Great idea for a file

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Great idea for a file

Postby cowcow » July 14th, 2006, 5:12 pm

I'm pretty new to hypnosis but I thougt of a great idea for a file. The file would be something that puts you into a game your playing. You would actually be your charactor. I think this would be a great trigger file.

I'm looking to make a script so I could make this file. Any comments or mabye help?
cowcow

Postby Jacara » July 14th, 2006, 10:18 pm

I don't know about you, but I got pretty darn into my RPG characters when I played them :lol:
I think there's something like this about movies or books, isn't there? Or am I remembering something I saw on the Voting page?
(speaking of which, I think the Voting forum is usually the place to discuss potential files)

Anyway, I'm not sure about the wording of a suggestion for that, because at what point in the game would the viewpoint-shift happen? As soon as you see him/her on the screen? And if you "become" your character, how would you keep playing the character IRL? (as opposed to getting lost in trance and the character standing there as he gets eaten by kobolds)

I think the suggestion might make more impact on the subconscious if it used the name of the character, rather than just "your character". As with a lot of these files, it'd work best if it was tailored to the individual's situation.

Sorry I wasn't much of a help :P
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Daeth » July 15th, 2006, 9:47 am

Well I already dream about being my character anyway so making me believe I'm my charachter wouldn't be anything new to me. :D
Daeth

Postby cowcow » July 15th, 2006, 1:57 pm

okay well what if same thing just you would be the character in the game but in real life? You could say (charater's name)gametime or something like that.
cowcow

Postby Jacara » July 16th, 2006, 1:02 am

It'd have to be either timed or triggered by someone else; otherwise you wouldn't know to turn yourself back to normal (if you really thought you were your character).
There are files like this for thinking you're a baby or thinking you're a woman.. the character one wouldn't be much of a stretch. I don't know how popular it'd be, but sure it's possible.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby untainted_666 » July 16th, 2006, 2:52 am

What would probably have to happen is this- when you trigger yourself you kind of enter a trance- your body and mind are still focused on the game, but your viewpoint shifts to that of the character, and you would know everything that the character knows. For example, if you triggered yourself while playing Jedi Academy further on in the game, you would suddenly find yourself something of a master swordsman. This is the method by which you control the game. Your actions while in your 'vision' determine what keys your real body presses. It'd probably be quite complicated to work out, and there'd have to be a suggestion that makes sure that nothing that injures or kills your character in the game will harm your body. It would end whenever the character dies or when a level is completed.
untainted_666

Postby Jacara » July 16th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Yeah, this is a little too complicated for me to figure out how to suggest it. For the subconscious to be playing a game in reality, but believing you're your character at the same time, and then to not get "lost" in it indefinitely (or be traumatized when your character dies)... eh, not worth the effort IMHO. Just zone out like the rest of us ;)
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby aeroue » July 16th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Unless you were to include something saying you know you are playing a game but you still experience it as if it were real.
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CuteLittleFaery » July 16th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Jacara wrote:I think there's something like this about movies or books, isn't there? Or am I remembering something I saw on the Voting page?

You're probably thinking of these files:

TrigExperience
TrigPicture
TrigStory
CuteLittleFaery
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » July 17th, 2006, 4:52 pm

That's them :) I wasn't sure if they were files or just ideas (I was too lazy to check) :lol:
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis