A Challenge for all Hypnotists

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

A Challenge for all Hypnotists

Postby Marjask » December 12th, 2007, 5:22 pm

If there is anything close to an unhypnotizeable subject, I likely would fit the profile.

For many, many months I have been listening to the most praised files on this very site, including Lutz's famed Bubble Induction, with little to no results.

That's hardly to say I'm giving up. I'm still going to pursue my chosen course.

However, to all willing hypnotists, I offer you a challenge that you may pursue at your own leisure: Successfully hypnotize me, and you will be the first to ever do so. However, I'm not particularly into hypnodomination; only transformative effects that can be brought on by hypnotization.

If you wish to take me up on this challenge, please send me a PM.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » December 13th, 2007, 5:37 am

How exactly dont you go into trance? Be more specific.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Re: A Challenge for all Hypnotists

Postby thisguy » December 13th, 2007, 1:07 pm

Marjask wrote:
For many, many months I have been listening to the most praised files on this very site, including Lutz's famed Bubble Induction, with little to no results.

That's hardly any criteria for such severe conclusions. You might have some point after somebody you trust has tried to hypnotize you personally. Just that something general does not work on you even after you honestly tried is just a sign that you are not a standard nut to crack.

This does not mean you would withstand well aimed hit with a hypno-hammer :)
thisguy
Regular
Regular

Postby Marjask » December 13th, 2007, 6:46 pm

whatthe75 wrote:How exactly dont you go into trance? Be more specific.

I simply don't go into it. I'm laying in bed, listening, but I remember and hear everything they say, and nearly unintentionally memorize what the hypnotist says, to a point, without any effects.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby lauramcan » December 13th, 2007, 7:33 pm

The best advice i've ever gotten is to not try. Kinda hard, i know. try listening right when you get home or when you really need to relax. Chill out like you normally do for 5 minutes or so, then slip the earphones on and just keep chilling out. You've heard the file over and over. its gotta be pretty boring by now. Think about something else if you want and when you feel like it, let your attention drift back to the words. Don't force anything- concentration or otherwise. Also, consider your senses. For me, visualization isn't too strong. I can't "see myself walking down a wide staircase", but i can feel sunlight and sand weighing on me.

I also totally agree with "thisguy" about the trust issue. I've heard files from people that i thought just sounded a bit shady- couldn't go under. I had to find a voice that i liked, could listen to, and was simply relaxing.

Try Blink's files. The induction is 100% clean and you can used to the voice. Super easy to zone out. Then try good boy/girl. It uses some of the same elements as the induction.

Good luck!
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby Blink » December 13th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Marjask wrote:If there is anything close to an unhypnotizeable subject, I likely would fit the profile.
I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby lauramcan » December 13th, 2007, 7:39 pm

Blink wrote:
Marjask wrote:If there is anything close to an unhypnotizeable subject, I likely would fit the profile.

-- Blink

Haha great timing with the quote, Sir. In the same minute that I tell her to listen to your files, you post on the same message. Its like you read my mind.

Scary!....
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby hexagon77 » December 13th, 2007, 8:06 pm

You sure he reads your mind and does not control it? *j/k*

Sorry could not resist ;)
hexagon77
Regular
Regular

Postby Marjask » December 13th, 2007, 9:49 pm

Blink wrote:

-- Blink

That helps...

lauramcan wrote:The best advice i've ever gotten is to not try. Kinda hard, i know. try listening right when you get home or when you really need to relax. Chill out like you normally do for 5 minutes or so, then slip the earphones on and just keep chilling out. You've heard the file over and over. its gotta be pretty boring by now. Think about something else if you want and when you feel like it, let your attention drift back to the words. Don't force anything- concentration or otherwise. Also, consider your senses. For me, visualization isn't too strong. I can't "see myself walking down a wide staircase", but i can feel sunlight and sand weighing on me.

I also totally agree with "thisguy" about the trust issue. I've heard files from people that i thought just sounded a bit shady- couldn't go under. I had to find a voice that i liked, could listen to, and was simply relaxing.

Try Blink's files. The induction is 100% clean and you can used to the voice. Super easy to zone out. Then try good boy/girl. It uses some of the same elements as the induction.

Good luck!

I'll try the files, but as for with the not forcing and things, that's precisely what I'm doing. I'm not trying to do what the files say, or go into trance. I'm just relaxing and chilling out.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » December 14th, 2007, 4:14 am

so you sit there listen to the whole file - remember some of it some times.

Are your eyes closed?

Do you have any desire to move? If you do, do you move?

Do you listen to the whole file and then get up when the file is finished?

What do u expect trance to be like?

Answer these questions and i'll tell you if your trancing or not.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Marjask » December 14th, 2007, 4:09 pm

whatthe75 wrote:so you sit there listen to the whole file - remember some of it some times.

Are your eyes closed?

1. I listen the whole file through, but do not trance. I know this because when I listen it through casually (not comfortable, no chance of going into trance), it's the same thing.

2. Yes.

3. Only sometimes. In those cases, I still don't move.

4. I expect trance to be a sleep-like state in which I do not recall what the hypnotist said for the moment that I was in trance, and yet I feel the effects of said file, if only slightly, as well as the trigger doing at least something.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » December 15th, 2007, 12:20 am

Marjask wrote:
whatthe75 wrote:so you sit there listen to the whole file - remember some of it some times.

Are your eyes closed?

1. I listen the whole file through, but do not trance. I know this because when I listen it through casually (not comfortable, no chance of going into trance), it's the same thing.

2. Yes.

3. Only sometimes. In those cases, I still don't move.

4. I expect trance to be a sleep-like state in which I do not recall what the hypnotist said for the moment that I was in trance, and yet I feel the effects of said file, if only slightly, as well as the trigger doing at least something.

OK thanks for your answers which to me sound like you are pretty well tranced. I will explain why. Your eyes are shut that means at some point you were either instructed to or you just did it.If you were instructed too and you did it that means you are responding to the file,hence not resisting and doing as you are told.If you werent instructed too and did it anyway and your werent in trance why would you lay back for 20 minutes with your eyes closed consciously.

You say in some cases you want to move but you dont actually do it. That is the 100% proof to me your in a trance.You conciously want to move, but you dont. What do you think is stopping you.Your answer gave a very good example of what trance is like.you can conciously be thinking of other things like " for example - i am bored i want to move and stop this" but you dont.Thats because your subconcious is listening and wont let you.

As i have put in quite a few posts here many people seem to believe that trance is a floaty experience where you dont remember whats going on, and yes it can be.But only in a few cases and normally if your told too in the file. The more you listen to the files the more your mind will become used to going into a trance and allow you to go deeper.So what you have explained to me is that your entering a light trance.So the more you listen the more you will go deeper with each listen. When you get into the deeper stages of trance that is when you normally dont remember what is said.

Lastly another "myth" ( sorry best word i could think of ) is that the files effects will be instant. The more complex the suggestion is, the more times you have to listen to it to work. The effects of the file will normally creep up on your gradually ( as you said you are experiencing ).

So to cut a long story short you sound like your having the same doubts few people do when they start enjoying hypnosis.You sound like your on the right track. Your enjoyment of hypnosis will increase more and welcome to the world of altered states.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Marjask » December 15th, 2007, 9:06 pm

Erm, actually, the reason I don't move when I want to is because I'm afraid I'll break any chance of achieving the trance, and force myself to remain still, which really doesn't help.

Also, I close my eyes because the lights are out, and once again, in an attempt to actually achieve a trance.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » December 16th, 2007, 2:09 am

So basically no matter what ever i say you will disagree with me?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby TawnieTS » December 16th, 2007, 2:43 am

whatthe75 wrote:So basically no matter what ever i say you will disagree with me?
Well, in the case of him saying he doesn't move his arms, but thinks he willingly could, then he is in a trance state, because if he thinks he can but doesn't wouldn't that be suggesting that hes in a deep enough trance to not do what he wants to do?
TawnieTS

Postby thisguy » December 16th, 2007, 3:08 am

Marjask wrote:.. I'm afraid I'll break .. force myself .. which really doesn't help.

.. an attempt ..

Those are the words you should pay a bit attention before you do anything again:

If you are afraid, nothing will really happen, if it's forcing yourself, nothing will really happen, if you attempt too much, nothing will really happen. Best thing to do is practically "be there" ..at best to follow "somewhere in the distance" what happens, being barely aware.

As long as you take it like some instructional manual for things YOU have to do, nothing will happen. It's completely different part of your conciousness, that you let take control of you, so you knowingly doing something is only disturbing and keeping you in concious state. Attempt less, be less afraid.. agree with yourself, that you want to do it and let it happen, there is no need to attempt or push things.

Trick part is to "discover, that something happens" not to "make it happen".

Weirdly amusing condition to try it out is during napping. If you are feeling kind of sluggish or not well slept during day, go lay down. At this point I usually go to "almost sleep" state, where I kind of sleep, but also mostly hear what's going on around me. Leaving the radio a bit on could be helpful.

Now try to command your hands to go light and float up. DO NOT move them or even TRY to move them.. just try to go crazy repeating how light they are and how they should FLOAT up, not move. Just be in this half sleep place and do nothing except repeating to your hands that they are light and floaty.

If you get your hands kind of rebalance themselves or even twitch a little, you could get a slight clue how it should feel, when you are in trance. It is not "YOU" that does things, it is somewhere inside you, that you let things happen.
thisguy
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » December 16th, 2007, 5:28 am

my thoughts exactly.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby lauramcan » December 16th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Marjask, I really do sympathize with you. It took me so long before I found something that worked for me. Honestly, trance is not really what you expect it to be. Not at first, at least. If you've tried a particular file for a long time and you are seeing no results, try something else. What I might suggest is trying a bunch of different styles- each for maybe a week or so. Do basic files- benign files that aren't overly sexual or anything. Try EMG, Cardigan, Lutz, Blink....they are all different styles and very different voices. Find one that doesn't annoy you. I'm incredibly high strung....little things annoy me very easily, so just finding a voice and style that i could listen to and not want to turn off was difficult! It was only when i found a voice that i really liked that i could enter trance.

Also....and i know i'm going to get yelled at for this....try listening after having a few glasses of wine (1 or 2). Don't do it every time, and don't do it if you're drunk bc thats going to do no good, but if you're like me, one glass of wine is enough to relax you and get you into a blah mood. OR try listening when you find yourself spacing out during the day.

Thats all i got, let us know how it goes :)
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby Blink » December 16th, 2007, 8:36 pm

lauramcan wrote:Also....and i know i'm going to get yelled at for this....try listening after having a few glasses of wine (1 or 2). Don't do it every time, and don't do it if you're drunk bc thats going to do no good, but if you're like me, one glass of wine is enough to relax you and get you into a blah mood.
No yelling from me. Alcohol is one of the things that got Dr. Erickson's thumbs-up as being helpful for inducing trance. I don't have the research (and I'm not going to look it up for you, anyway :P ), but any good university library will have it. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, if I recall correctly, though I don't know the cite. There's also a whole class of pharmaceuticals called sedative-hypnotics. I doubt that the naming was random.

Everyone goes into trance several times a day. The trick is to get it when you want it and to make use of it when you've got it.

There is no resistance. There is only information.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby Marjask » December 26th, 2007, 6:10 pm

A little update for you all that are still watching this topic: minor success, then pretty much nothing. It seems like whenever I listen to a file for more than two days in a row, it just doesn't effect me as much as before. TrigStallion used to leave me forgetting bits of it that I didn't even know had happened, and Blink's basic induction also did pretty much the same. But now, it's just...hmm...I'm not trying or anything, just laying there, listening past the words and paying little attention, and that's all that occurs. I'm gonna keep listening, as always, but that's just a small update.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby phuzzled » January 11th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Marjask,

Reasons why people choose not to enter trance (yes that's right, this is something you are doing to yourself) is because they either lack trust in the hypnotist, have fears and/or misunderstandings about hypnosis and what it is, or are using a poor induction.

I cant really offer concrete advice as you aren't in my office, though I myself found I had to go through different types of inductions before I found one that put my lights out. Progressive relaxation-based inductions are pleasant enough, though for the most part, will bore the living hell out of an analytical person, usually resulting in the falling into a natural sleep because of it (or looking at you like your a crossbred retarded spider monkey).

If a person works through the things I've mentioned above, whether in the form of self-study or visiting a good hypnotherapist, then there is no unhypnotisable person, just an uneducated fearful person.

I found it interesting that over your subsequent posts in this thread, you went from saying you were trying to now "I'm not trying or anything, just laying there". What you seem to be overlooking is fears and miseducation will often sit in the subconcious and be out of your concious awareness, thus, to you, you are doing everything and still nothing happens.

Incidently, I am a qualified clinical hypnotherapist who has helped well over 600-700 people successfully enter into deep hypnosis, in the time I've been practicising, the only people who haven't entered a deep (somnambulistic level) trance state, did so because of a fear they hadn't discussed.

The difference however is all those that enjoyed a deep hypnotic experience took the responsibility for their own mind, and with that went much deeper. Oh, and just to help your own understanding, you enter into altered states of conciousness daily, meaning without you even realising it, you've entered another variation of hypnosis every day of your life. (Got to love a bodies biorhythmic rate).

Hope this helps you on your journey,
Phuzzled
phuzzled

Postby Marjask » January 17th, 2008, 8:17 pm

This has somehow gone from a request for a person to hypnotize me to a bunch of people telling me that the files will work, despite the fact that it is what I am doing, and that I alternate between Blink, Lutz, EMG, and Cardigan every few nights, without a care, because frankly, I have stopped caring about trying to go into hypnosis, and they now serve as merely a means to get me tired enough to fall asleep.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » January 19th, 2008, 6:17 am

Sleep happens when you go too deep in trance.So what you are saying is that they are good enough to get you really deep.

Ok so everyone seems to have got you wrong - me included.

What are you asking for?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Marjask » January 22nd, 2008, 6:14 pm

Any hypnotist that would like to add me to their list of successes.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby Marjask » February 23rd, 2008, 10:55 pm

Giving this a bump, 's been over a few weeks.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Postby Marjask » March 29th, 2008, 8:46 pm

One more bump, should anyone still be interested.
Marjask
Regular
Regular

Return to Meeting Grounds