New here, need some clarifications before starting out

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

New here, need some clarifications before starting out

Postby No_words » May 30th, 2015, 7:51 am

Hello, i've been reading the forum for a few days now and i wanna try this self-hypnosis thing.
I don't have any experience by now, but it has been a few months since i've started reading things about self-hypnosis (mostly because i wanted to get some lucid dreams), so i believe in the power of suggestions.
I never quite managed to get into a trance, or at least i did not believe i was in one, so i wanted to try using some files like the one you can download here that may help me get there easier.

So here are the questions that have been floating in my mind the last days.
1) What are all the types of file you can download here? There are inductions, bodies, wakener, scripts... What does each one do and what should i do with them?

2) I want to start with some easy stuff, just to see if and how i can get into a trance, then i can pass into more "advanced" stuff (like actual triggers and whatnot), so what can you recommend me?

3) Will they work if english is not my native language? I can understand spoken english unless it's an unusual dialect or it's spoken too fast.

4) Some files have alternate version with added effects or "bineural beats", why? From what i understand the enhanched version should works better but then why would anybody use the standard version?

5) What's the frequence i should listen to the files? Every day? Multiple times a day? I'm planning to take about up to an hour before going to bed to listen to these files. Is it enough?

I have read the sticky thread in the other section, but it did not answer these question. Thanks in advance for time spent reading this.
No_words

Re: New here, need some clarifications before starting out

Postby ProfessorPig » May 30th, 2015, 1:41 pm

"So here are the questions that have been floating in my mind the last days.
1) What are all the types of file you can download here? There are inductions, bodies, wakener, scripts... What does each one do and what should i do with them?"

the types of file that you listed are really just smaller parts of files, the are used if you want to mix and match files.

inductions - these are the part of the file that puts you into a trance, it is often followed by a deepener.

bodies - these are the part of the file where most of the hypnotic suggestions occur. so if you want to have lucid dreams, this would be the part of the file that talked about it.

wakener - this is the part of the file that will wake you up out of trance after the desired effects have been reached.

scripts - this is the entirety of the file in written form. it allows you to re record it in your own voice, or to make sure the suggestions are something you would want.

"2) I want to start with some easy stuff, just to see if and how i can get into a trance, then i can pass into more "advanced" stuff (like actual triggers and whatnot), so what can you recommend me?"

this should, and has been, a topic all of its own. you may want to start just with a simple induction. lutz's bubble induction might also be a good place to start since it is a very powerful file for many people and its trigger could be used in your later work on dreams.

"3) Will they work if english is not my native language? I can understand spoken english unless it's an unusual dialect or it's spoken too fast."

yes, it should work just fine as long as you can understand them easily. i think there is a greater risk for abnormal reactions. you might run into a patch of the file that does not translate correctly.

"4) Some files have alternate version with added effects or "bineural beats", why? From what i understand the enhanched version should works better but then why would anybody use the standard version?"

binaural beats are a personal thing. some people like them, some people hate them, sometimes they are just too loud for a given file. binaural beats help many people go quickly and easily into trance just from the beat itself, but everyone is different. even if you and i both liked binaural beats we may not agree on what frequency is best.

"5) What's the frequence i should listen to the files? Every day? Multiple times a day? I'm planning to take about up to an hour before going to bed to listen to these files. Is it enough? "

this is very subjective and is very likely to change from person to person. my personal recommendation is that you should listen once a day for the fist week or so, switch to every other day for the next two weeks, and then just taper down to once a week. i find that for me, if i listen much more than that, it feels like a chore, and i start rejecting suggestions. but what works for you may be different.
Being a pig is about following your desires. If you would like help following your desires, you may enjoy listening to my work. Its interesting how the most profound changes can occur when you least expect them.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby OxyFemboi » May 30th, 2015, 1:55 pm

no_words wrote
So here are the questions that have been floating in my mind the last days.
1) What are all the types of file you can download here? There are inductions, bodies, wakener, scripts... What does each one do and what should i do with them?

2) I want to start with some easy stuff, just to see if and how i can get into a trance, then i can pass into more "advanced" stuff (like actual triggers and whatnot), so what can you recommend me?

3) Will they work if english is not my native language? I can understand spoken english unless it's an unusual dialect or it's spoken too fast.

4) Some files have alternate version with added effects or "bineural beats", why? From what i understand the enhanched version should works better but then why would anybody use the standard version?

5) What's the frequency I should listen to the files? Every day? Multiple times a day? I'm planning to take about up to an hour before going to bed to listen to these files. Is it enough?

1) The various files are:
A) SCRIPT -- The written form of the file. You can read the suggestions to see if there is anything you find objectionable.
B) INDUCTION -- The part of the file that puts you in trance. Some inductions will work much better than others with you. THis is true for everybody. If you get an induction that works well for you, you can pair it with the body of a file that works, and a wake-up to make a custom file for you.
C) BODY -- The part of the file that contains the suggestions
D) WAKE-UP -- The part of the file that wakes you from the trance.
E) FILE -- The complete file (incudes Induction, Body (the suggestions), and the wake-up
F) BINAURAL -- The file has binaural beats incorporated into the file. Binaurals can produce several effects, but in hypnosis, they are used to deepen the trance.
G) SUBLIMINAL -- The file is one where you cannot knowingly hear the words. This is supposed to bypass the conscious mind so that your subconscious will accept the suggestions. (I'm not sure they work but some people swear by them. They don't tend to work that well on me.
H) LOOP or LOOPING -- Some files are designed to be played on "repeat" indefinitely, so they do not have an induction or wake-up incorporated in their design. You can repeat the suggestions 24/7 while you are doing other things like eating.

The file TYPES are:
1) TRIGGER -- installs a post-hypnotic trigger in you. This can be used by yourself or by other people. Triggers range from "innocent" -- such as when you hear the phrase "Freeze Time for you" you will be immoblie until you hear the release phrase (usually "Revert to normal:). to less innocent phrases. I am not giving examples on purpose.
2) TRAIN -- the file trains you to do a certain behavior. This type of file is reversible.
3) CURSE -- The file is irreversible. The effects are permanent. Be certain you want the effects before you use the file.
4) CURSE REMOVAL -- The file is supposed to stop the effects of the file. It may or may not reverse any effects of the curse. The curse Removal file usually need to be bought. Check to see if a Curse file has a Curse Removal file before using if you are not sure you want the effects to be permanent.
5) CUSTOM -- You pay a hypnotist you like to make a file that you want that is not available or the files you see have not done what you wanted.

2) Try an easy file like Train Suggestible or Train Succeptable -- use the file Navigator to fine them -- which are designed to deepen trance. If you are a beginner, these may be one of the better files to start with. Otherwise, use something that you cant test, like a "Trigger File", which in stalls a trigger in you for you or someone else to use to put you in trance.

3) The files will work if you understand English. If English is not your native language, they will work if you comprehend what is said. There are files that have been recorded in other languages. This is why having a script available is worthwhile.

4) Some people like binaural beats. Some don't like them. If you like them and they work for you, then having teh file with binaural beats added is a plus. If you don't like them, then stick with the original file (no binaurals).

5) Listen as often as you like. Probably listening once or twice a day -- when you get up and before bedtime are the usual times -- is good. However, do not listen to more than two different files during the period. They sometimes interfere with each other.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Postby No_words » May 30th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Thanks both ProfessorPig and OxyFemboi, things are much more clear now!
I'll try some different induction files then until I find what suits me best, and when i'll be sure i can get into trance i'll give a go at the files you suggested.

I'm leaving for a week tomorrow so i'll have to delay the testing, and if i remember i'll let you know how it goes.
Again, many thanks for the well thought post, it has been really helpful.
No_words

Return to General Hypnosis