That last step down

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

That last step down

Postby SayerAmorak » January 20th, 2007, 7:38 pm

Hey, this is the first time I'm posting. I've been digging through the forums trying to find tips and have found a few, but I thought it might also help to describe what specifically I'm having trouble with.

I've always been one of those people who has trouble falling asleep with a lot on his mind. This same overactivity is making it hard for me to feel like I'm truly getting hypnotized. The best luck I've had so far is with the deepening file, and I do feel like my body gets so relaxed, heavy, etc. I know I'm at least partway there. But my brain is just so active, I never feel like I totally am "obedient".

Besides continuing to listen and practice, are there any tips on what I can do? I've tried doing it when I'm very tired a couple times, but I feel like I actually doze off dreaming about other things, instead of listening to the file.

Also a separate question... is it bad to go back and forth between files? I have a few different ones that interest me, both behavior and transformation, and being new I guess I've been curious and trying various ones. But as I said, the closest I've gotten so far is with the deepening file...
SayerAmorak

Postby Baphijmm » January 20th, 2007, 9:23 pm

I've been consistently having the same problems as well, except that I tend to vary between wide awake and completely asleep. Unfortunately, I've yet to find the help necessary, either. Just felt like throwing it in there though, that you're not alone.
Baphijmm
Regular
Regular

Postby RedruM » January 21st, 2007, 3:45 am

yep same stuff here, I truly find the best time to listen to a file is just after a good sleep or mid day nap, thats when I've had the best results anyway.
RedruM

Postby cardigan » January 21st, 2007, 4:39 pm

If you feel that you "doze off dreaming" in the middle of a file, then this can be a good sign. If you mean that you suddenly discover, that your brain is thinking about something other than the file, then this is actually good! You see - the file wasn't made for your conscious mind, but for your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind could be listening with all its might, but this is boring your conscious mind, because it has nothing to do in the meantime. So you consciously start thinking if you remembered to put out the cat, or take that book back to the library on time or something else. And this is normal and alright. Just relax, let your conscious mind wander and just trust your subconscious mind to get the message. It will - in my experience.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby aeroue » January 21st, 2007, 8:17 pm

So you are saying, even if my mind is racing through random stuff quite awake, I will still be 'listening'.

Sometimes when I trance I feel the heaviness, it's not that I can't move, if i try I can, I just don't want to, but my mind is not paying attention I then find myself thinking damn I screwed it up again. As you said I would just very suddenly notice I don't know what was said anymore. Do you think I am in trance?

Cardigan by the way your induction is very good.
aeroue
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » January 22nd, 2007, 1:19 pm

Thank you!

And yes - you might easily be in a light trance. Just try not thinking the 'damn' and carry on listening.

If after some trys you get to a point, where you zone out and can't remember what has been said, and you still wake up, when the file tells you to, you were Definitely in a trance - albeit maybe a light one.

So two important bits of advice:
Keep on listening several times
Don't be discouraged

Good luck

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis