Whats the best way to 'go under'

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Whats the best way to 'go under'

Postby Kanibal » July 24th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Ok Ive been trying for a few days now with numerous files, all but one are files to help you go into a trance and none of them seem to be working.

The first time I tried, I think I did it, I felt dizzy and I couldnt hear anything but the file playing. The file didnt work.

Since then I havent manged to go into a trance. So whats the most efficent way. I know its diffrent for everyone but whats worked for you?

Whats the best thing to have done previously?
The best place to be?
Time of day?
Mood?

I can relax and I know I can because I do feel very very relaxed but I can get no further. Any ideas anyone. :?:

Also What would be an easy file to practice/test my self on.

EDIT: Exept things like trigfreeze. Sorry if that limits suggestions a bit but I dont like the idea of things Im not in control of. :!:
Last edited by Kanibal on July 25th, 2006, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Re: Whats the best to 'go under'

Postby cardigan » July 24th, 2006, 4:05 pm

You say that you don't like things, you are not in control of. - Well hypnosis is precisely that - you handing over the controls to somebody else.

But you should be relaxed when you listen to hypnosis. Your mind should be at rest and you should be calm and able to focus in your mind.
You should be somewhere where there is no noise, no distraction. You should turn off your mobile phone, take the phone off the hook and be 100% certain that you can do this without being interrupted by anyone or anything.
It doesn't matter what time of day it is, if the above is done. Sit or lie down and relax. Just listen to the voice and let go. You get to go into a light trance at the very least - every single time you do that. With time you can practise this trance and get it deeper. But be prepared to use lots of time and give it many tries. These things take a lot of practise, usually.

Kanibal wrote:Ok Ive been trying for a few days now with numerous files, all but one are files to help you go into a trance and none of them seem to be working.

The first time I tried, I think I did it, I felt dizzy and I couldnt hear anything but the file playing. The file didnt work.

Since then I havent manged to go into a trance. So whats the most efficent way. I know its diffrent for everyone but whats worked for you?

Whats the best thing to have done previously?
The best place to be?
Time of day?
Mood?

I can relax and I know I can because I do feel very very relaxed but I can get no further. Any ideas anyone. :?:

Also What would be an easy file to practice/test my self on.

EDIT: Exept things like trigfreeze. Sorry if that limits suggestions a bit but I dont like the idea of things Im not in control of. :!:
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby getpumped87 » July 24th, 2006, 8:29 pm

if I may ask a tag-a-long question, does anyone have any suggestion on how to clear your mind from thought, I can't help but to be continuously thinking of something, which makes me think of something else, etc.
getpumped87
Regular
Regular

Postby EMGsKink » July 24th, 2006, 8:34 pm

you might try repeating the words in the recording silently to yourself. it helps more than you might think so. after a while, you will get used to focusing on the voice and the other thoughts just seem to drift away.
EMGsKink
Regular
Regular

Postby d2 » July 24th, 2006, 11:09 pm

I just go with my breathing,I ignore everything, even the file, and just say in my head. In....out....in...out

I find that I recieve files better if I ignore them.
Just a person...
d2

Postby Kanibal » July 25th, 2006, 2:15 am

d2 wrote:I find that I recieve files better if I ignore them.

Thats a new one on me. Worth a try I suppose. I think the main problem is, as much as I hate to admit it, Im very impatient. :oops:

cardigan wrote: You say that you don't like things, you are not in control of. - Well hypnosis is precisely that - you handing over the controls to somebody else.

Erm... I meant triggers that I dont control, If you see what I mean.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby getpumped87 » July 25th, 2006, 9:07 pm

last night, mid induction, after I was counted down from 5 or whatever, I decided to test myself and raised my arms and legs....so i guess the past couple weeks of inductions haven't even worked
getpumped87
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » July 26th, 2006, 2:04 am

Thats pretty much what I do, as soon as he says Im doing somethimg, I prove him wrong. :cry: wish I couldnt.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby willingsub » July 26th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Why not decide not to prove him wrong? Hypnosis work because you accept the suggestions you are given, you are sabotizing yourself if you decide to counteract the suggestions. Yes, your subconscious mind can accept suggestions the conscious mind doesn't know you want to accept. But it makes it a lot easier on the subconscious when your conscious mind is on board too, especially when going into trance.

You could try this: even when you think a file doesn't work (for example you think you might be able to move if you tried), just pretend it does work. You might be surprised at how fast make-believe can turn into real results.

Of course, trance doesn't even have to mean you are physically unable to move if you decide to do so. To freely quote someone else on this topic (I can't remeber who, I think someone on this site): "I knew I was capable of moving, in the way I know I am capable of going outside and killing someone with a knife. I just don't want to."
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » July 26th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Exactly. I say in some of my scripts: relax your hand so much that it is so relaxed, that it is unable to move. It is so relaxed that you know you could move it, if you really wanted to, but you just can't be bothered to even try. That's how much I want you to relax your hand right now.

That usually does the trick. You need to play along and convince yourself (and your subconscious) that you really can't move that hand - or whatever it is.

Going into trance is not the hypnotist forcing you and preventing you from opening your eyes or moving your hand. It is you cooperating with the hypnotist to make you go down into a deep, meditative state, where the suggestions - which are the real goal here - can be planted in your mind. Once they are in place, THEY will work.

So fake it a little and play along to beging with, and pretty soon you won't have to play along any more. It will come to you quite automatically.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby AshTR » July 27th, 2006, 1:36 am

Exactly, willingsub! Great post! Try his method and tell us if you get any results.
AshTR

Postby Luperci » July 27th, 2006, 3:13 pm

If this method fails, you might want to try the method that I use which is outlined at
http://warpmymind.com/modules.phpname=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1862
Luperci
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » July 30th, 2006, 7:37 am

Still having no luck with any on the files, even if I pretend they're working :lol:
Does that last link work for anyone else becuse it doent for me.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby Luperci » July 30th, 2006, 8:14 am

[url]http://warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1862[/url]

If this link does not work, go to the General Hypnosis in the Forums, and look at Clearing your mind of annoying thoughts. That is the link that I tried to repost.
Luperci
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » July 30th, 2006, 12:03 pm

It's getting easier but I'm still having troublw with 'letting go'

All the inductions try to make you clear you mind, Every time I get close to doing that I wonder where all the background noise wen, litinf for it again and lsoing the trance.

It just cant seem to think 'nothing' I need something to think about, but without stopping listening. I've tried reapeating the words in my head but I always seem to be able to keep the rest of my mind busy with something else.

I think I may be trying to hard to do nothing :lol:
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Relax

Postby Patch_Winter » July 30th, 2006, 1:54 pm

One way to do it is to concentrate on the way your body feels, the other night when I was trying to go under I sort of felt this pulsing in the top of my head every time that the speaker said something, and I concentrated on how that felt, and tried to keep the sensation going...

If you consciously listen to the words and try to distill a meaning from them, it's not going to be easy to take the hypnosis in, but if you concentrate on, say, merely the sounds that the speaker is making, then it might work out better.
Patch_Winter
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » July 30th, 2006, 3:41 pm

You don't need to clear your head. It's perfectly natural to get all kinds of thoughts, and they won't harm the trance. Your subconscious listens while you mind wanders. That's all. Let your mind wander and relax. Above all - relax, and don't care about loose thoughts. They will cease suddenly. Just keep going, be patient and don't try so hard! :)
Last edited by cardigan on July 31st, 2006, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Kanibal » July 31st, 2006, 1:43 am

Had another go last night, I got that sort of light headed dizzy feeling again. Im getting closer :D :D but still not quite :?
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » July 31st, 2006, 2:01 am

Be patient and keep trying.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby getpumped87 » August 1st, 2006, 1:02 pm

cheers to whoever suggested repeat the words spoken, my internet is too slow for me to look lol. it worked rather well, but I still had pictures running through my head (kinda weird) but my mind didnt wander as much
getpumped87
Regular
Regular

Postby odlid » September 25th, 2006, 3:24 pm

Just a thought ... but... I find having practised meditation in the past is a great help. You shouldn't need to do the whole change religion thing though!
To practise, just try...
Find a comfortable seat which holds your bum at a height where your knees have a 90 deg bend with your feet comfortably on the floor supporting your leg weight. Place one palm on the other (some prefer right over left, but whatever), and let your hands rest like that on your legs. Straighten your back a little more than usual and shuffle your shoulders to get your arms comfortable. Great. Now you're in a good centered relaxed posture. In theory you should be doing clever breathing things, but for the sake of learning how to get to a suggestable state, it's not required. Just keep it slow and regular.
Now the tricky bit. Don't deliberatly think anything. Just let whatever thoughts you have run along and eventually dwindle out. Don't fight them. The same with any noises you hear. Don't get annoyed because a car went past, just experience the sound and let it pass. Some people find that listening to their own breathing is good to zone out, others find that sparks thought processes. Others like a mantra to keep humming. Others just like sitting still and not thinking. The main thing is... If you can reach just 10 minutes of no sigificant thoughts disturbing your relaxation, you've probably cracked it.
There's not usually (if ever) a "dizzy" feeling or anything fantastic happening. It's just you not thinking about stuff for a while.
If you have a fairly stable / happy life, you should be zoning out pretty quick after a week of practising one session a day. Now you know what kind of state you need to fall in to for hypnosis to work most powerfully. Go hit the MP3's!
odlid

Postby Hecubus » September 26th, 2006, 9:47 pm

cardigan wrote:Above all - relax, and don't care about loose thoughts. They will cease suddenly. Just keep going, be patient and don't try so hard! :)

Very very sound advice which I'm hoping works for me at some point... I usually have so many thoughts in my head which I attribute to ADD that I immediately tell myself, "this cant be working... my mind is in too many place... I cant focus" and I give up...

The horrible thing is that when I'm driving - I often go into an autopilot mode when I'm listening to music or even spoken word... Time doesnt exist and all of my responses while driving are automatic without thinking. I would kill to be able to recreate that setting while listening to files - though I havent been able to yet...
Hecubus

Postby aj » September 28th, 2006, 8:55 am

I'm having no results for the older files but the ones with the newer inductions are working well for me :).

I've found, thanks to an explanation during one of the inductions. That you don't have to concentrate at all on the voice. For me anyway. All I did was concentrate on my body and how my body felt.

Even though I haven't had any results yet I'm confident I will. Right now I just love the feeling of relaxing.
aj
Regular
Regular

deep trance website link

Postby LadyJane » October 2nd, 2006, 9:11 pm

www.deeptrancenow.com

I found refrence to this on a different, spiritual related list I am on. I recommend it.

Lady Jane
LadyJane

Postby BillionSix » October 2nd, 2006, 9:39 pm

One problem is that EMGs files tend to use the authoritative voice. This means he is saying, "You will do this" or "This will happen"

This is excellent if you are a natural submissive, and like handing over control.

Ideally, you would need files that used the permissive voice, which phrases things like "You may find yourself doing this" or "You are free to feel or think this way"
These go into the subconscious just as well, without triggering the "Oh, yeah?" response.

Still, if you keep listening to them, they should eventually start to sink in, I think.

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
BillionSix
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » October 3rd, 2006, 8:33 am

I am now listening to the file regularly (once a night) and I still cant get the same trance feeling I had the first time. Its like I've done it once and cant do it again.. :roll:
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby odlid » October 6th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Something else to try for those that might be trying too hard...
Get the body of the script you're interested in (you can use Audacity to cut it out of an MP3).
Get your headphones on.
Set it to repeat in a simple MP3 player on your computer as the only track.
Now load up your favorite computer game and twiddle with the volume. The hypno track has to be audible and understandable, but not loud. The Game's music and effects have to be a little louder, sometimes drowning out the script when you get a loud sound effect.
Now play your game for an hour or so
Your concious mind should be busy playing the game while your unconcious mind listens to the script. A little like a self induced driving trance.
I've only tried this with training scripts, but it does seem to work over time. It's subtle though. I think the sub concious can take a few days before the script decides to kick in and effect your behaviour. The other night I found I'd done pretty much everything suggested in the script without even thinking it was connected to hypnotism.
I'd love to know if this method works for anyone else.
odlid

Postby blakgryf » May 27th, 2007, 12:05 pm

Could that work with music? I listen to a lot of music of all kinds so it would not be hard for me to add the extra tracks. And could it work if I'm just listening and maybe reading?

I like reading. :P
blakgryf
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » May 27th, 2007, 1:06 pm

I would assume it can work with music, but you'd have to be doing something as well. like surfing the net or something.

Trigger Files? would they work the same way, or is that asking to much.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby CWolfCW » May 27th, 2007, 3:05 pm

I think it would work since it's technically still a suggestion.

Whether or not you accept the suggestion though...
CWolfCW
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » May 28th, 2007, 2:43 am

. . . and since I've never accepted any suggestions, I'm still stuck.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby Draygone » May 28th, 2007, 9:07 am

Have you tried any of the deepeners? I'm wondering if I'm not going deep enough, myself. Especially after listening to something like a dream-file where all that happened was that I wound up just lying down daydreaming what I was told (and had to try), still fully aware of my real body and the real world, instead of being immersed in the experience. I saw a file called "Cardigan - Deep Trance" that's supposed to help you get deeper and install a trigger you can use to go quickly into trance. I wonder if that's any good.

EDIT: I forgot his files involve visualization to get into trance. I have to try too hard to visualize anything, so that won't help me. Go ahead and try it for yourself, though.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files