Are some people unable to be hypnotized

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Are some people unable to be hypnotized

Postby Jordan33 » April 11th, 2005, 8:23 pm

Are there just certain people that no matter what cannot be hypnotized? I have tried and tried many different files and inductions and I haven't "gone under" and none of the files have worked. Is there a way I could change it so that I could be hypnotized?
Jordan33

Postby danmalara » April 11th, 2005, 8:48 pm

It's all in your head, man. Some people cannot be hypnotised, because they don't give in to the suggestions. Those people are the kind of people that don't really belive in hypnosis, and don't trust who ever is going to hypnotise them. Just let go. "Alllllll you really need to do, is just listen to my voice." lol :lol:
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loadedkaos » April 11th, 2005, 9:01 pm

I would haft to agree although some profesionalist beleive that there is a small percentage of the population who can't be hypnotized although I'm sure that percentage is made up of people who have mental disabilities which cause them to have trouble focusing. For most people I think that It's not that they can't be hypnotized it's that they don't want to be hypnotized, or wont. Sorry I don't mean to sound like a motivational speaker but that's how I feel.

My question to you is have you practiced with just one induction file for awhile, or are you just jumping from file to file hoping that you will get it. If you find you are still haveing trouble going under why don't you just copy the script down and make your own recording, I have heard positive things about hearing your own voice hypnotize you, plus you can personalize it even more just a thaught. :wink:
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Guest » April 12th, 2005, 4:44 pm

No I have used the induction file and i don't hop from file to file, I stick with one for quite a while.

Postby loadedkaos » April 12th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Hmm.... Well I've heard that self hypnosis takes practice. I know this isn't exactly the same thing but emg can't go around making files tailor made for everyones personality. So your best bet is just to practice and put those nasty thoughts of being unhypnotizable out of your head.

By the way have you found one induction file that works better than the rest? So far train susceptable works real good on my because the induction is long although I'm still trying to get through the whole thing with out snapping out of trance. I also like the confusion one that induction seemed real good.

Oh yeah if you poke around on the forums and I'm sure you have. You can figure out that your not the only newbie who has these problems. It's just like everything else you go and do. You suck at it at first and you think your not any good. But then one day it just clicks. Atleast that's my take on it.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

ye i got same

Postby Cubeguru » April 14th, 2005, 4:55 pm

hi ye, ive listened to a the inductions loads of times, decided to go to the freeze one, and none work, i think i might not be able to be hypnotised, that or does drinking caffeine affect hypnosis.
Cubeguru
Regular
Regular

Postby loadedkaos » April 26th, 2005, 12:41 am

I beleive that is the small percentage hypnotist talk about as being unable to be hypnotized that and people who don't beleive it works. Although if you beleive it doesn't work than you wouldn't be on this site.... and wasting your time with anything on here. As far as which mental disabilities may cause problems during hypnosis I don't want to speculate. I'm not a neurosurgeon christ I don't even have an M.D.. Although I've been told that I have all forms of dyslexia including taking audio instructions but I've been getting along fine with the program, not the best but I guess everything is a little bumpy in the beggining. As far as the medicated thing goes it would be interesting to know what the effects of hypnosis are with people on adorale(not sure if I spelled it right) or some other focus drug.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby istaivan » June 25th, 2005, 3:51 pm

I think it might be more accurate to say that people with ADD need an induction that engages them actively e.g. an overloading/confusion type induction, since most people with ADD can watch TV and get engrossed, I would imagine. ("People with bad social skills," but once you get them involved in whatever hobby they do besides talk to people or be social, they open up, so there has to be *some* opening ;)....)The opposite pole/conventional relaxation-type of induction is what most people are thinking of as not working, when they speak of ADD people not being susceptible.

One other angle (and I have not myself tried to have someone else do it with me yet) is to do one of the non-verbal inductions like that handshake interrupt one, where they take you and move both your arms up at the same time really slowly (one hand palm upward and one hand with the index finger pointing forward, which have different emotional contexts which is apparently how it works, it confuses the corpus callosum...wonder if it's more effective on women, then, for that reason?), then down, then up again as you stare at something with refracting light (it's on the Bandler doing Bandler 8hour DVD thing towards the beginning, when they have the volunteer do it.) Part of the same idea here would be that kinesic effects like arm rigidity are going to be more convincing that you are capable of going under, rather than whether you know you abstractly went under by verbal stuff alone.
[...that is, for people in this ballpark like myself who are having difficulty with just verbal inductions on our own...the rest of you my hat is off to you if you're successful with the traditional stuff, obviously :P ]

I suspect I have ADD myself, but then so do a lot of people who probably are just borderline and don't have it full-blown :)

I'm just guessing here/none of it is from personal experience, anyone feel free to shoot any of this down if it's inaccurate, including the description of the nonverbal inductions, and I'm interested in more types of N.V. inductions that people know, if any. There was one other pattern interrupt one that they showed with a lady where you go to kiss their hand but stop short, and again it's about moving their arm really slowly at that point and not exerting too much pressure...
istaivan

Return to General Hypnosis