File problems

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

File problems

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » September 28th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Hi, just joined the site today. I am trying to get to the files, but when I click it the page is blank! What's up, here?

What I am saying is when I click the 'Files' link, it just comes up blank. But I can use the search engine, though I'd like to be able to see all of it at once.
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » October 1st, 2005, 10:00 pm

Oh, please! Can I just get a little help? Whenever I click on the 'Files' link, it comes up as a blank page! It's not easy guessing at the Search engine!

A bump post, I suppose. Oh well.
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » October 1st, 2005, 10:02 pm

Which browser are you using? Have you tried right clicking on Files and then left clicking on "Open in new window"(or something like that)?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » October 1st, 2005, 10:05 pm

Ising Internet Explorer. I have tried opening in a new window. It acts like it's gonna load, then it says done at the bottom, but the page is white. Maybe it did load and EMG has gotten me already... :) (j/k)
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » October 1st, 2005, 10:08 pm

To be honest... I have no idea what the problem is. You might want to run through your internet and browser settings to see what might be the problem.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » October 1st, 2005, 10:19 pm

I tried everything I could, and none of it worked. I can guess at the Search engines. No problems there. But the Files and the voting pages do this, and there may be others. I want to get everything, and I can't. This pisses me off to no end. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » October 1st, 2005, 10:22 pm

What link does it show in the address bar when the page is blank? Also, is the whole page blank or just the frame where the Files page should load?
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby dharden » October 2nd, 2005, 11:09 am

Hyp-know-fetish wrote:Ising Internet Explorer. I have tried opening in a new window. It acts like it's gonna load, then it says done at the bottom, but the page is white.

As a rule, how long is it between the time you click on the link and the time IE says it's done?

Are you using any type of add-ons or third-party software such as an ad-blocker, a pop-up blocker, or a proxy? (I understand that some ad-blockers work as proxies and that some toolbars have pop-up blockers.)
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » October 2nd, 2005, 12:44 pm

It takes about 7 seconds, and displays this on the address bar:

http://warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Files

I see no frames. It's just a white page. I have a popup blocker available but it's off.
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby wdbames » October 2nd, 2005, 8:34 pm

O.K. It's Like this:

After you click on the file and the blank window opens,
Go ahead and close the blank window.

Right-click on the file name at the top of the page.

Select save as,

Then select destination and OK or whatever and your file should
download without any problems.

Good luck with the hypnosis!
wdbames
Regular
Regular

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » October 2nd, 2005, 9:23 pm

That's not the problem. Here's what I mean:

1) I go to www.warpmymind.com
2) I click on "Enter"
3) I click on "Files"
4) The file page is blank.

There's the problem. Now, I do have luck with the hypnosis, because I can click on "Files - Search". But I am missing out on the bulk of it because I can only guess at what the site has. And what I hear about on the forums, of course.
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

I've sent you the complete Files section via PM.

Postby sandy82 » October 2nd, 2005, 11:18 pm

Hyp-know-fetish wrote:That's not the problem. Here's what I mean:

1) I go to www.warpmymind.com
2) I click on "Enter"
3) I click on "Files"
4) The file page is blank.

There's the problem. Now, I do have luck with the hypnosis, because I can click on "Files - Search". But I am missing out on the bulk of it because I can only guess at what the site has. And what I hear about on the forums, of course.

HKF, you are now hearing from a self-described computer know-nothing. My philosophy is that every single step has to be spelled out completely--or else I won't do it. Reason: I don't know what to do until I read an instruction that says: "Now do X."

First of all, you can avoid the entry page and the switching of screens when you click on "Enter". Add the following to your "Favorites" list in IE:
http://www.warpmymind.com/index.php

That will take you directly to the "Index page."

Then you log in. (Remember: I include everything.)

Next, before you proceed any farther, read the following. I wrote it with my own computer abilities in mind.

http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=733

Those instructions, which dharden termed "Instructions for the Compleat Idiot" (meaning me :wink: ), are geared for Windows and IE.

Following is the url for the full Files page. If almost everything else fails, you can try using that instead of clicking on "Files."

http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Files

Finally, if everything else fails, I have just sent you the full Files section--every name, description, etc., for all the Files. The PM format is semi-plain text; so the file names will not be clickable. But at least you can see all the available files and their descriptions.

Hopefully, you can type the name of a file into "Files - Search" and proceed from there.

I hope this is workable until a better solution can be found.

Good luck!!
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby CWolfCW » October 3rd, 2005, 12:09 am

Since you are able to search for individual files, try searching with an empty field (ie. no text for search), it will default to searching all available files. This basically gives you access to all the files. :wink:
CWolfCW
Regular
Regular

Postby dharden » October 3rd, 2005, 12:54 am

Hyp-know-fetish wrote:It takes about 7 seconds,

Urrr... If your browser were simply giving up on the page, I'd think it would take longer than that.

Try doing View Source on the blank page just to see how much does come through before IE says it's done. I don't know whether that will tell anything useful, but it might.

and displays this on the address bar:

http://warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Files

That's what should be there.

I see no frames. It's just a white page. I have a popup blocker available but it's off.

Does having it off mean that it's completely bypassed (or not loaded), or just that it doesn't check the code that passes through it for pop-ups?

For that matter, which one is it? I'm not familiar with any of the third-party pop-up blockers for IE, but someone here migt be familiar with yours.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » October 3rd, 2005, 4:36 am

Not wanting to emit negative vibrations here, I think maybe a computer that will not display the files correctly in the manner that has been discussed here probably needs a fresh installation. Something or other on the computer is malfunctioning, and a simple task like opening a new window to display the list of files fails.

So my advice is to start anew with the computer. Reinstall operating system, programs, anything and that will probably fix the problem. A Windows computer needs to be reinstalled at least once a year to work correctly. It probably has other hiccups also.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » October 3rd, 2005, 8:26 am

Hey Sandy, thanks! Now I'll know what all is on the site. Sweet. A I'll print out the list after I can fix my other computer problem: My ink is out. But I know how to fic that. And trust me, I have been in computers since I was 5 years old. I have NEVER come up with such ad odd problem. At least, It happened on all pages last time, and was that my Internet wire was loose. (I gotta get a wireless.) Anyway, never had it happen on exactly two pages.

Either way, now I'll get what I want! :twisted:
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files