advice on how to get started....

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

advice on how to get started....

Postby rubbermusclepig » November 2nd, 2008, 8:16 pm

I am a newbie to the site, and I have enjoyed exploring it very much over the last few days. :D As a bit of background (if this is important,) I am a gay male, and somewhat submissive by nature. I came to the site looking for information on bodybuilding and hypnosis to assist me to become much bigger than I have been able to achieve as of yet. I have been lifting weights for some time, and am really desirous of taking it to the next level. I have been perusing some of the muscle related files (fairly avidly, I must say) over the past few days. I find that I am (possibly) achieving some sort of light trance, in that I do feel very relaxed, and I seem to lose awareness of my hands and feet. However, my mind seems to remain in a state that (although feels seemingly relaxed) I can only describe as being a little too alert for a true trance. I DO enjoy the feeling of restfulness I get while listening to a file, so I suppose that is a start. I wondered if anyone can advise me on the best way to move along with this. I will practice relaxing, focusing and listening, but any other advice as to how to achieve deeper trances would be greatly appreciated. Also, as to logistics, is it better to start with just one hypnotist, or one genre (i.e. curse vs training vs trigger etc) of file? I don't want to be counterproductive by attempting induction by too many hypnotists or too many different files. Does the answer to this change if the files I want to listen to are related (for example the musclepig series)? I should also say that there are also some sexual and transformative files (I'll go into those in a further posting :P ) that I am thinking of exploring, but again, I don't want to overdo it and screw myself up by introducing muscles and nipples and anal and submission all at once, and making my experience too scattered to be any good.

Thanks for a great site, and thanks in advance for any advice that anyone has.
rubbermusclepig

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » November 3rd, 2008, 10:58 am

Welcome to WarpMyMind, rubbermusclepig.

The community of gay men who enjoy recreational hypnosis is larger than you might suspect. There are even M4M hypnosis conventions (UK & USA). For 2009, Hypnocon USA will be held in Minneapolis during the Columbus Day weekend (Oct 9-11). The focus is on education & socializion - with plenty of time for trancing.

In your posting, you express concern about being too alert for "true trance" and you ask for advice about the best way to achieve deeper trances. That's good. A desire to enjoy trance at a deeper level is good.

I don't know whether you're aware that trance is a skill. It requires practice.

Some people learn it on their own. They find a comfortable place. They reserve time in their busy lives. They find recordings that feel good and that guide them.

Some people learn the skill with the help of a hypnotist. With just one or two sessions, a person can go into a guided trance. When that happens, their subconscious mind learns the way.
A person could use both these methods. And either method makes it possible to search inside yourself for feelings.

- a sense of submission
- a sense of arousal
- a sense of contentment & happiness

rubbermusclepig, each time you enjoy a trance, put all your desire into it. Want it with all your body, spirit and very soul. When you do that, just know that you're taking a step. Each time you listen, and each time you feel the desire, you're taking a step toward becoming the man you wish to be.

Choose wisely. Then, dive into it.

As you sample the style & technique of different hypnotists, you learn. You learn which hypnotists ignite a fire inside you. That's especially important when there's a desire to submit and to be controlled.

When it happens, you'll find yourself going deeper without trying.

Dive into it. Practice becomes skill.

And maybe you're curious now about the different hypnotists you might meet at a convention.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby rubbermusclepig » November 3rd, 2008, 3:48 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy

Thank you for the welcoming message, and for the detailed and thoughtful reply. I appreciate all that you told me.

As I was perusing some of the forums, I DID notice that there was a convention this year that I just missed, so I made a note to be on the lookout for information as to the 2009 convention. Thanks for filling me in on the preliminaries, and I will put it as a tentative in my calendar.

I am SO enjoying diving ito this, as you suggest, as it has been something about which I have been thinking for some time. I agree that this is a skill which takes practice, and I appreciate your comments about sampling different styles and techniques of various different hypnotists, as well as your comments about choice, diving in and putting my whole self into it. I have been starting to do these things, and I have already started to discover which voices (at least in the recordings) have the greatest resonance with me. I also feel like i was able to get deeper last night, so that was very gratifying. Especially as I experienced the three types of feelings/sensations which you discussed. I do want and desire it, so the journey (fresh and new as it is) is very exciting.

And yes, you are correct, I am now VERY curious about the different hypnotists that I might meet at a convention. :D

Thank you again.

rubbermusclepig
rubbermusclepig

Return to Meeting Grounds