DPF file from Tommy

For discussions relating to Diapers, Incontinence, Adult Babies, etc.

Moderator: EMG

DPF file from Tommy

Postby rustyrivers » May 1st, 2011, 8:27 am

I noticed that someone has uploaded a DPF file for bedwetting.
Now I am happy to listen, however, I wonder if uploading it falls within the wmm rules. DFP files are not for sale anymore. The company seems not to be in business. Last I heard Tommy the owner was old and sick and was looking for someone to take over the business.

The files are quite effective en if find them verry plessant to listen to. I have one more file "becomming a baby" on my computer from DPF that I found someware on the net and I don't mind to upload that one too. But only if it is within the wmm rules.

What is your opinion?
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

DPF

Postby Duckypin » May 1st, 2011, 10:52 am

Hi Rustyrivers,

I have heard that Tommy has passed away. I would love to hear that file again. But with you, I am interested in WMM protocol.

Thanks,
Duckypin
Duckypin
Mentor
Mentor

dpf bedwetting file

Postby coco123 » May 1st, 2011, 8:50 pm

hi there guys i noticed you were on about the dpf file on here i am the one who uploaded it and then noticed the warning about you could be banned if its not your own file do you think i should remove it or do you think it would be okay to leave it on as you said tommy had passed away and nobody is running the business no more so its nobody's file anymore right
coco123

dpf

Postby Duckypin » May 2nd, 2011, 7:09 am

Coco,
I think it is a good file and am glad you posted it. I would hate to see you banned from the site. I would love to see more of those files posted.
Thanks,
Duckypin
Duckypin
Mentor
Mentor

EMG's call

Postby rustyrivers » May 2nd, 2011, 4:13 pm

I think it is EMG's call. So I sugest you just ask his opinion.
My opinion is that these files might get lost for prosterety (spelling?).
So I think here is a good place for there safe keeping.
If EMG says its ok then i'll upload mine aswell.

Lastnight i really wet the bed listening and tonight I am going for a second helping.
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby Ladon » May 3rd, 2011, 12:54 pm

DPF was the 'original' adult baby organization, back before the internet.

DPF the company has been more or less defunct for years now, Tommy's partner was running things, even so far as taking money and never sending items. The website went down finally last year or so, and so DPF is gone for good.

The CDs were also sold by some company known as Genie's Lamp or something similar, that appears to be gone as well. I have long searched for a good copy of the so-called "Magic Tape" which I liked a lot when I got a partial, bad recording online years ago. I have the Solo-Baby, Complete Incontinence CDs, but they haven't been effective for me, though the quality is pretty good, the voices refer to it being a 'tape' and not a CD, a sign of how old the recordings are. Supposedly, at least one of the voice actors wet her pants when she was recording, and attributed this to the power of the suggestions, but I don't know if that is truly the case.

Originally there were different recordings for everything from bedwetting diapered only to self-triggering full incontinence when diapered, to full-time full incontinence permanently. I have personally never heard of any success with the files other than DPF's propaganda, but YMMV. I DID really like the style of recording on the Magic Tape, so if anyone finds it, I WANT! :)
Ladon
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rustyrivers » May 3rd, 2011, 12:57 pm

dpf stands for diaper pail friends. this was one of the first sites dealing with adult babies and diaper lovers or ab/dl's
it was run by Tommy, who has past away i hear. the site had a webshop and also sold hypnosis cassette tapes. these are known as the dpf tapes.
they are paraliminal wich means they consist of different storylines twined into one recording. in this case a male and a female voice
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby krisndiapers » May 4th, 2011, 11:08 am

I have obtained this recording many times over the years, first with fileshare downloaders (kazaa, sharazaa, limewire). The most recent time was in a ABDL torrent that was full of al kinds of files. The download was 14gb in size
krisndiapers
Regular
Regular

Re: dpf bedwetting file

Postby davelowe1977 » May 6th, 2011, 9:20 am

coco123 wrote:.... tommy had passed away and nobody is running the business no more so its nobody's file anymore right

I'm not sure of the legal situation with this one. Just because the original company has ceased trading does not necessarily mean that some other entity did not purchase the rights to the recordings.

Therefore, I would caution against anyone uploading such content unless they can accurately verify the copyright situation.

Should such material already be on this site, could whoever uploaded it PM me with the copyright details? I'll give it the once over and then contact EMG if required.

Dave
(moderator)
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jobabe » May 12th, 2011, 3:21 am

These DPF files are thr "BEES KNEES", I have been listenigng to files for years from a few places, sadly to no effect, but i never give up trying.
When I want to try and go back to basics, and be a baby, I love the "magic Tape". The womens voice in it takes over and very very easy to listen to.
I have been hunting the net for years trying to find more, just with her voice, see I think my problem of not going under is down to most hypnotic files being male voices, the magic tape and bed wetter from DPF are very easy listening, It would be great to see some of them posted on here. or available somewere like a P2P system.
Like most of you I am a secret DL, no one knows of my fettish but me, I would love to go online and buy some files, but its quite hard when your wife can see your bank statements......
jobabe

Postby demigraff » May 12th, 2011, 3:36 am

Well, there was a [url=http://www.foradultbabies.com]site[/url] which claimed to have bought the rights to all the DPF files; although now their "about us" page says the recordings (same descriptions as the DPF site) are their own and they've been selling them since 1981.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby davelowe1977 » May 12th, 2011, 10:09 am

I'm not convinced either way. From what I've read and researched, the dpf.com website (this being where the files originated) has changed hands 442 times since incorporation in the year 2000. Most recently on the 11th of this month. Therefore, it would appear likely that it is of value, and some of the value might be the files we are talking about.

Foradultbabies.com was set up in 2007 and is selling the DPF files. There is no easy way to verify that they have any legal ownership of them. The reference to 1981 merely refers to them accepting personal/credit card information. They may be trading illegally. I'll email them and try to find out.

My conclusion at the present time is that the files may be owned by other parties and therefore should not be uploaded without due diligence in tracing permission and following the owner's instructions as to citing them properly.

Of course, if you really want these files for yourself, there are ways and means of obtaining them.... It's possible to, for example, ask someone for their email address (only), then email them requesting a link. Provided you do this away from this website, there is no legal problem (except to yourself).

I am not advocating that anyone should contravene any laws.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby demigraff » May 12th, 2011, 11:32 am

If they're actually delivering the CDs/tapes ordered (about which I see no reviews either way), then I'd say its reasonable to assume they have the right to do so. Especially with their "custom" recordings, which I assume must be assembled from a library of modular segments. While it would be possible for a dedicated fan to buy all the options and split them up again, it would be prohibitively expensive (It would take at least 8 orders costing $98 each (+p&p) to acquire all the "choose one" options, plus $200 for the clearing/sleep/subliminal CDs (assuming they're the same for all sets), then 34 optional extras at $5, doubled because you need full sets of both male and female voices; making a total cost of $2388 for a customer to get all the files) - so if they actually have all of the stuff they advertise, they must have got it from someone associated with DPF, at least.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » May 12th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Weighing In.

Since the company that produced the product is no longer in business I will allow people to post the files. Please state that it's a DPF file in the description so that should I be contacted by a rightful owner I can pull them all easily.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby davelowe1977 » May 12th, 2011, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the clarification, EMG. This issue is now resolved as above.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby rustyrivers » May 13th, 2011, 2:50 am

The following link leads to a tributepage for Tommy. It contains an interview with Jerry Springer.
http://absitter.com/post/2011/02/12/A-Tribute-to-Tommie-and-all-The-Diaper-Pail-Friends-(Video).aspx
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby soundexcess » May 15th, 2011, 1:05 am

hey i checked into this and apparently a guy named steven in the uk bought the rights to his ebay id is http://myworld.ebay.com/stevene73/?_trksid=p4340.l2559 , if you order the kit from it comes with a letter signed by tommy transferring the ownership, i can post up the letter if any wants me to. I am not trying to rain on anyones parade here I just don't want wmm or any posters to haft to deal with legal issues.
soundexcess
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jobabe » May 15th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Okay, so lets say Im Stevie from the UK, and I wanted to put some pirate copies of mp3s, or CDs, on to ebay, I could make up a letter signed from THE QUEEN, to say she gave me the right to do so, ,,,,see were im coming from, anyone could do it. :lol:
jobabe

Postby soundexcess » May 15th, 2011, 10:58 pm

I know, it was just a statement of caution.
soundexcess
Mentor
Mentor

Postby radar » May 16th, 2011, 12:13 am

Hi All - My 2 cents.

Unfortunately when they sue you for infringement of copyright, loss of earnings etc. - It wont matter if you didn't believe their letter was real.

Suffice to say if someone claims to have the rights to the file - Unless you can prove otherwise - the file should not appear here for download.
I think if we ignore that a letter exists we are just looking for legal problems.

Cheers
Joanne xx
radar
Regular
Regular

Postby ababy_jeffy » May 16th, 2011, 4:45 pm

It seems like the debate would be over since EMG said ok,,,,,,,,,, and welllll Tommy is passed away and Markey gave up on DPF after Tommy,,,,,,,,, SO whatever?????

Though what I would like to know is what is this file being called here?
Where can I find it?
ababy_jeffy

Postby rustyrivers » May 16th, 2011, 6:19 pm

http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=FilesNewsys&act=fetch&nopage=1&link=10376
is the bedwetting file
and

http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=FilesNewsys&act=fetch&nopage=1&link=10449
is the baby file
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Postby ababy_jeffy » May 19th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Thank you for the links,,,,, but what I was actually wondering is,, what are the file names,,so that I can read what the effects are.

thank you
ababy_jeffy

Copyright

Postby sarnoga » May 20th, 2011, 7:00 am

Hello,

This post is just for informational purposes. I am not trying to amend or alter any policy made by EMG.

Cornell has published on the internet a chart that, if accurate, seems informative for purposes of determining if something is in the public domain or subject to copyright. copyright.cornell.edu

In case you do not feel like going there to see for yourself I think the following information is what is relevant in this situation. It also seems to be fairly close to my recollection. Sound recordings published in the United States after March 1, 1989 have copyright protection for the life of the author plus 70 years. (I had thought it was life plus 50 but I suspect they are correct).

This is how they put it. A sound recording published in the United States after March 1, 1989 has copyright protection until: "70 years after death of author, or if work of corporate authorship, the shorter of 95 years from publication, or 120 years from creation. 2049 at the earliest."

For something published after March 1, 1989 to go into public domain by 2049, the author would have had to have died in 1989.

Assuming these recordings were published after the date above, they are still under copyright protection. If they were published before that date see the chart at the link above.

That of course does not answer the question of who owns the copyright, but the death of the author certainly does not terminate those rights. Unless the copyright holder effectively transferred those rights to the general public, those rights still exist and belong to someone.

The rights to the script for the recordings are seperate from the rights to the sound recordings themselves. They are likely also covered by copyright protection but may be subject to different rules.

I suspect this information is not particularly helpful, but I thought some might find it interesting.

Regards, Sarnoga.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby davelowe1977 » May 20th, 2011, 9:37 am

Interesting Sarnoga. Since I'm both in the UK and a moderator of this forum, I have emailed the person (stevene73) via ebay. Basically, I outlined the legal position that you highlighted and asked for proof of ownership. Whether or not a reply will be forthcoming is a different matter....
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

What about photo's and copyrights?

Postby rustyrivers » May 20th, 2011, 5:59 pm

I am working on a follow up on the video I made with flashing photo's.
I do not know much about copy rights so I post the question here, seeing the topic is on.
The picturs flash for about 0.1 second. Does that fall under copy right aswel. There are all kind of pics used. Thousands actually.
I have finished is but before I upload it I want to check if I am not causing any problems

Hope someone can clarify this for me.

Best regards

Rusty
rustyrivers
Regular
Regular

Re: What about photo's and copyrights?

Postby davelowe1977 » May 21st, 2011, 8:24 am

rustyrivers wrote:I am working on a follow up on the video I made with flashing photo's.
I do not know much about copy rights so I post the question here, seeing the topic is on.
The picturs flash for about 0.1 second. Does that fall under copy right aswel. There are all kind of pics used. Thousands actually.
I have finished is but before I upload it I want to check if I am not causing any problems

Hope someone can clarify this for me.

Best regards

Rusty

We really need an international lawyer on here!

The short answer so far as I understand it, is unless you can prove that the pictures are in the public domain, you need permission of the owner. In other words, the images are likely copyrighted and you can't use them.

However, if you got them from flickr.com or some other place, you may only have to cite the owners (for example with a listing of names at the end of your video - like the credits after a TV show).

EMG's attitude seems to be 'publish and be damned' which is his prerogative. I do not necessarily agree, but this site is EMG's.

So, upload it, tag it so that it clearly marked 'using 3rd part images' or some such thing, and see what happens.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby davelowe1977 » May 21st, 2011, 8:34 am

davelowe1977 wrote:I have emailed the person (stevene73) via ebay. Basically, I outlined the legal position that you highlighted and asked for proof of ownership.

Okay, so communication happened. I asked the guy if he had permission, he said yes. Then I replied 'pretending' to legally represent some US entity (a bit naughty, but never mind) and threatened to report him to ebay if he didn't produce any documentation. The tone of his next message changed - he said basically that lots of people were selling the stuff and he didn't much care about copyright - the implication being that he didn't own the material. In fact, his last missive was that he had reported me to ebay for threatening him(!).

From reading around on the internet (always a dangerous thing), it appears that DPF was some kind of corporate entity and owned the files. It was advertised for sale, but at an unrealistic price since membership had dwindled to near enough 0 and most people who were active on it had moved elsewhere. To all intents and purposes, it folded. The files are therefore probably in the public domain.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby seattleworld » May 21st, 2011, 1:35 pm

Well if you want the true owernership go to the US Patent site that will show you all patenented matrial in process. like MIcrosoft pattons and the like. so there if you go to the US paton office it will tell who owns them in the United States. from what I understand is in every country they have pattons. the Files were originally a US domain which was DPF. com. The DPF.com site was a mutiple site entity and had Diaper stories as well as hypnosis reccordings. I haven't seen any DPF stories posted.

davelowe1977 wrote:
davelowe1977 wrote:I have emailed the person (stevene73) via ebay. Basically, I outlined the legal position that you highlighted and asked for proof of ownership.

Okay, so communication happened. I asked the guy if he had permission, he said yes. Then I replied 'pretending' to legally represent some US entity (a bit naughty, but never mind) and threatened to report him to ebay if he didn't produce any documentation. The tone of his next message changed - he said basically that lots of people were selling the stuff and he didn't much care about copyright - the implication being that he didn't own the material. In fact, his last missive was that he had reported me to ebay for threatening him(!).

From reading around on the internet (always a dangerous thing), it appears that DPF was some kind of corporate entity and owned the files. It was advertised for sale, but at an unrealistic price since membership had dwindled to near enough 0 and most people who were active on it had moved elsewhere. To all intents and purposes, it folded. The files are therefore probably in the public domain.
seattleworld
Regular
Regular

Postby davelowe1977 » May 21st, 2011, 3:34 pm

seattleworld wrote:Well if you want the true owernership go to the US Patent site that will show you all patenented matrial in process [....] The DPF.com site was a mutiple site entity and had Diaper stories as well as hypnosis reccordings....

Not quite sure what you mean sir. Patents are different to copyright and are not applicable in this instance.
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » May 25th, 2011, 7:33 am

davelowe1977 wrote:

Hello Dave,

It does not follow that the files are probably in the public domain. If that was the case the rights to the files would have passed to whomever is successor in intrest to the corporation.

Granted, it may be that that person or entity neither knows nor cares that they own the rights but that doesn't mean they are in the public domain. Someone or someone's owned that corporation. Upon the demise of the corporation its assetts passed to someone else, even if to the government if the sole owner died intestate with no relatives close enough to inherit.

So perhaps I am discussing a distinction without a difference about whether or not they are in the public domain. Even if they are not technically in the public domain if there is nobody around both willing and able to assert ownership rights, who cares.

It would be interesting to know whether or not they pass to the public domain if they are freely passed around for a given period of time with nobody asserting a claim against those who do so. Rather like adverse possession. I wouldn't know but it would be interesting to find some authority on that one way or another.

Regards,

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby sarnoga » May 25th, 2011, 7:40 am

seattleworld wrote:Well if you want the true owernership go to the US Patent site that will show you all patenented matrial in process. like MIcrosoft pattons and the like. so there if you go to the US paton office it will tell who owns them in the United States. from what I understand is in every country they have pattons. the Files were originally a US domain which was DPF. com. The DPF.com site was a mutiple site entity and had Diaper stories as well as hypnosis reccordings. I haven't seen any DPF stories posted.

Yes, as Dave said, patents are different from copyright. Patents are generally for inventions, copyright for expression. There is a copyright office where one can register a copyright if they want the additional protection of making it easier to show ownership. But one can not always determine owneership by checking at the copyright office.

The reason is that one need not register a work to have copyrights. The creation of a work gives a copyright. First publication of the work can serve as proof of sorts to support a claim of ownership, barring some other person or entity being able to show they were creator of the work and it was somehow aquired by the one who published but had no right to do so, etc.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

If this makes you feel better.

Postby frosty46 » November 1st, 2011, 7:25 pm

http://littleab.com/wavs/Baby.mp3

This link should stream the file you were talking about.

Sounds like an expensive set.
frosty46
Regular
Regular

Postby davelowe1977 » November 2nd, 2011, 7:15 am

Monitoring this as possible spam
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby vickie17 » November 26th, 2011, 11:47 am

one of the most relaxing files ever.
vickie17

copyright notice

Postby wohermiston » December 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm

These are wonderful tapes. I wanted to say, if the tapes are actually filed with the copyright office, then you can be held liable from the day you first violated the law to the day you are discovered by the copyright holder. However, anything recorded is automatically copyright protected by its very existence. it need not be filed with the copyright office. But reasonable efforts must be made to notify by including a copyright notice on the tape itself. I think it would have helped to actually imbed the notice within the recording too, but that could be edited off. If a reasonable attempt has been made to search the copyright office and an attempt to contact the holder was made, and no response is received, then it should be ok to use them until you are notified. Why is the baby tape in the inductions section. Shouldn't it be in the diaper section?
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby soundexcess » December 12th, 2011, 2:02 am

because it is part of an entire series of recordings still should be dp but that is why it may be misclassified
soundexcess
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Diapers and Incontinence