Can't be hypnotized

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Can't be hypnotized

Postby laharppe » June 15th, 2008, 7:06 pm

I am having trouble using self hypnosis and the Virtual Hypnosis program. the audio files don't work at all and when I use virtual hypnotist, i'll start to feel a little "floaty" then poof! nothin! I can't fully relax and clear my mind! I can't shut my mind off! It's frustrating. I really want to be hypnotized but it just doesn't work.

Can anyone help me, and also I have ADD and can't focus for long. Can that be a reason why I can't
stop thinking? And How can i cause myself to relax enough for thypnosis to take effect?he
laharppe

werd

Postby g00se » June 16th, 2008, 2:25 am

Im pretty much in the same boat, I dont really know if it will help you, but weed, helps me a ton.
g00se

Postby whatthe75 » June 16th, 2008, 6:22 am

Its a common misconception that people think your mind is totally blank when under.If anything its the opposite.Your concious mind has to occupy itself whilst the subconcious is listening.Thats all you are doing.It is a good sign.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Kraust » June 17th, 2008, 1:23 pm

Hypnosis takes a lot of practice at first and you do not always see results right away. You need to keep at it and not say things like its impossible or yot will think it is impossible.

At first for me I could not because there was part of me that didnt want to loose all controll. You need to be sure beyond any doubt that you want this to happen.
Wanting also takes practice.

Then again what do I know?
Kraust

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » June 17th, 2008, 2:32 pm

You've said it very well, Kraust.

The first step is desire:
    - something you want
    - something you need

The second step is willingness:
    - willingness to take action; daring to follow your desire
    - willingness to learn and to see things differently
And the rest of the steps?
- They're inside you... distinct & individual as your fingerprints
- They're inside you... waiting to be discovered as you practice
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Re: Can't be hypnotized

Postby spudamore » June 20th, 2008, 7:28 pm

know what trance is.

trance is a state of mind, that is relaxed but fully aware, you become more aware in your mind. but relaxed in your body. instead of using programs and audio files, create a induction script to your liking and memorize it, gives your mind something to concentrate on instead of focusing on shuting down your mind,
spudamore
Regular
Regular

Postby laharppe » June 21st, 2008, 1:06 pm

whatthe75 wrote:Its a common misconception that people think your mind is totally blank when under.If anything its the opposite.Your concious mind has to occupy itself whilst the subconcious is listening.Thats all you are doing.It is a good sign.

kewl :)
laharppe

Postby laharppe » June 21st, 2008, 1:09 pm

Kraust wrote:Hypnosis takes a lot of practice at first and you do not always see results right away. You need to keep at it and not say things like its impossible or yot will think it is impossible.

At first for me I could not because there was part of me that didnt want to loose all controll. You need to be sure beyond any doubt that you want this to happen.
Wanting also takes practice.

Then again what do I know?

I am certain beyond a reasonable doubt.
laharppe

Re: Can't be hypnotized

Postby laharppe » June 21st, 2008, 1:10 pm

spudamore wrote:know what trance is.

trance is a state of mind, that is relaxed but fully aware, you become more aware in your mind. but relaxed in your body. instead of using programs and audio files, create a induction script to your liking and memorize it, gives your mind something to concentrate on instead of focusing on shuting down your mind,

You mean kind of like self hypnosis?
laharppe

Postby loony28 » June 22nd, 2008, 5:21 pm

All hypnosis is really self hypnosis. It is very difficult for someone to hypnotize you if you don't want to be.

I'd like to add something to what Kraust said. It should help you if you suspend your disbelief. Believe that hypnosis works and that it can do what you want it to do.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis