help me make a "forget the story" script.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

help me make a "forget the story" script.

Postby Kendai » March 26th, 2006, 5:24 pm

okay, some of us like the idea, i figured we should try making a script for virtual hypnotist for it.

we still need a good trigger, but there's what i'm thinking.

from now on, whenever you are wating a movie, reading a book, or play a game, if you (trigger) you will be unable to remember the story from that point on. you will not forget ever having watched or readi it before, but you will not remember the contents of the story, as if you had never read, seen or heard the story before.

okay, my scriptwriting sucks, but still some of us like the idea of being able to experience a story like new again.

i think it important for it go from the point you are at when triggered. if say, you want to go back to say the middle of a trilogy, you wouldn't want to forget the first.

or, instead of a trigger, it could just effect you while you watch or read or whatever, because why do you need to know what happens next WHILE a movie is playing. may screw you in games though, what with some relying on trial and error.
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby demigraff » March 26th, 2006, 5:39 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me, sorry I can't help more.
I suggested something similar on the voting page a long time ago, but it didn't last long. I think I've seen other people suggest it too since then.

Good luck :)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby Kendai » March 26th, 2006, 6:02 pm

why don't we flesh out the idea and then post it again?

i think we can go ahead and do i now, if we agree on the following:

works for moves, books, videogames, or anything else with a story.

but we need to decide whether it will:

automatically work AS your'e wating it, and not affect you any other time.

OR

be a trigger, and work from the point when triggered, and be semi-permanent that you'd eventually have to watch it all to remember.
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby goldragon_70 » March 26th, 2006, 9:14 pm

I like the idea. I could get what I pay for out of my books. 8)
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 29th, 2006, 1:22 am

Kendai wrote:why don't we flesh out the idea and then post it again?

i think we can go ahead and do i now, if we agree on the following:

works for moves, books, videogames, or anything else with a story.

but we need to decide whether it will:

automatically work AS your'e wating it, and not affect you any other time.

OR

be a trigger, and work from the point when triggered, and be semi-permanent that you'd eventually have to watch it all to remember.

I think you need to deliberately trigger it. it would be bad if you were a college student or a teacher and opening a book automatically made you forget the content before an exam or while doing a lesson plan or executing the instructing a class. for example a literature class or exam.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby Kendai » March 29th, 2006, 5:06 pm

good point, so what kind of a trigger?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nuit09 » March 29th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Kendai wrote:good point, so what kind of a trigger?
My understanding of triggers is limited but in this case it cannot be situational. it needs to be verbal, or thought or somatic. perhaps an emphatically spoken and unusual word, perhaps a nonsensical one, spoken prior to sitting down to read or to view a movie. it can be worded so that you can arrive "in media res" (in the middle of) a movie and still trigger it. it could be a gesture, too; from a finger wag ("these are not the droids you're looking for...") to a full body pose (like acting out closing a curtain.)
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 29th, 2006, 8:55 pm

from now on, whenever you are wating a movie, reading a book, or play a game, if you (trigger) you will be unable to remember the story from that point on. you will not forget ever having watched or readi it before, but you will not remember the contents of the story, as if you had never read, seen or heard the story before.

This needs to be spread out a little and need repition.

i think it important for it go from the point you are at when triggered. if say, you want to go back to say the middle of a trilogy, you wouldn't want to forget the first.

Good point.

I'll work on it using what i think passes for good hypnotic technique. problem is: i am not a hypnotist let alone an experieinced one.

I only attempted it with the astral shapeshifting script because i could not be certain the hypnotist would know the subject matter enough to make an effective script from the point of view of realistic subject matter related technique. i did not want the hypnotist to have to research the subject matter (80 percent of the literature is less than satisfactory) or worse yet have the hypnotist just wing it. I cannot be certain the end product will work for as many people as possible even without fluffy technical information or less than enthusiastic and confident narration. This way the script has the maximum chance of being a good one. A good hypnotist with a good technical advice verses a confused hypnotist with inadequate material and no qualified advice.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby RufusTG » March 30th, 2006, 1:55 pm

You might work on remembering - that is, remembering previous experiences as vividly as possible.

The forgetting aspect is probably easier as a 'getting lost in the moment' when things get really good sort of thing.
RufusTG

Return to General Hypnosis