mac subliminal

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

mac subliminal

Postby dustin » August 30th, 2006, 4:48 pm

hi every1 is there a subliminal blaster type program out there for mac osX?
just gt the computer and was just wondering
dustin

Postby mistschaufel » August 31st, 2006, 8:29 am

Not sure if Wine runs on Mac (I would think it runs on osx), but Subliminal Blaster works with Wine on Linux. Subliminal Blaster Pro (the pay-for) is glitchy with Wine, but works well with Crossover Office.
mistschaufel
Regular
Regular

Postby mistschaufel » September 10th, 2006, 2:29 am

Out of curiosity, I just checked...Wine supports mac osx. Check it out at http://winehq.org

BTW, it's open-source (free as in beer)
mistschaufel
Regular
Regular

Postby dustin » September 14th, 2006, 6:23 pm

thanx but my comp is still g5 so it still wont work
ty anyways
dustin

Postby homerj1620 » September 16th, 2006, 2:55 pm

dustin wrote:thanx but my comp is still g5 so it still wont work
ty anyways

There is Darwine which uses Qemu to emulate the x86 architecture, but I haven't had any success with it on my PowerBook. The only thing I ever tried was FatFreeERD (for entity relationship diagrams) but it didn't work. I was hoping it would as it works very well on regular Wine under Linux. That was over a year ago, though, so things may have improved.

Just keep in mind Wine is very hit and miss.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby mistschaufel » September 17th, 2006, 4:09 am

There is Darwine which uses Qemu to emulate the x86 architecture, but I haven't had any success with it on my PowerBook. The only thing I ever tried was FatFreeERD (for entity relationship diagrams) but it didn't work.

I am not familiar with Darwine, but if is basically qemu, which is just a kernel mod to emulate hardware and not software, you would need to install an operating system. Did you install Windows or Linux, in your Darwine? Qemu doesn't always work for all programs...has limitations, particularly when running Windows. I can run Ubuntu or another Xandros in a qemu box without problems, but when it comes to Win98, some programs are suboptimal or don't funcion...for example, Virtual Hypnotist is practically worthless under qemu.
mistschaufel
Regular
Regular

Postby homerj1620 » September 17th, 2006, 5:56 pm

mistschaufel wrote:I am not familiar with Darwine, but if is basically qemu, which is just a kernel mod to emulate hardware and not software, you would need to install an operating system.

Qemu works in two ways. One is the full system emulation you're thinking of. The other is similar to the way Rosetta works. Both ways are completely userspace (unless using the accelerator). Quoting the Qemu site:

QEMU has two operating modes:

Full system emulation. In this mode, QEMU emulates a full system (for example a PC), including a processor and various peripherials. It can be used to launch different Operating Systems without rebooting the PC or to debug system code.

User mode emulation (Linux host only). In this mode, QEMU can launch Linux processes compiled for one CPU on another CPU.

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/about.html
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis