while I sleep

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

while I sleep

Postby alexander » April 4th, 2007, 11:08 pm

I cant seem to listen to a file while i sleep because it disturbs me so i was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions as to how to listen to a file while i sleep?
alexander

Postby whatthe75 » April 5th, 2007, 12:01 am

ANy files you listened to during sleep would be useless.Sleep and hypnosis are not the same.

WHy cant you use the files how they are intended ( in a wake state )?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Patience_endures » April 5th, 2007, 6:06 am

perhaps he or she is one of those busy types that likes to put every second in a 24hr day to a multi-tasking use?
The faeries it is said
Drop maple leaves into the streams
to dye thier waters red.
-translated haiku from japanese, author unknown
Patience_endures

Re: while I sleep

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 5th, 2007, 7:43 am

alexander wrote:I cant seem to listen to a file while i sleep because it disturbs me so i was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions as to how to listen to a file while i sleep?
Welcome to WarpMyMind, alexander.

When I was new to hypnosis, I tried the same thing. My experience was the same as yours - unsuccessful. I got neither the sleep I needed nor the hypnosis-induced changes I wanted.

I began getting better results when I returned to my normal bedtime habits and added a couple of "hypnosis naps" during the day (AM & PM).

The best of luck to you as you explore!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby alexander » April 5th, 2007, 8:14 am

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:
alexander wrote:I cant seem to listen to a file while i sleep because it disturbs me so i was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions as to how to listen to a file while i sleep?
Welcome to WarpMyMind, alexander.

When I was new to hypnosis, I tried the same thing. My experience was the same as yours - unsuccessful. I got neither the sleep I needed nor the hypnosis-induced changes I wanted.

I began getting better results when I returned to my normal bedtime habits and added a couple of "hypnosis naps" during the day (AM & PM).

The best of luck to you as you explore!

thanks man but what do you mean by hypnosis naps?
alexander

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » April 5th, 2007, 8:23 am

alexander wrote:
thanks man but what do you mean by hypnosis naps?

Laughing at myself here! I should've been clearer.

The time I set aside for listening to my hypnosis MP3s... I approach it with the attitude that it's a nap. This attitude helps my conscious mind let go.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » April 6th, 2007, 4:55 am

lol i agree - i have my afternoon naps.... ooops sorry hypnosis sessions, feels like a nice 20-30 minute rest from the world.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby alexander » April 6th, 2007, 11:48 pm

i forgot to add that there is this kid i know on another forum who listened to a furry file whilst he slept without the induction part and he said that when he woke up he felt the effects. so i was thinking that it would work since it worked on him.
alexander

Postby whatthe75 » April 7th, 2007, 6:08 am

How exactly did he "Feel" the effects?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Lissar » April 7th, 2007, 7:43 am

I usually fall asleep during the induction of a file, or at least during the first file in a playlist, although I usually wake up during the wakening. However, since I never want to get up afterwards, I end up taking wicked long naps. Since I don't have a lot of time for naps, and since they make it harder to sleep at night, I prefer to listen to files when I'm going to bed. That way, I avoid insomnia, and I don't lose precious hours in the daytime napping. The only problem with this method for me is that I sometimes wake up during the wakening in the middle of the night. But I fall back asleep right away.

I haven't had any problems with effectiveness, I don't think. I think that the files I've listened to may be more effective because I've listened to them while sleeping.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » April 7th, 2007, 11:17 am

Lissar wrote:I usually fall asleep during the induction of a file... I usually wake up during the wakening.
I could be wrong, but I routinely tell people that if they're "going to sleep" in the right spot and "waking from sleep" in the right spot, that they're really in trance.

Many people report that the physical sensations of relaxing and the effects of focused concentration and possible memory effects are very, very similar to sleep. There's a reason that lots of hypnotists instruct clients to "go to sleep" and use "sleep" as a codeword for trance.

Another interesting point is that if you're hearing the file's "payload" within about ten minutes of really going to sleep, it's the same as being in trance, at least as far as your brain's electrical activity is concerned.

Regardless all that, if you're getting what you want, then you're getting what you want, eh?

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Lissar » April 7th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Well, the reason I say that I'm going to sleep is that I can be in trance and still be conscious, just incredibly relaxed. For example, when my boyfriend uses my trance trigger (YAY, it's finally working), I just relax a ton and feel very distant, stuff like that. It's also very hard to talk; I have a hard time talking above a whisper. So I know that there's a difference in the level of trance, and the deeper level makes me pretty much go to sleep :-)
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » April 7th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Lissar wrote:Well, the reason I say that I'm going to sleep is that I can be in trance and still be conscious, just incredibly relaxed.
That's really all trance is. Some people, sometimes get the feelings you describe where the conscious mind entirely checks out. For most people, it's just closing your eyes, relaxing and listening.

Here's the "Trance Simulation" from my classroom training.
    Instructor: "Anyone want to find out what trance feels like?"
    Class: "Yeah!"
    Instructor: "OK. Sit back. Relax. Close your eyes."
    Class: ...
    Instructor: "Now open 'em. How'd you like it?"
What most people who show up looking for "trance" seem to be expecting is more like the zombification process in Voodoo. (I can do that, too, but trance is really more useful. The supplies are cheaper, too.)

You know what you're doing, Lissar. As long as you're having fun, you're doing it right. (The corollary of that, for those reading along, is that if you're not having fun, you should try doing something different.)

-- Blink

Most important lesson learned during my training in hypnosis: diminished expectations are the key to happiness.
Blink
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files