing other things and seeing how you respond to the other suggestions you give yourself.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby WolfyGuy » April 27th, 2015, 2:19 am

Sometimes i get a sense of vertigo, that i just dropped a small distance suddenly, the difference here is that the sensation doesn't end as suddenly but lingers for a while, focusing on the hypnotist's voice can often extend the sensation further. I've wondered a few times if this is part of trancing because unlike the similar sensation when i try to sleep, that simply "drops me" and then goes after a startling awakening. Meh, the brain wonders!
WolfyGuy

Postby ViralVixen » April 28th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Whilst I don't know how this applies to hypnosis, I do think it's interesting to note that imagining yourself spinning around is generally accepted as one of the ways to prolong a lucid dream state.

So who knows? There may be something to it!
ViralVixen
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis