Need Help Understanding Triggers

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Need Help Understanding Triggers

Postby saenchen » December 19th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Hello, new person here. Happy to join.

Can someone help me understand Triggers?

I've recently read that one must be cautious in their use but if hypnosis is consensual why the caution? Can't the subject simply say 'no' to playing a trigger out?

For example, lets say I successfully hypnotize my girlfriend and trigger her so that every time she scratches her head she lifts her left foot for 3 seconds. If hours or days later she simply doesn't feel like raising her left foot, can't she just not raise it? Doesn't she still have the power to say to herself 'meh, don't feel like it this time?'.

Or are triggers involuntary?

Or does it depend on the complexity of the action triggered?
saenchen

Re: Need Help Understanding Triggers

Postby FloridaPuppy » December 19th, 2009, 8:53 pm

saenchen wrote:I've recently read that one must be cautious in their use but if hypnosis is consensual why the caution? Can't the subject simply say 'no' to playing a trigger out?

For example, lets say I successfully hypnotize my girlfriend and trigger her so that every time she scratches her head she lifts her left foot for 3 seconds. If hours or days later she simply doesn't feel like raising her left foot, can't she just not raise it? Doesn't she still have the power to say to herself 'meh, don't feel like it this time?'.

Or are triggers involuntary?

Or does it depend on the complexity of the action triggered?

One big thing to keep in mind is that you have to be responsible enough to make sure your triggers aren't likely to put the subject in a dangerous or undesirable situation. "Stop" causing them to freeze in place and be unable to move could get someone killed. You don't want to have them getting triggered accidentally.

To take your own example, imagine her driving and scratching her head... bad thing can happen as a result. So yes, she could override a trigger sometimes, but there are plenty of times where it will just happen before she realizes it.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Postby saenchen » December 19th, 2009, 11:47 pm

Thank you for the reply.

What about more deliberative actions? A real life example - my girlfriend wants to read more and watch tv less.

Her book is usually on the coffee table so lets say I trigger her so that anytime the TV remote is in her hand she loses all desire to watch tv and wants to read instead.

Sounds easy enough but she has a big lead up ritual to watching tv. She gets her soda, a snack, her favorite pillow then sits down to watch. So by the time the trigger hits there's been a lot of time for her desire to watch tv to sink in.

I understand it's more effective to trigger her earlier in that process but lets go with this for a second.

So in that scenario, is the trigger going to be less effective or not work at all? What if she really really wants to watch tv - would the trigger work then?

Sorry for the stupid questions - just trying to understand the boundaries :)
saenchen

Postby Jeshi » December 21st, 2009, 10:45 pm

=/ Well, The reason why things are triggers via hypnosis.

She wouldn't be consciously thinking "Oh, He said stop, I guess I should freeze now." It's a subconscious reaction like swatting a fly or being conscious of your breathing when somebody brings it up.

She can't just decide not to, if it isn't reinforced the trigger might not keep working, But it's not really up to her by the time it's a trigger.

See, going INTO hypnosis in consensual. And if there is something in the suggestions that REALLY disagrees with her then it might jolt her out of trance or she might ignore it. But if it's accepted then it's not really up to her at that point.

Even if she doesn't want something, as long as it isn't really really against her morals then it might not even be ignored or wake her up. Something has to be really strongly against them for it to wake them up or be ignored "Go kill yourself" or "Abandon your religion" or "Strangle this puppy."

But even if a Jock hates studying and wouldn't want to be made to do it more, and they were hypnotized not expecting to be told to study. Then they might end up accepting a suggestion to study more even if they were against it. Because it's not REALLY against their morals or something they hate.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » December 22nd, 2009, 4:29 am

When you implant triggers in others, there are some things to consider:

As has already been pointed out - safety. You might want to implant certain triggers like this "whenever you ex.: scratch your head, and if it is safe for you to do so at that time - and only then, you will lift up your right foot for 1 minute. This will happen completely automatic and without conscious thought. If it is not safe for you to do, then you will at the time just ignore the trigger. However it will still work beautifully whenever it is safe for you to follow through upon it." Something like that.

Next - like with all hypnosis, you can't hypnotize her to do something that is against her belief system, ethics or religion. Neither in real hypnosis nor with triggers. It just won't work.

Finally - she has to accept and embrace the suggestion of the trigger, when you implant it. Ask her "Do you understand and accept this?". She needs to answer yes.

Finally finally - you should test the trigger immediately after she comes out of trance.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby saenchen » December 22nd, 2009, 10:06 am

Thank you kindly for the replies.

How much do external factors impact a trigger?

For example - Lets say my girlfriend is successfully triggered with the bimboslut file and it works wonderfully.

If she has the flu with fever, aches & pains and the trigger phrase is said, I have to imagine she's going to say "oh no way, not now"

or what if she simply had a rotten day at work and really isn't in the mood?

Should a trigger only being activated when external conditions are just right (or acceptably close)?

Thanks again!
saenchen

Postby cardigan » December 22nd, 2009, 11:37 am

Well it's hard to give an exact answer to that. It would depend on several things. for instance:

If the trigger is trained and reinforced with her for a long time, the more she does it, the more it grows on her. Repetition reinforces the trigger, you see.

Also if the trigger ultimately makes her feel hotter, more sexy or something, then her subconscious might decide to ignore pains or things like a bad day: the trigger makes her feel better, you see, and that would be just what she wanted - especially when feeling down or sick.

If the trigger doesn't worsen her condition of sickness or fatigue, then that too speaks in favor of her doing it anyway.

But I think reinforcement is a vital key here.

Then there's also her suggestibility to take into account. They more highly suggestible, the easier it sticks and the better it works.

She is a person - hypnotized or not. No two are completely alike. This has to be taken into account too.

So what I'm saying here is - you'll have to try it and find out! :-)

Good luck

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby iamli3 » January 25th, 2010, 2:59 pm

......id want to post what bad feelsing or w/e reading this caused , but i seem to be kinda out of it today and i have that awsome theme "castle armory" from gautlet leginds playing next to me so i guess i just didn't pay attention enough to be able to consciously make a post about it , i think i can still feel something in my legs though...........
iamli3
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis