physical effects

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

physical effects

Postby redmollie » November 21st, 2006, 9:26 pm

I've experimented with hypnosis for years, with varying degrees of success. But the one that confuses me the most is the different levels of success I have with physical effects. I can have someone make me come and do all sorts of sexual response, and things like having magnets on my knees so I can't shut my legs together, that kind of thing. Yet when it comes to things like having helium balloons tied to my hands so that they float, or typing unconsciously, that stuff just doesn't work. Any ideas?
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » November 22nd, 2006, 7:55 am

Welcome to WarpMyMind, redmollie.

Even though you're new to WMM - the message you posted says you've been experimenting with hypnosis for years. And that makes me feel better about something.

Your posting goes on to say the helium balloon induction/deepener doesn't work for you. It doesn't work for me either.

* Before a hypnotist begins working with me live (webcam), I tell them upfront that this specific method isn't a good one for me.

* When working with an MP3 that incorporates this method, I focus on how much I want the change and focus on trusting.
Maybe someday in the future, I'll be able to transcend the limits of real-life experience. But for now, it's enough to be able to go deep into trance and experience wonderful change in my life.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the group, redmollie. It was valuable to me.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby redmollie » November 24th, 2006, 12:22 pm

This isn't exactly the same area but it's also a physical effect and I don't want to clutter up the forums with 87 little different teeny questions.

I've been listening to the mp3s every night for a week or so, and the last couple of nights, I've had a 'restless leg' problem on the right side, where my leg gets all twitchy and really interfered with my going into a trance deeply. I was pointing my toes last night, trying to solve the problem, so much that my calf muscles are sore today. I did eventually lie on my side -- a position that I know is nonoptimal -- and did eventually get past it and go further, and when I was done my leg wasn't twitchy at all. I'm wondering if this is some sort of resistance thing and, if so, if there are any suggestions (ha) about how to deal with it. thanks.
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » November 24th, 2006, 4:48 pm

Twitching muscles, that distract you from going into - or maintaining a trance could indeed be your subconscious that is trying to prevent you from doing something it does not feel safe doing.

You might try listening to a file where you don't go into trance, but that will prime you for trance instead and make you more susceptible. I'm thinking of files like Suggestible or Cardigan - Suggestible - depends on which voice you prefer to listen to. This file will make you accept going into trance and pave the way. You can play it in your headphones while you work with something else and just let it find its way into your subconscious - and it will! Then next time you try a regular induction, maybe your leg will not twitch, and you will be able to enjoy real trances better.

Oh - and thank you for the kind words in another string!
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby redmollie » November 24th, 2006, 4:56 pm

thanks.
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby redmollie » November 26th, 2006, 8:55 am

I had listened to SuggestiveTranceTrigger a couple of times and it didn't seem to do much for me.

Last night I listened to VisualizeHelp first, then TrainSusceptible, then Enhancement and Acceptance, DeepTrance, and Deepening 1 and 2, and I didn't notice any leg twitching problems. I don't know whether it's because I acknowledged it or what. I then listened to a couple of files on lucid and erotic dreaming.

The good news is I went out pretty quickly and easily; I don't even remember several of the MP3s at all and my body felt extremely relaxed and didn't have any leg twitches. The bad news is I don't recall any dreams, erotic or lucid or otherwise. I'll keep working on it though.
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » November 26th, 2006, 9:18 am

Give it time. It takes a lot of practice! :-)
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Ys » December 16th, 2006, 10:48 pm

Isn't the helium balloon / 5 pound weight exercise a convincer ("yeey hypnosis does have an effect on me!") while at the same time allowing you to find out which type of commands the subject's unconscious likes best / reacts best to (eg. authoritative commands "You will go into a deep trance" vs. permissive commands "You may find yourself floating deeper.. deeper and deeper sinking right into what it is you don't know yet etc. pp.") ?

And yeah, even though I'm being a pretty good trance subject usually I usually get a better response from the heavy hand than from the light hand ;)

Ys
Ys
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » December 17th, 2006, 3:34 am

Well, a light hand is always going to take more work. You have to have the subject's arm use muscles unconsciously, whereas a heavy hand is just a hand that follows gravity down. A very good way to put reluctant people into trance is as follows. Use it on the ones who - for some reason -will try to fight you. Place he or she standing or sitting upright and tell them to hold one arm out horisontally, with the palm of the hand upwards and form a fist. Now tell them that their hand is getting heavier and heavier - and so forth, and that it will start moving downwards and continue downwards. And the further down it gets, the deeper they will go into trance, and the moment the hand reaches their side/lap, they will let go completely and just fall into the deepest trance possible. They will try to fight, and for a while the hand remains horisontal. But not even Superman can hold his arm out indefinitely (well maybe Superman, but nobody else :P ), so at some point the arm begins to drop. Then continue suggestions about going further and further down, and repeat suggestion about falling really deep when the hand has reached the end of the line, and you will have him/her - hook, line and sinker! A bit cruel, but hey - who started?!
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Ys » December 17th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Hehe, so true..
It's like interlocking your fingers while stretching out your arms as much as you can.. And then try in vain to separate your hands.
Of course your unconscious is the locking factor..

Gotta love fooling the "allknowing almighty and usually very stupidly acting god of you" (aka the conscious mind.. or what it thinks it is) ;)

Ys
Ys
Regular
Regular

Postby redmollie » December 17th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Sounds like the Resist Induction (which I had a fair amount of success with as a subject).
redmollie
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » January 1st, 2007, 8:04 pm

One could always causaly link the two together using "the more x, the more y".

ex: "The more your left arm becomes heavier and heavier, the more your right arm will become lighter and lighter only as quickly as you go deep inside to a place where anything is possible when your left hand touches your leg."
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » January 5th, 2007, 6:12 am

Or maybe even the opposite hypnosis. "Your eyes WILL stay open, you Wont go into trance".
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis