heart problem

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

heart problem

Postby tnot » January 5th, 2007, 3:09 am

ive been listening to files on and off for awhile now and ive had the same problem for awhile now; my heart. everytime i get close to going into trance i can really feel my heart beat and it pulls me right out of whatever trance i might be going into. i can tell im really close to going into a deep trance too but i can never go all the way under. im not sure if its due to excitment or nervousness. if someone has any advice on this i would greatly appreciate it
nothing in life worth doing is easy
tnot

Postby whatthe75 » January 5th, 2007, 5:59 am

I had the same problem when i first started using hypnosis.And i found it's a combination of nerves and your muscles relaxing ( which can have an effect of making your chest getting heavier ). But mainly it just sounds like the nerves.

I guess you are trying in a laying down position,as i was at first. Try a few times in a more sitting position so you will get used to trance and not be so worried.Then try it in a laying position.

Dont forget it is your mind that is doing everything.It is not going to harm you.Enjoy.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » January 5th, 2007, 7:19 pm

What do you mean by "I can really feel my heart beat"? Do you mean the pace at which it beats escalates? Do you mean that you become more and more aware of the rate at which your heart beats? Or what?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby tnot » January 5th, 2007, 8:11 pm

my heart beats heavier and heavier untill the point where its almost painful, like a jackhammer beating in my chest. sometimes it throws my breathing off too, and it becomes the only thing i can focus on. (i have no heart conditions that i know off and i dont think something like this would effect it anyway>.<)
it does go away soon after the actual induction part of the file stops and it moves into the suggestion part though.
tnot

Postby Jack » January 5th, 2007, 8:19 pm

Read [url="http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=18379&highlight=#18379"]THIS[/url] post.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Axiom » January 5th, 2007, 8:27 pm

I started using self-hypnosis (SH) to deal with stress. I used to get tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and SH was 100% effective and the only thing that really helped. I also accidentally installed a trigger (slow, noisy exhale) which made me feel more relaxed. I later bought a wrist pulse and blood pressure monitor and found out that this trigger reduces both pulse rate and blood pressure. So I can confirm that induction will affect your heart but for me it's all good.

Axiom
Axiom
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » January 8th, 2007, 7:54 pm

LOL! You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby tnot » January 8th, 2007, 11:25 pm

lol sryy for not replying sooner jack, i read the thread u led me too and i gave it a shot, its helping a bit but i need to work on it more, im not the most patient person but thanks alot for the advice i really appreciate the help
tnot

Postby haxxor56 » January 22nd, 2007, 10:41 am

8O Hi all.
I am just a beginner in this hypno-listening. Before I started I wasn't sure it would work because I dont use the english language more than while surf on the web, and reading documents.
But it showed almost emideatly that it was not the case.
I have tried several inductions, and have noted that those who talk fast and much all the times can feel somewhat stressing.
But that is not a problem.

The problem is as "tnot" describes it.
When I start to relax "more and more" feeling "heavier and heavier" my heartbeat increases gradually. The more I relax, the more heartbeats. They increases both in frequency as in amplitude. That is very disturbing. I am sure I reached the hyperspace yesterday, and I felt great and happy
during that session.

I tried to ignore that hammering, but it was very disturbing.
Can it be my subconscius mind that gets excited, while my conscius mind relaxes and those couple starts a war over "who shall be in charge"?

My knowhow in psychology is very limited as I am an old engineer, used to electric problems.
Just cant do any better analysis than that.
haxxor56

Postby Jack » January 22nd, 2007, 7:52 pm

Are you sure that your heart is beating faster? By that I mean, have you timed or had timed for you while you were trancing the rate at which your heart beats before/during/after? Otherwise, I think it might be an increase in your awareness of the sound and the sensation that goes through your body with each beat of your heart.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby haxxor56 » January 23rd, 2007, 6:11 am

:) Thanks Jack, for answering.
Yes I am sure. I have a frequency about 55-60 when I start, and it increases to some 90-100 when the effect sets in. I go very warm also, and I can feel it afterwards in my cheeks, that they have achieved redness during the listening. It never happens with a file that dont take effect. I can also sense my bellymuscles going tensed, and that is even worse to get rid off. Perhaps these effects will decrease, while frequent practising. Yesterday when I listnened to "train susceptable" it wasn't that intensive as before. Maybe I should get more and more used to that file, and the sensation disappear by itself.
However, nothing can keep me from practising, though I feel so great beeing in trance. It is like another dimension of awareness, and I think my brain loves to have that fun. I got almost bodyless, with broadband contact with the voice. 8O
Give peas a chance
haxxor56

Postby haxxor56 » January 26th, 2007, 2:37 pm

:roll:
Correction. when I mentioned puls frequency i meant strokes per minute.
If we deal with Hz it would be about 0,95 Hz at begin, and 1,6 Hz when the trance sets in. An increase of some 60%.
Give peas a chance
haxxor56

Postby Jack » January 27th, 2007, 2:18 am

Can we get an update on how things are progressing with you?
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby tnot » January 28th, 2007, 5:24 pm

an interesting thing happened today, i was trying to mediate laying down and after about 15-20 mins of it i went into the state i assumed was the begginings of a trance that i usually get from listening to the files, the only difference was no heart problem, my heart beat didnt get heavier, it didnt get faster or anything. about 20-30 seconds after this happened though i sort of awoke from this. does that mean i wasent really going into trance or something? or did realizing i was going into trance awaken me? im so confused !! lol
tnot

Postby Jack » January 28th, 2007, 9:08 pm

There are natural biorhythms' that animal bodies follow. You aren't consciously aware of it(usually), but you go in and out of trance states many times every day.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby haxxor56 » February 7th, 2007, 7:12 am

Progress information:
There are two news. One good, and one bad.
The good one, is that my heartbeat has slowed down.
The Bad one, is that I can't reach that trance-state anymore.
Perhaps they hang close. I may have developed a resistance to trance, and therefore I don't notice any increased heartbeat.
However, I continue listen. :?
Give peas a chance
haxxor56

Resistance.

Postby Mari4199 » February 7th, 2007, 12:52 pm

I don't know if this will help or not tnot but i hope it does. When a person experiences increased heart rate, trouble breathing, muscle spasms and the lot when trying to go into trance it is usuallly a sign of some hidden resistance to going into trance. Maybe you have some sort of subconcious fear you are not aware of that is keeeping you from going fully into trance. Clinically its quite common. The only way around this is to keep trying and eventually show your subconcious mind that it is not a bad thing and that it is actually a good experience. I have read of many clinical hypnotherapists having the same problem getting certain individuals into trance. It usually involves a fear of loss of control. :)
Sound is the future.
Mari4199
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » February 8th, 2007, 12:22 am

If it is the fear you are mentioning then maybe you need to go to a good hypnotist that will pace you before he starts his induction so that your unconcious mind will feel at ease.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby blablablabla » June 19th, 2007, 9:46 am

yeb and be sure you can't be disturbed at all
blablablabla

Postby tnot » July 10th, 2007, 2:50 am

well ive finally had some success, ive been practicing the files quite a bit and i thought i was going into trance but now im sure ive deffinetly been in a good trance. the way i over came my problem was actually just by focusing more on relaxing then on my heart, it took awhile for me to do it but ive never experinced anything like trance before. good luck to anyone who has this same problem cause it took me a loong time to get over it but dont give up
tnot

Return to Help with Files