Hypnosis and Hallucinogens...

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis and Hallucinogens...

Postby km1980 » March 30th, 2006, 12:10 am

Kind of a weird question, but I have been using some files for a few months and have gone fairly deep into trance. I was a moderate hallucingoen user in the past, but haven't used them for several years. I was thinking of doing it again, but was wondering about the potential for bad trips and anxiety. I know it might be strange, but has anybody had experience with this?
km1980

Postby poetzero » March 30th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Although I may not do it myself (have no intentions of doing hallucinagens any more), may I recommend staying away from synthetics such as LSD and mescaline (do they even make that anymore?) as there is usually a fair amount of speed in them, thus speeding your heart rate. It seems for a trance to be acheived, one's heart needs to be beating as if the body is asleep, slower than normal. This is the impression I seem to get for having success with a file. Therefore, if you really feel the need to experiment in this manner, please stick to organics such as mushrooms or peyote. But personally, I'd rather stick to being, um, uninhanced.

Cheese,
PZ
poetzero
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » March 30th, 2006, 1:59 pm

I think it's a pity to use drugs in conjunction with something as natural, as wonderful and as powerful as hypnosis in order to achieve a trip.

Especially since hypnosis alone can create all the sensations of any kind of trip - without the use of potentially harmful drugs.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 30th, 2006, 2:10 pm

poetzero wrote:Although I may not do it myself (have no intentions of doing hallucinagens any more), may I recommend staying away from synthetics such as LSD and mescaline (do they even make that anymore?) as there is usually a fair amount of speed in them, thus speeding your heart rate. It seems for a trance to be acheived, one's heart needs to be beating as if the body is asleep, slower than normal. This is the impression I seem to get for having success with a file. Therefore, if you really feel the need to experiment in this manner, please stick to organics such as mushrooms or peyote. But personally, I'd rather stick to being, um, uninhanced.

Cheese,
PZ
Mescaline is not a synthetic. Mescaline, if i recall correctly, is an ingredient in peyote. I could be wrong as i do not seek nor use recreational drugs. however; natural drugs are also unhealthy if overly used. Other natural drugs; psylicibin, opium, marijuanna, thugione, absinthe, Coca leaf, betel nut, etc.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 30th, 2006, 2:14 pm

you could augment your hypnosis experience without drugs by inducing hypoxia with controlled breathing rythyms. 20:5:4 10: 5: 15: or similar patterns are effective.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby km1980 » April 1st, 2006, 12:08 pm

Sorry if I was unclear; the point wasn't that I would use hallucinogens to augment a hypnotic state, but that I wanted to make sure that using hallucingoens several days after being hypnotized wouldn't produce any bad effects.

Of course, having a bad trip depends so much on an individual's mental state, so I wouldn't expect that there is a single uniform answer. I was just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation.

Also, there's no speed in LSD or Mescaline, and yes, they do still make them!
:wink:
km1980

Postby aeroue » April 1st, 2006, 5:20 pm

Probably depends on you and the files you are listening too then.

I mean if you associate negativity with them and they get on your mind, then it will have a bad effect on the trip I would think. If they are wholly positive for you I doubt they would.

Much like anything else.

I smoke a bit of weed and sometimes the paranoia or anxiety creeps up if hypnosis gets on my mind, but not always, as always it depends on the situation. But it is possible.

I havn't done and hallucinogens in quite a while though so I can't be sure.
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dnl » April 2nd, 2006, 10:35 pm

inpure LSD can have speed in it but it's somewhat rarey.they userly use cheaper druges than that.
dnl

Postby Lobotaru » April 29th, 2006, 4:42 pm

One could also argue that peyote is a natural, wonderful substance and thus a great mix with such a natural wonderful thing as hypnosis... but I'm not one of those crazy people. :lol:
Lobotaru
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis