Am I susceptible enough?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Am I susceptible enough?

Postby fruity1976 » March 2nd, 2010, 7:38 pm

I understand a bit about hypnosis and from what Ive always thought that hypnosis cant make you really do something that you dont want which is fair enough because I wouldnt be trying the files out if I didnt want to try the things that were in them would I?

Ive been hypnotised before for a few reasons, smoking and personal issues and it has worked for me before so I know I have been susceptible to hypnosis and hypnotic suggestion in the past.

I dont know if its a mental block or not but so far Ive not had much luck. I have only been trying a day or so and only just started using some of the deepening files last time.

Can anyone suggest anything to help? Maybe its just not going to work for me even though I know I want it to or at least I think I do :S
fruity1976

Re: Am I susceptible enough?

Postby cardigan » March 3rd, 2010, 6:18 am

fruity1976 wrote:I understand a bit about hypnosis and from what Ive always thought that hypnosis cant make you really do something that you dont want which is fair enough because I wouldnt be trying the files out if I didnt want to try the things that were in them would I?

Hi! I'm afraid you are mistaken. Hypnosis can not make you do something, that you don't want to do. Hypnosis can help you do things that you are alright with, but that you don't do. Or it can help you overcome inhibitions, that stop you from doing certain things, that you'd really like to do. But hypnosis is not mind control.

fruity1976 wrote:
I dont know if its a mental block or not but so far Ive not had much luck. I have only been trying a day or so and only just started using some of the deepening files last time

Can anyone suggest anything to help? Maybe its just not going to work for me even though I know I want it to or at least I think I do :S

You need to spend more time trying before you give up. And also - I don't know if you are aware of it, but you are actually suggesting yourself some powerful negative suggestions, that can prevent you from suceeding: "Maybe it's just not going to work....".
Instead keep a positive attitude. Everybody able to concentrate for more than 1 minute at a time can go into hypnosis. There's nothing strange or spooky about it, and it does work!

Good luck and don't give up!

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Re: Am I susceptible enough?

Postby fruity1976 » March 3rd, 2010, 6:35 pm

cardigan wrote:
fruity1976 wrote:I understand a bit about hypnosis and from what Ive always thought that hypnosis cant make you really do something that you dont want which is fair enough because I wouldnt be trying the files out if I didnt want to try the things that were in them would I?

Hi! I'm afraid you are mistaken. Hypnosis can not make you do something, that you don't want to do. Hypnosis can help you do things that you are alright with, but that you don't do. Or it can help you overcome inhibitions, that stop you from doing certain things, that you'd really like to do. But hypnosis is not mind control.

Yeah thats what I said :) Sorry am Scottish and I think sometimes Im not very good at explaining things sometimes

fruity1976 wrote:
I dont know if its a mental block or not but so far Ive not had much luck. I have only been trying a day or so and only just started using some of the deepening files last time

You need to spend more time trying before you give up. And also - I don't know if you are aware of it, but you are actually suggesting yourself some powerful negative suggestions, that can prevent you from suceeding: "Maybe it's just not going to work....".
Instead keep a positive attitude. Everybody able to concentrate for more than 1 minute at a time can go into hypnosis. There's nothing strange or spooky about it, and it does work!

Good luck and don't give up!

Cardigan

Yeah you are right there. I know when I had hypnosis for smoking years ago it did work for me so I know it has worked before but it doesnt now, probably because deep down I dont really want to quit but yes I do need to stop with the negative suggestions. I hadnt realised I was doing that tbh because the files I have listened too are ones that I do want to try.

I think I was probably a bit too overeager and listened to too many files at the start so Ill start a fresh and just stick with the one and see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice :)

fruity1976

Postby Alien4420 » April 4th, 2010, 3:10 pm

I just wanted to add to Cardigan's excellent answer that it's easier to go into trance with a live hypnotist than with a file, because the hypnotist can adjust his technique and script based on your response. Still, the files will work marvelously once you're used to them. I can say that with certainty because you've already been hypnotized. Not everyone can be. But since you can be, the files here will eventually work for you.

I'd start with something simple and easy, and something completely non-threatening, since it's a lot harder to go into trance when you're listening to something that you're potentially conflicted about, even if it's something that you want.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Return to General Hypnosis