Two questions about trance and triggers

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Two questions about trance and triggers

Postby railswede » October 15th, 2006, 3:23 am

I have now used some of the files here for a month, and I feel I am really getting deeper into trance, but I have some questions about it.
If they have been asked before, I hope you forgive me and perhaps someone still canm answer them.

1. Today I tried Deepening2 followed by TrigSlowWomanChange. I have the bodies in my MP3 and played the second directly after the first and yes, ended with awakening.
I didn't hear when the first file ended, and the second started, because I was in my mind on a ferry out at sea for a while, but came back to the file shortly after that. Is that what is described as "the mind is wandering", or is it just dreaming and not letting the files take effect?

2. Nowadays when I wake up from a trance, I feel dizzy for a couple of minutes. This, I have read, is perfectly normal, but is it normal that if I try a trigger when still feeling dizzy, it doesn't take as good as if I wait till I feel more alert?

/Railswede
railswede

Hypnosis and Triggers in General

Postby MegaMaster » November 24th, 2006, 2:09 am

Usually what time you are distracted or tired. It is usually Harder to go into Trance than it is What time you are Alert. That is not to say that it is Impossible to go into Trance. It is just Harder.
MegaMaster

Postby railswede » November 25th, 2006, 4:26 am

Which of the questions was that an answer to?
I can't see any connection to neither of them.

/Railswede
railswede

Postby Shademaster2 » November 25th, 2006, 7:27 am

To answer question 1, the fading out effect is a sign of your conscious mind letting go...IE you went into a deeper level of trance. Thats a good thing because it means the suggestions are going right to your sub-conscious. People have a tendency to go up and down during a hypnosis session which is why you tend to fade out then fade back in.

For question 2, when you first wake up from a hypnotic state you are often still at least partially in alpha...which is why a hypnotist always asks if you are ok and makes sure you are focused and completely awake.

I suspect that trying to use a trigger you just installed while your sub-conscious is still adjusting to the internal changes would have two potential effects...one, if the sub-conscious hasn't finished making all of the changes, the trigger would probably be as you have noticed, less effective...and two, if you are using the trigger to Prove it to yourself, your focus could potentially weaken the trigger, depending on whats going on in your mind.

Rob
Shademaster2

Postby railswede » November 25th, 2006, 8:17 am

Thanks!
Much obliged.

/Railswede
railswede

Return to General Hypnosis