2 questions

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

2 questions

Postby nystul » May 8th, 2008, 4:21 pm

Hello, i'm fairly new at this, i got to this site yesterday, and it's the first time that i try to do this. I tried the simple files, as recommended, and i didn´t get into trance. Howewer, for a few moments, i felt my arms and legs (and torso for a very brief moment) really heavy and difficult to move.
That means i'm on the right track?

My second question is about language. I'm not english native speaker, but i understand english quite well. Not being english native speaker may represent a difficulty for the files to work on me?

Thanks in advance!
nystul

Postby dharden » May 8th, 2008, 7:40 pm

To your first question, the answer is probably "yes". Trance doesn't feel the same way to everyone, and may not always feel the same to any given person. However, the sort of feelings you describe are fairly common.

In general, one thing you can do with files from this site is skip past the induction and just listen to the suggestions. If you're concerned, you might want to do that to see if there are any phrases or usages you don't quite get.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nystul » May 8th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Thanks for your answer!
i heard a few of them, and the advantage is that they are spoken slowly, making it easy to understand, but my concern is about the "hidden" phrases.
nystul

Postby dharden » May 8th, 2008, 10:35 pm

I don't understand. What "hidden" phrases are you thinking of?
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » May 9th, 2008, 6:40 am

nystul wrote:Thanks for your answer!
i heard a few of them, and the advantage is that they are spoken slowly, making it easy to understand, but my concern is about the "hidden" phrases.

When you use the phrase "hidden phrases", is that the same thing as "subliminal suggestions"?

Subliminal suggestions are ones you barely hear in the background.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby nystul » May 9th, 2008, 8:52 am

Yes, subliminal suggestions, sorry.
nystul

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » May 9th, 2008, 10:15 am

Thank you for explaining, nystul.

nystul wrote: . . . i heard a few of them, and the advantage is that they are spoken slowly, making it easy to understand, but my concern is about the "hidden" phrases.

Please tell about your concern. Is there something you fear?
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby nystul » May 9th, 2008, 1:44 pm

It's not about fear, what i want to know (i'm sorry if i can't explain myself correctly) is that if the fact that i'm not english native speaker would make more difficult to hear and understand the subliminal suggestions. Anyway, if the suggestions are spoken slowly as well, perhaps there is no problem.

I practiced again last night, and i think i went deeper, i felt the heaviness in mi limbs and torso, and my head started to feel like spinning. I'll keep trying.
nystul

Postby dharden » May 9th, 2008, 8:36 pm

Many files here have a subliminal version that's available to premium members. These subliminal versions have the volume dropped to near-inaudibility, then "masked" with a tone or other sound track. These subliminal versions will have a download link labeled "Subliminal", but the normal version of the file should not contain subliminal suggestions.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby nystul » May 10th, 2008, 12:20 pm

Thanks to everyone for the answers!!
nystul

Return to Help with Files