Recording Critique?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Recording Critique?

Postby WickedVoyce » July 1st, 2008, 3:26 pm

I've just written/recorded my first attempt at an original hypnotic script, but I really don't have much experience with hypnosis. I was hoping that I could get a few volunteers to listen to a clip and tell me if they feel the technique to be a success. However, I thought it prudent to ask before posting a link. (Does the forum even permit that?)

Please help?
It's all in the cesurae, baby...
WickedVoyce

Re: Recording Critique?

Postby EMG » July 1st, 2008, 3:31 pm

Yes, feel free to do that, or you can upload it to the site and go from there.

WickedVoyce wrote:I've just written/recorded my first attempt at an original hypnotic script, but I really don't have much experience with hypnosis. I was hoping that I could get a few volunteers to listen to a clip and tell me if they feel the technique to be a success. However, I thought it prudent to ask before posting a link. (Does the forum even permit that?)

Please help?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby WickedVoyce » July 1st, 2008, 3:53 pm

EMG wrote:Yes, feel free to do that, or you can upload it to the site and go from there.

Thank you! I plan on uploading as soon as I get the final touches done, if the reviews of the sample are promising. Otherwise, I go back to the drawing/writing board and try something else.

http://wickedvoyce.com/demo/wvindsample.mp3

I'm also curious as to what most find to be effective lengths for inductions. and awakenings. I know that varies according to the subject, but if anyone is willing to give me a ballpark for what works for them, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks!
WickedVoyce

Postby PS360 » July 2nd, 2008, 12:00 am

What does it do.
PS360
Mentor
Mentor

Postby WickedVoyce » July 2nd, 2008, 12:41 am

PS360 wrote:What does it do.

The sample clip is just a part of a longer induction and an accompanying awakener. I'm wondering if the filters I'm using are effective or just outright annoying. The same goes for inflection and reading pace, since I'm still working on technique and developing a style of my own.

It really isn't necessary for you to listen to the entire clip. First impressions would do nicely. Is it something that you would WANT to continue listening to? Or is it a "WTF! Turn it OFF!" reaction....

I'd appreciate any constructive criticism from those of you who have much more experience than I do with this. I'm very resistant to hypnosis and that makes it tough for me to evaluate it myself.
WickedVoyce

Postby whatthe75 » July 2nd, 2008, 3:40 am

I'd be happy to listen too.I also think it is a good idea for all the titst on here to critique each other.It all helps in everyones learning.I would love to hear critiques about my files too.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » July 2nd, 2008, 2:13 pm

WickedVoyce wrote:I've just written/recorded my first attempt at an original hypnotic script, but I really don't have much experience with hypnosis. I was hoping that I could get a few volunteers to listen to a clip and tell me if they feel the technique to be a success. However, I thought it prudent to ask before posting a link. (Does the forum even permit that?)

Please help?

Congratulations on an excellent first attempt, WickedVoyce. This response tells about factors I evaluated.

- Technical: No technical distractions were noticed. Technical 'enhancement' is used deftly and effectively to emphasize each spoken phrase. I suspect that's what you're asking when you ask whether filters you use are annoying. No. They're a good fit for your voice.

- Hypnotic Skill: The clip is induction, only. Well-formed protocol for trance induction is followed. The style seems to be a hybrid of both permissive and authoritarian. As opinion, I believe this is an excellent approach for recreational hypnosis. Permissive: 'give me your hand' (1:02); Authoritarian: 'you will trust me' (1:33).

- Voice Skill: Clear and easy to understand. Inflection is friendly and appealing - with a sexy edge. As opinion, I believe it's a mistake when an induction excites a listener by using inflection that's overtly 'sultry'. That can be held back for a later in the trance - if appropriate. Greatest strength for this factor: the pacing. Excellent use of pausing after each spoken phrase!
Based on this sample, and on the popularity of the recording "DEV Orgasm for Men with WickedVoyce", you're going to do very well.

In answer to your question about file duration, I try for 25 minutes, total. I prefer short inductions and moderately-short reminder/wakeners (3-5 minutes). For realtime hypnosis, these timeframes don't apply. Realtime hypnosis gives the luxury of inducing / waking at the client's pace.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby WickedVoyce » July 2nd, 2008, 5:26 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote: Congratulations on an excellent first attempt, WickedVoyce. This response tells about factors I evaluated.

Thank you so much! That was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. You've addressed each of my concerns and I'm feeling more confident that I'm on the right track.

I'm concerned that since I don't use a traditional countdown, that my file will feel too short, but I don't want to pad it with verbiage either. It's more of a challenge than I expected. I may just stick to reading prepared scripts after this! :)
WickedVoyce

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » July 2nd, 2008, 8:37 pm

WickedVoyce wrote:
I'm concerned that since I don't use a traditional countdown, that my file will feel too short, but I don't want to pad it with verbiage either. It's more of a challenge than I expected. I may just stick to reading prepared scripts after this! :)

Regardless of whether you choose to read something, you'll need to incorporate a deepener of some type.

You can use a classic like:
    - Descending a staircase
    - Riding an escalator / elevator
    - Counting downward
    - Swinging lazily in a hammock
Or you can compose something that enhances mood and jump-starts synaptic connections to specific types of memories.

Regardless of what you choose, the simplest formula for a trance recording is (in order):

- Intro
    - Induction
    - Deepener
    - Payload
    - Wakener
There's additional structure to learn about when you're ready. At this early stage, it's important to have fun, to learn what's effective, and to genuinely lead subjects toward self-actualization; including the self-actualization of obedience.

I think you might have that well in hand.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby WickedVoyce » July 3rd, 2008, 12:13 am

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:I think you might have that well in hand.

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence. :)

And thanks for the file breakdowns. I sincerely appreciate the advice and will keep them in mind. You've been a great help.
WickedVoyce

Return to General Hypnosis